Nutrien Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Horrible management, Union is just as worthless
U/G Mine Slave (Former Employee) –  Vanscoy, SK17 May 2018
As a former employee at the Vanscoy operations (Agrium) I can honestly say that they must be paying off the mines inspectors to keep it open!! After them killing one employee, severally injuring another, almosg killing gour more in the cage and having a major collapse behind a miner.

Don’t trust anyone who isn’t rank and file, supervisors are disposable and so are employees! OH&S nurse is a vindictive lil troll who despite being obese herself has told employees they need to lose weight!
RIP PotashCorp
Finance (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 April 2018
PotashCorp used to be one of the best companies to work for in Saskatoon. It felt like a true Saskatchewan company, very close-knit, hard, proud workers. The "merger" or what most internal people call it, the takeover by Agrium destroyed everything PotashCorp was. Bringing in Management from outside of the Province (Calgary, the real Headquarters) who don't understand the "Saskatchewan way". It's now like any other large company from a large city outside of Saskatchewan. Profits and Cost Savings "Synergies" are more important than the people. Luckily I've managed to survive the bloodshed in job losses, however I've heard via reliable sources that a great percentage of the IT department was outsourced to India and that most of the Execs live and work from Calgary. Other rumblings are that there will be another round of cuts in the near future. Other departments include Finance, HR, etc. Just wait for the sites to get hit too. If you're looking for a long term place to stay I'd stay clear of this mess. I don't know who I feel more for, those of us who kept our jobs or those who were offered packages. Regardless, I, among many others are looking to leave this place as it's just not worth the misery of always looking over your shoulder and worrying about your future. PotashCorp WAS the gem of Saskatchewan, but was unfortunately wiped out in the blink of an eye!
Pros
Golden Handcuffs - i.e. good pay
Cons
Management, Outsourcing, No direction, Saskatoon is now a "remote" site
Workplace Harassment
Management (Current Employee) –  Rocanville No. 151, SK11 April 2018
This place suffers from females harassing other works. Females have the power at this work place. It's not the old boys club at all. Nutrien needs to get a handle on this before a very expensive lawsuit happens.
Pros
You can sleep during lunch
Cons
Shift Work
One of the worst.
Production miner (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 March 2018
Probably the worst company I have ever worked for. At first it seems all shiney and new but then you get in to find the deep divide between workers and supervision.
Supervision for the most part is lacking any expirience. Some of them attempt to answer questions with a dumbfounded look and stare...I'm sorry but if you fail the supervisor exam more then once then maybe that isn't the career path for you. I truly believe they go out of thier way to get some dirt on you so they can look good when they bring the news to thier superiors. From and expirience miner, this is the worst mining company I have ever worked for. HR can't even get you a pay stub... You have to deal with a very poor online system and when that doesn't work you have to go through a contractor in Colorado. What a joke!!
Pros
Good Benifits, strong union, decent pay
Cons
Supervision, back stabbing and human resources.