Nutrien

Nutrien Employee Reviews

Canada62 reviews
The only thing that kept me from continuing on was due to the merger, and the layoffs that were happening. I enjoyed the experience and would have prefer to continue or be in the industry in an up market.
Pros
The people
Cons
The market demand affecting the staff requirements.
I mean it it’s a bunch of farmers running a mine. If you want àss backwards supervision and you like your supervisors to think they are cops to their potash masters you’ll really like it here
Wish I could have transferred to nutrien when I moved but there were no full time opportunities but I would definitely go back if there was. Staff was super friendly to work with and we felt like a family. The manager made you feel more at home and making sure you felt safe at work and even making sure your at home life was good and if you ever need to take time off to deal with personal problems there was never an issue or questions asked
Pros
Awesome staff and awesome company to work for
Cons
Not enough opportunities for full time
Employees are very friendly and informative. Very caring group of people. safety is their number one priority. Adopt to safe work or dont apply. Would love to work here again.
at lanigan you are mostly an equipment operator. I learned how to operate safely in confined areas. the culture is rough n tough humour very tight knit group.Get to know your work area do all safety checks. I enjoyed building things like belt lines.
I worked with some really great people, and definitely enjoyed my time there. Was let go early due to a slow season, but otherwise a great experience.
- Great manager.
- Daily tasks and enhancements.

- Huge projects.

- Comfortable workplace.

- Multinational organization.

- Flexible working hours.

- Professional work environment,
Temporary assignment for one day. Cannot answer this as I was there on an assignment. Staff were friendly. Were told what we were to do. It was detailed and specific.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
very busy and lots of on call. CP Rail is a busy customer.Lots of am call outs and lots of overtime. Terminal is 40 mins away and th trucks are not the best. lots of breakdowns
There's little respect or support for new hires. They do talk about making things better for young/new crop advisors but nothing comes from their talks. They don't really care about a work-life balance and use "when farmers are going, we are going" as a reason for making you work upwards of 18 hour days (during busy season, slow season is just hectic because of the impossible metrics they put on you but the days are short).

Salary is absolute garbage and varies from branch to branch. There is no standard starting wage so it's up to the manager's discretion as to how poorly they will pay you. The benefits are amazing though.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nutrien?
Nutrien is one of the largest fertilizer company in the world. With increasing world population, Nutrien is committed to meet the increasing world food demand within the limited resources.
I am happy to work here, got experience to see how a chemical processing plank looks like. Worked here for a month of shutdown program. Gained knowledge on importance of safety and awareness when working in the chemical equipment.
Great place to start out in the industry, Learn a lot as they provide tons of training throughout first year of employment and career. Fast Paced and long hours during peak seasons, great opportunity for OT. Very Slow in winter months.
Overall a good company to work for...pension, benefits, OT. Commitment to safety is above and beyond. Great support staff and very approachable management team.
Pros
Great people within the company
Cons
Just implemented SAP compter system
ok place to work, no advancement available. Twenty four hour operation, work is only as stressful as you make it. Front line management is good,higher management is questionable.
Its a decent place to work that pays well. there have been some recent issues with market demand that have led to some unfortunate jobsituations,but should get better.
I had a very good team player workmates. Each and everyone is willing to help. The work life balance is also good. The benefits and compensation are also great!
I am having a great experience working here. Team members are all willing to help and management provides great leadership Help desk team are extremely helpful and different teams get out of their way to help each other.
They will use you for everything they can. Promise you everything and give you nothing. At the facility I worked at the best part is the fact that half the people are under the influence of something so no one gives a crapIt’s very competitive for what the job entailed. Yet being the fastest or most durable and versatile employee gets you nothing. Your pay and job title will never change. Despite promises to do so
During the busy times in April, May, and June times at work can be very fast paced and stressful. But during the slow season it gives you a chance to relax and unwind.
I really enjoy working for nutrien they have a good work environment. Have no problem explaining things to a person, very flexible if you need time off. I have enjoyed working for both medicine hat branch and bow island branch.