Nutrien

Nutrien: 102 Employee Reviews

Canada102 reviews

safetysitethingculturechangelonggoodtraining

Company in disarray

Used to be a great company with good people but it quickly went into turmoil and doesn’t seem like it will be a good place to work for again. Don’t apply.

Decent place to be employed.

Nice pay. You have to keep current with training and be professional when dealing with maintenance. Decent pension plan. Benefits seem a little thin for a worldwide company.

Pros

Very good pay.

Cons

Long hours, shift work.

Insights into Nutrien

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Productive valuable place to work.

Great place to learn n grow.people team I worked with were very supportive. Management was very responsive to employees needs. Work environment is professional.

Terrible management and unfair treatment

When it comes down to it Nutrien doesn’t really care about their employees. Terribly managed at the production level from supervisors to general foreman

Decent place to work

Good compensation, workload is low. Unionized so come with the pros and cons of that. Not much incentive to become supervisor. Most coworkers are knowledgeable and good at their jobs

Pros

Pay

Cons

Typical cons of a large corporation, hot in the summer

Collaborative people and learning culture

Work can be fast paced but people are willing to help out. A lot of resources to learn within the company such as video courses etc. Management checks up on you if you are satisfied.

Challenging but Rewarding

I was mainly involved with Warehouse related tasks. Coworkers are friendly and compensation is decent however the role can be very physically demanding at times.

Professional productive workplace

Wonderful people to work with. Strong values of safety and efficiency. The warehouse manager has created a wonderful environment to work in where everyone really knows what they’re doing and doing it well for the benefit of everyone, along with everyone being super friendly and fun within a professional space. Really great work culture overall with a good work/life balance.

Pros

Mid morning meeting and stretches, positive and safe environment

Cons

Busy season from Apr-Sept

Decent place to work.

Lots of interesting work. Great focus on safety. Really great work on diversity and inclusion, they walk the talk. There is a lot of great people at every site.

Pros

Safety and promoting diversity

Cons

There is still a bit of a us and them feeling after the merger.

The St. Paul branch is a good solid crew.

Happy to say that management was very upfront about the job and very supportive with trading and day to day. For me, it was a refreshing and surreal experience. The crew was/is cohesive and things got done with no drama. Was heartbroken not to be able to return due to a Nutrien mandate of the Trudeau Cure-all.

Pros

Seasonal, decent wage for the work.

Cons

Seasonal, “Vaccine” mandate.

Terrible Mid Level Management

In terms of ag retail for a sales agronomist, this is one of the worst companies in the industry to work for. With no real bonus structure for sales staff and no room for advancement it is a great entry level position to cut your teeth and then move on bigger and better things. Be prepared to be thrown under the bus for things beyond your control. Division management are concerned only with making their lives easier and have no concern or interest in branch level staff. If you enjoy office politics, gossip, nepotism and ladder climbing then you will thoroughly enjoy this company.

Pros

Excellent training Great entry level position for Ag

Cons

Too many to list

Time at Nutrien

Excellent company to work for. Great benefits and pay. Can move up in company if you want. Management very supportive and good work life balance. Would recommend.

Good, but director was moody

Great company but he has been with the company too long. He was threatened when I told others that they wouldn’t promote anyone that year. Why have secrets? So ridiculous.

Being a new employee, lots of confusion. No clear goals, strategies. Lack of planning

Good company. Some quotes from corporations diaries“Peoples leave managers not companies second quote “ Micromanagement can be handled by educated management not only long experience. Third quote : working with educated people in small companies way better than working with micromanagement . 4 quotes is my own if you want to bring positive changes for the improvement of organization and co-worker and your managers stop you , quit your job before your eye blink .

Pros

Good company, paradise for lazy people

Cons

Not right place for who wants to do something big

Would not recommend

The training hardly exists, I was put in front of a computer with absolutely no training and was expected to teach myself. There were job aids available which were helpful but it’s not fair to be expected to learn like that. The computer system has a lot of glitches and errors. I do think if I was trained properly that I would have liked the job.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Zero one on one training

Official response from Nutrien

17 May 2021
We are sorry to hear about your experience. As part of an employees onboarding, our expectation is that are necessary training takes place, so new employees who join our team can get develop their skills quickly. If you'd like to connect with us directly so we can further improve, please feel free to contact us at yourvoice@nutrien.com

Solid Team and Supportive Workplace

I was here as a student in the summer internship program, my experience is only for 4 months. The manager care about you, care about your success, well-being and work-life balance. He guided me from day 1 of orientation and treat me as part of the team, not just a number. He asked me the 2nd day something along the line "how was your first day :)". At this location (Portage la Prairie), the team is small so you know everyone really well. Coworkers are supportive, great teamwork! When I did not understand something, people are willing to go beyond their means to make sure I do it correctly and most importantly, safely. No politics, no discrimination, no drama, no all that craps. One time, they let us go home early with full-day pay due to a rainstorm. This shows that they care about its people, and for a full-time employee, overtime is 1.5X wages. This is a Canadian Ag corporate company, so there is a clear structure from the top all the way down. Great pay for an intern. The organization structure is very neat, because, during my internship, I received conference training and conference training from the head office (Saskatoon) although I am at Portage. They gave presentations to students like me on potential career prospects after graduation etc... There are Q&A sessions online with the head office during my orientation. That is really useful!My manager sometimes asked on my first week of intern "Hey! is everything alright? how was your first day?". Each month, I was assigned different types of works from truck loading, paperwork, cleaning the office 3 - 4 times a week but -

Pros

Great Culture, Work-life balance, useful training, teamwork, good company culture

Cons

attitudes sometimes more important than performance

Clueless and cheap

They underpay employees and expect you to do way more work than what your job title entails. Benefits are now just okay. Upper managment is a joke. They brag about how they make record profits but than cut back on raises company wide. The new operating system is a expensive joke that they pretend works perfectly fine. Can't apply for internal positions because your the wrong gender or the system doesnt work. As far as I can see its managed as well as a pickup hockey game.

Pros

Sometimes it can be fun to work there. Local manager is good.

Cons

Almost everything

Good pay for the work

Great place to work if you're looking to make some money and be home every night. But keep an eye on your paycheck as payroll has a habit of always making mistakes and missing time on your paycheck.

Pros

Great pay great days off lots of vacation time

Cons

Poor management terrible payroll department

If you are white dont waste your time

This company does a ridiculous video interview. They send u dumb questions and expect you to video your response. I had over a decade of relevant experience and got a poorly written email about 3 months later saying i wasnt selected. After talking to numerous people that applied for positions with Nutrien it became obvious they hire based on skin colour and not qualifications.

Cons

Productive and fun place to work

Great atmosphere with kind co-workers. I would be honoured to be back to continue progressing my experience within such a company with broad ranges of things to learn.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Deliveries are made with safety in mind never rush.

Great company to work for. Great benefits and great salaries. All drivers are happy and been with the company for a long time. Company has safety in mind ans you are never rushed to do your deliveries.

Pros

Salary and benefits.

Cons

Work independently and have to find remote locations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nutrien. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Nutrien with

Learn about Nutrien in popular locations

• Nutrien