Nutrien Employee Reviews

N/A (Current Employee) –  High River, AB16 October 2018
Overall a good job to have, Things have been complicated after the merger and many were let go but things are starting to smooth out and it's not a bad place to be. I think it depends on location a lot and if you're in the retails or cooperate offices. But in my office the management it average, there is flexibility. Safety is a high priority and there are lots of opportunities to advance your training and learning. Pay an benefits are good... but calgary office has it way better. Office moral is average, and is pretty cliquey and there are really no perks like free lunches, snacks, a social committee or anything anymore... heck we don't even have a planning committee to have a Christmas party this year. The biggest down side is that I was not informed of all the work travel I would have to be doing when I signed up for the job.
Pros
pays decent, pretty easy work, flexiblity
Cons
below average moral, cliquey office, work travel wasn't disclosed
Horrible Mangement
Finance (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon12 October 2018
I had to work 10 hours days and weekends to make the deadlines and I was still not appreciated for my work. Co worker told management lies about me to cover her...... Poor direction. Poor planning after merger, To many upper management on their high horses. They need to clean house. I would not recommend working in the Saskatoon Head Office. Its TOXIC!!!
Pros
good snacks
Cons
poor management, lack of direction, little communication to employees.
Great People
Purchasing Coordinator Turnarounds / Projects (Former Employee) –  Redwater, AB25 September 2018
I was a contractor with Agrium not Nutrien, they were great people and management until the Americans took over. Good work environment no open concept environment.

Learned a lot, many long term employees with great knowledge.
Pros
People
Cons
Layoff
Great work environemnt
Guard (Current Employee) –  Rocanville, SK20 September 2018
Always have enjoyed the people I work with. The environment is always great and the support from management is good as well. Safety is very important here but is sometimes taken a little too seriously...
Pros
great managment, shift work, great pay
Cons
outside of town so the frive can get long based on where youre coming from.
Management is horrible
Operator (Former Employee) –  CNO19 August 2018
Culture is toxic to work within. Management cuts corners and try to hide things all the time. The people you work with tend to be good but management ruins the job experience.
Great Place to Work
Lead and supervise (Former Employee) –  Vanscoy, SK7 August 2018
great place to work and the company invest a lot of resources to ensure that the employees have the tools for their job, there is also a lot of training available to improve oneself available
Pros
great enviroment, training available and career development is available
Cons
it can be a tribal place depending on which mine you are based
Management is lost
Procurement Management (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2018
Since the merge between Agrium and PCS was completed, the company lost direction and management is absolutely lost.
Job culture is nonexistent and nobody knows what direction to follow. This is very unfortunate as Agrium was an excellent company to work for.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Leadership lost direction
Job contributes to Mental Health issues.
Upper Management (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK22 July 2018
A typical work day hinges upon reading the moods of senior management. Immediate dismissal is very real. Many managers are inexperienced and very arrogant. The workplace culture is full of politics, and this is the hardest part of the job. There is an immense amount of work, resources are shrinking, and expectations are going up. An organisation that should be avoided.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Shift Work
PAAC - Production at all Cost
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Rocanville, SK11 July 2018
This company thrives on production over safety. Rocanville site has multiple claims of harassment and the company has no clue how to deal with them. This is a terrible company to work for.
Pros
Upper Management works 4 10's
Cons
Anyone under management get treated like a numbered employee
it is a good place to work
Mine Operator (Current Employee) –  Vanscoy, SK11 June 2018
it is a great company to work for, unfortunately there are a of lay offs. the day starts with a tool box meeting, followed by being informed of where you are working that day. Drive out to the miner you are assigned to and begin your day.
pros are the wage is livable
cons are the lay offs
Pros
good guys to work with
Cons
lay offs
RIP PotashCorp
Finance (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 April 2018
PotashCorp used to be one of the best companies to work for in Saskatoon. It felt like a true Saskatchewan company, very close-knit, hard, proud workers. The "merger" or what most internal people call it, the takeover by Agrium destroyed everything PotashCorp was. Bringing in Management from outside of the Province (Calgary, the real Headquarters) who don't understand the "Saskatchewan way". It's now like any other large company from a large city outside of Saskatchewan. Profits and Cost Savings "Synergies" are more important than the people. Luckily I've managed to survive the bloodshed in job losses, however I've heard via reliable sources that a great percentage of the IT department was outsourced to India and that most of the Execs live and work from Calgary. Other rumblings are that there will be another round of cuts in the near future. Other departments include Finance, HR, etc. Just wait for the sites to get hit too. If you're looking for a long term place to stay I'd stay clear of this mess. I don't know who I feel more for, those of us who kept our jobs or those who were offered packages. Regardless, I, among many others are looking to leave this place as it's just not worth the misery of always looking over your shoulder and worrying about your future. PotashCorp WAS the gem of Saskatchewan, but was unfortunately wiped out in the blink of an eye!
Pros
Golden Handcuffs - i.e. good pay
Cons
Management, Outsourcing, No direction, Saskatoon is now a "remote" site
One of the worst.
Production miner (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 March 2018
Probably the worst company I have ever worked for. At first it seems all shiney and new but then you get in to find the deep divide between workers and supervision.
Supervision for the most part is lacking any expirience. Some of them attempt to answer questions with a dumbfounded look and stare...I'm sorry but if you fail the supervisor exam more then once then maybe that isn't the career path for you. I truly believe they go out of thier way to get some dirt on you so they can look good when they bring the news to thier superiors. From and expirience miner, this is the worst mining company I have ever worked for. HR can't even get you a pay stub... You have to deal with a very poor online system and when that doesn't work you have to go through a contractor in Colorado. What a joke!!
Pros
Good Benifits, strong union, decent pay
Cons
Supervision, back stabbing and human resources.