Nutri-Lawn Employee Reviews

nutri lawn
Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 March 2019
-worked there one summer
-good pay
-can have long days with varying hours shifts ranging from 7-13 hour days depending on your role
-some people get randomly let go when the season slows down later in the year
-management unorganized and constantly changing things then nagging you about them
-pushes you to sell products that sometimes are useless for the customer, but the sales commission is a bonus on your paycheque
-fun to work outside and visit different areas
-some jobs are tough physically but you spend alot of time driving around which is nice
Great place to work. Lots of laughs and good working environment!
Office Manager/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Nutri-Lawn Mississauga4 March 2019
I have been very happy working at Nutri-Lawn Mississauga.Great team to work with and I have come to think of them as my extended family. Great co-operation between the office and the outside workers with both respecting the others role.
Exciting and rewarding place to work.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS15 February 2019
Great company to work for . Nutri Lawn has an excellent training program and rewards hardwork.
Employees are well taken care of. There is a strong customer service and sales culture. I have been employed with Nutri Lawn for over a decade and I am not alone. There are many long term employees and this speaks for itself. People love to work for Nutri Lawn because it is a successful, fun, and rewarding company to work for.
Pros
-Excellent training -Hardwork is rewarded -Good incentives.
Official response from Nutri-Lawn
1 March 2019

Awesome. It's amazing to see how many people at NL have 10+ years under their lawn care belts. Great to have you for another decade :)

New but already a big fan!
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 December 2018
I am new to the team here at Nutri-Lawn but am really enjoying it. I knew nothing about lawn care when I started. Everyone I have had the chance to meet is lovely and helpful. Management is easy to approach, open to ideas, and very supportive. I have been continuously learning new things as I am still adjusting to my new position. The atmosphere at the office is comfortable but very organized. It's a breath of fresh air!
Official response from Nutri-Lawn
1 March 2019

Thanks for joining the team!! Glad that your 'on-boarding' was a huge success and we look forward to a long successful time together!

Great place, great people and great culture!
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS20 December 2018
Even though I have only been with Nutri-Lawn for a short 3 months I already feel apart of a company that I could see myself working for, for a long time to come.

So far, I have nothing but good things to say about the company in general and more specifically my local branch here in Nova Scotia. The training has been very hands-on and thorough to the point where I even had the opportunity to see what a day-in-the life of a technician is like on the road.

A typical work day can involve talking to customers about their lawn-care needs, processing payments or sending statements. At Nutri-Lawn I feel more of a team mate than an employee as everyone works together in unison.
Pros
Work-life balance
Full day without time to get bored
Lawn technician (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON14 December 2018
Busy job, with lots of variety. You meet interesting customers. You get to be outdoors. From treating lawns, to aeration. You work with a well fitted team.
Hard work with high pay especially if you get many sales, friendly work environment
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 November 2018
I have finished two seasons here and learned a lot in that time. Hours are unpredictable but this is the nature of the work not the company, pay is largely dependant on sales and how fast you work. As with all seasonal work there are no standard benefits and arranging time of can be difficult during the busy time of year however there are company picnics and day trips to encourage group building and teamwork. I find the people selected by management all share a willingness to work with others and disruptive members are discouraged. The hardest part of the work is the unpredictable nature of a day, things can change due to weather, mechanical failure or miscommunication with a customer. I have learned to be more adaptable and independent by doing this job because of the unpredictable nature of the work. I like the outdoors work and almost all the customers are happy to see you which can cause delays as you take some extra time to speak with them. There have been many improvements to the training since I've been here and management is always willing to implement changes that can improve the company for employees and customers.
Pros
Great for those that work well with little supervision
Cons
Many changes that occur throughout the year that can cause confusion
They put the right people on the right path
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 November 2018
Having been working for Nutri-Lawn the past 2 seasons it is obvious to me that they are committed to putting people with specific skill sets, people who work hard and people who want to be part of a team in the right positions and on a path to succeed. They spend a lot of time and resources finding these people and making sure to invest in them properly. Lawn care is tricky and is very difficult to appease all it's customer but Nutri Lawn does work hard at being honest and ethical. I've witnessed first hand the investment that goes into customer communication and service. There is a lot going on and many weeks of changes and different hurdles to overcome but this is only natural in a seasonal business that is in such high demand. This job/industry is best suited for someone who thrives in a forever moving/changing environment and appreciates the highs and lows of a seasonal business.
Nutri Lawn
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 August 2018
It could've been better but a lot of things like daily tasks and how they should be done were very vague. Things would change every week and there was no consistency. In the busy season (May/June) it's impossible to get a day off even if it's an emergency. The pay was decent but if you don't go out of your way to make sales and call customers repeatedly, basically on the verge of harassment then you weren't doing your job. There was some discrepancy with pricing for customers. For example, customers get charged based on the size of their property. When I went to the managers multiple times to report a miss sizing (customer was being overcharged) they said to just leave it and wouldn't change it. They claim to be honest and the best at what they do but they're far from it. If you're ok with pulling the wool over people's eyes and being dishonest then this is the job for you.
Great learning experience
Production / Sales and Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2018
In the years spent in Nutri-Lawn I was trained to be quite versatile and educated with regards to the services we provided and in building positive long lasting relationships with clients and other companies.
Fantastic People
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 February 2018
Great company to work for
Flexible hours and responsibilities
Management is super and very understanding
Can expect to enjoy work parties every few months!!
Good
LAWN TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 February 2018
It was a good place to work with, as it was a relaxed environment but low salary in comparison to competitors in the area. I just felt the company wasn't for me.
only employed for a brief period to help with customer sign ups
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL3 February 2018
Only employed for a brief period to help with customer sign ups
- worked from Monday to Friday
- while making phone calls was able to deal with some conflict and help to resolve
-Management was great to work for
- there was nothing hard about this job
Great work place / culture
Lawn care technician (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 December 2017
This company goes above and beyond to ensure that you have a competitive advantage over others in the industry.

As a seasonal lawn care technician I enjoyed the independent work environment, sales oriented bonus’s and the great outdoors.
Learned a lot, had fun, made some money.
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 December 2017
I didn't have any experience when I started but they had a good training program. I liked having my own truck and own route every day. I felt like I did a good job for the company and the customers liked me. Some long days in the spring but we got lot's of 3 day weekends in the summer, so that was awesome. I would recommend working here. It was great.
Pros
Independance
Cons
sometimes unpredictible hours
Okay but don't expect to get another contract
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 June 2017
it was an acceptable line of work, long hours, hard work, decent pay and friendly customers and crew members to work with but don't expect any returning workers next time you apply.
Pros
good crew, good pay
Cons
long hours, not much in the way of loyalty to you as a worker
Wonderful Place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON21 May 2017
I love my job at Nutri-Lawn, the employees are fantastic to work with and the manager is probably the best manager i've had in my working career. I would highly recommend Nutri-Lawn as a work place.
fast paced hard working days
Full time employee (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 April 2017
Involved showing up to work for 7 am and packing the truck to be ready for the day, depending on where our location of work was going to be for that day. Our job consist of fertilization of customers lawns.
Great work place
Technician for Nutri-Lawn (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON9 March 2017
Although I have only worked at the S.S.M. branch, this company has shown me that it values its employees. Although i was one of the youngest staff i was quickly promoted and given my own crews. This shows e that hard work, determination, and getting the job done right, not fast is why Nutri lawn emphasizes most in their employees. As i believe the right way is the only way to do things, this philosophy fits very well with me. Nutri-lawn also takes great care of their customer, which gave me the confidence in our products, to speak to prospective customers and successfully sell them our service.
Pros
Freedom to take lunch whenever, trust from employer that I would do a good job
Cons
Losing hours of work due to rain or simply lack of contracts.
productif
Christmas Lights Installer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 February 2017
j'ai appris beaucoup de choses, personnel qualifie . bon systeme de sante et de securite au travail.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nutri-Lawn. Our community is ready to answer.