Nutri-Lawn Employee Reviews

They put the right people on the right path
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 November 2018
Having been working for Nutri-Lawn the past 2 seasons it is obvious to me that they are committed to putting people with specific skill sets, people who work hard and people who want to be part of a team in the right positions and on a path to succeed. They spend a lot of time and resources finding these people and making sure to invest in them properly. Lawn care is tricky and is very difficult to appease all it's customer but Nutri Lawn does work hard at being honest and ethical. I've witnessed first hand the investment that goes into customer communication and service. There is a lot going on and many weeks of changes and different hurdles to overcome but this is only natural in a seasonal business that is in such high demand. This job/industry is best suited for someone who thrives in a forever moving/changing environment and appreciates the highs and lows of a seasonal business.
Nutri Lawn
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 August 2018
It could've been better but a lot of things like daily tasks and how they should be done were very vague. Things would change every week and there was no consistency. In the busy season (May/June) it's impossible to get a day off even if it's an emergency. The pay was decent but if you don't go out of your way to make sales and call customers repeatedly, basically on the verge of harassment then you weren't doing your job. There was some discrepancy with pricing for customers. For example, customers get charged based on the size of their property. When I went to the managers multiple times to report a miss sizing (customer was being overcharged) they said to just leave it and wouldn't change it. They claim to be honest and the best at what they do but they're far from it. If you're ok with pulling the wool over people's eyes and being dishonest then this is the job for you.
busy busy
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2018
While working here i found that its a fun place to work.The hours can be long depending on area of city and route .As a route manager work can be rewarding , such as bonuses for meeting work quota and compliments from clients on jobs well done.
Pros
drive company trucks with supplies and equipment.
Cons
long days during peak summer months.
only employed for a brief period to help with customer sign ups
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL3 February 2018
Only employed for a brief period to help with customer sign ups
- worked from Monday to Friday
- while making phone calls was able to deal with some conflict and help to resolve
-Management was great to work for
- there was nothing hard about this job
Great learning experience
Production / Sales and Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2018
In the years spent in Nutri-Lawn I was trained to be quite versatile and educated with regards to the services we provided and in building positive long lasting relationships with clients and other companies.
Fantastic People
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 February 2018
Great company to work for
Flexible hours and responsibilities
Management is super and very understanding
Can expect to enjoy work parties every few months!!
Good
LAWN TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 February 2018
It was a good place to work with, as it was a relaxed environment but low salary in comparison to competitors in the area. I just felt the company wasn't for me.
Great work place / culture
Lawn care technician (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 December 2017
This company goes above and beyond to ensure that you have a competitive advantage over others in the industry.

As a seasonal lawn care technician I enjoyed the independent work environment, sales oriented bonus’s and the great outdoors.
A Campany that Cares
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON23 January 2013
Nutrilawn Sudbury was the best work atmosphere I've ever experienced. From the production team to office staff, we were like a family who worked together to make our customers happy. Customer satisfaction combined with all-natural, top of the line lawn care products are what made Nutrilawn stand out.

The management and ownership of Nutrilawn was done so in a warm, welcoming way. This sort of treatment upon the employees turned out a great mutual respect for the boss. Overall everybody was happy, which produced desirable results on our customers' lawns.

I learned a lot about lawn maintenance and environmentally harmful practices. I also learned that I could be a salesperson and felt proud of the sales I was able to turn out for the company.

The hardest part of the job was keeping customers satisfied when poor weather conditions worked against our product. Equally challenging was keeping competitive pricing while offering superior products.

The most enjoyable part of my job was managing the staff because I had an excellent crew who followed instructions well. I implemented a couple morale-boosting office perks and satisfied my team and my employer.
Pros
friendly staff, staff party, charity hockey tournament, decent pay, commission on sales
Cons
unpredictable weather can affect shifts, long hours in the sun
Great Co-workers awful job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 June 2014
It was a great job at first then they ripped me off. they never gave me a raise after my 3 month probation. and when I made a suggestion for training new employees they fired me
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
long hours, poor pay, not open to improve
Learned a lot, had fun, made some money.
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 December 2017
I didn't have any experience when I started but they had a good training program. I liked having my own truck and own route every day. I felt like I did a good job for the company and the customers liked me. Some long days in the spring but we got lot's of 3 day weekends in the summer, so that was awesome. I would recommend working here. It was great.
Pros
Independance
Cons
sometimes unpredictible hours
Okay but don't expect to get another contract
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 June 2017
it was an acceptable line of work, long hours, hard work, decent pay and friendly customers and crew members to work with but don't expect any returning workers next time you apply.
Pros
good crew, good pay
Cons
long hours, not much in the way of loyalty to you as a worker
Wonderful Place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON21 May 2017
I love my job at Nutri-Lawn, the employees are fantastic to work with and the manager is probably the best manager i've had in my working career. I would highly recommend Nutri-Lawn as a work place.
Great work place
Technician for Nutri-Lawn (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON9 March 2017
Although I have only worked at the S.S.M. branch, this company has shown me that it values its employees. Although i was one of the youngest staff i was quickly promoted and given my own crews. This shows e that hard work, determination, and getting the job done right, not fast is why Nutri lawn emphasizes most in their employees. As i believe the right way is the only way to do things, this philosophy fits very well with me. Nutri-lawn also takes great care of their customer, which gave me the confidence in our products, to speak to prospective customers and successfully sell them our service.
Pros
Freedom to take lunch whenever, trust from employer that I would do a good job
Cons
Losing hours of work due to rain or simply lack of contracts.
Enjoyed working here...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL23 March 2012
I truly enjoyed working at NutriLawn... But it was very difficult to go back this season due to lack of work/life balance. I have two children who I wouldnt get to see, only when they are sleeping and for an hour before they go to school in the morning..
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
late evenings= no time with my children
16 November 2017

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the experience. Sorry that the short season and compressed opportunity to deliver service cut into family life.

Negative atmosphere and an HR nightmare
Sales (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC28 November 2016
Absolutely horrendous place to work. A lot of workplace injuries due to negligence by the warehouse manager and "CEO", negative work environment, management that doesn't feel like they care about their employees just the bottom line, and low pay.
Great work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 July 2012
During my time at Nutri-lawn, i was able to develop my skills in sales discovered new methods in uncovering client needs and recommending appropriate products or services,Selling solutions to customers and then backing up those sales with top-quality service,and built relationships with coworkers, clients, and strategic partners. At Nutri-lawn i was able develop my previous sales experience further in order to make me of a more efficient and effective sales representative. A typical day at nutri-lawn i would speak to clients about our services develop a friendly rapport in which i would make clients comfortable and trusting of me as person. This is considerably the most difficult step since most of my interaction with clients are over the phone but with the excellent training methods taught to us i was able use methods best suited for me when addressing clients. Nutri-lawn is friendly close knit work environment and I had enjoyable experience working there
Cons
short shifts
16 November 2017

Thanks for the feedback and really glad that you enjoyed the experience, and learned along the way. A true 'win-win'!

Bottom line most important
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 December 2014
New management. Low on ethics. Mistreat employees. They like to hold your sales to ensure they make their bonus.
Pros
Good products
Cons
Unethical manager
16 November 2017

This is an unfortunate experience, however, we do not have an operation in Edmonton. Another company operates with the same name in that market...but not the Nutri-Lawn that you see from coast to coast. We understand that this is very confusing in the Edmonton marketplace but just wanted you to be aware.

Walking around viewing different places and people everyday
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON10 May 2016
I learned how to catch a customers attention fast, how to approach different sorts of people with busy lives. Offered estimates to whom were interested in my product. Found it difficult at times to keep customers interest in 30 seconds, otherwise was a learning experience with new people.
Pros
walking around different cities meeting new clinintel
Cons
late evenings, seasonal
fast paced hard working days
Full time employee (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 April 2017
Involved showing up to work for 7 am and packing the truck to be ready for the day, depending on where our location of work was going to be for that day. Our job consist of fertilization of customers lawns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nutri-Lawn. Our community is ready to answer.