Nutri-Lawn Employee Reviews

busy busy
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2018
While working here i found that its a fun place to work.The hours can be long depending on area of city and route .As a route manager work can be rewarding , such as bonuses for meeting work quota and compliments from clients on jobs well done.
Pros
drive company trucks with supplies and equipment.
Cons
long days during peak summer months.
Good
LAWN TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 February 2018
It was a good place to work with, as it was a relaxed environment but low salary in comparison to competitors in the area. I just felt the company wasn't for me.
Great work place / culture
Lawn care technician (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 December 2017
This company goes above and beyond to ensure that you have a competitive advantage over others in the industry.

As a seasonal lawn care technician I enjoyed the independent work environment, sales oriented bonus’s and the great outdoors.
Learned a lot, had fun, made some money.
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 December 2017
I didn't have any experience when I started but they had a good training program. I liked having my own truck and own route every day. I felt like I did a good job for the company and the customers liked me. Some long days in the spring but we got lot's of 3 day weekends in the summer, so that was awesome. I would recommend working here. It was great.
Pros
Independance
Cons
sometimes unpredictible hours
Okay but don't expect to get another contract
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 June 2017
it was an acceptable line of work, long hours, hard work, decent pay and friendly customers and crew members to work with but don't expect any returning workers next time you apply.
Pros
good crew, good pay
Cons
long hours, not much in the way of loyalty to you as a worker
Wonderful Place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON21 May 2017
I love my job at Nutri-Lawn, the employees are fantastic to work with and the manager is probably the best manager i've had in my working career. I would highly recommend Nutri-Lawn as a work place.
fast paced hard working days
Full time employee (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 April 2017
Involved showing up to work for 7 am and packing the truck to be ready for the day, depending on where our location of work was going to be for that day. Our job consist of fertilization of customers lawns.
Great work place
Technician for Nutri-Lawn (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON9 March 2017
Although I have only worked at the S.S.M. branch, this company has shown me that it values its employees. Although i was one of the youngest staff i was quickly promoted and given my own crews. This shows e that hard work, determination, and getting the job done right, not fast is why Nutri lawn emphasizes most in their employees. As i believe the right way is the only way to do things, this philosophy fits very well with me. Nutri-lawn also takes great care of their customer, which gave me the confidence in our products, to speak to prospective customers and successfully sell them our service.
Pros
Freedom to take lunch whenever, trust from employer that I would do a good job
Cons
Losing hours of work due to rain or simply lack of contracts.
productif
Christmas Lights Installer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 February 2017
j'ai appris beaucoup de choses, personnel qualifie . bon systeme de sante et de securite au travail.
This was a fun work environment, and the management helped it be that way.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawn, NL26 December 2016
Come to work ready to work, greeted by awesome coworkers. I learned a lot about selling and up-selling products. The company had a Canada wide sales contest, and I liked the incentive in that.
Pros
Great staff
16 November 2017

Great feedback. Thanks for being a part of the team. Glad you learned along the way.

Negative atmosphere and an HR nightmare
Sales (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC28 November 2016
Absolutely horrendous place to work. A lot of workplace injuries due to negligence by the warehouse manager and "CEO", negative work environment, management that doesn't feel like they care about their employees just the bottom line, and low pay.
I liked this job, there was always something that needed to be done.
Janitor/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 July 2016
I learned how to better manage my time in order to complete all my tasks.

my co-workers where always around to help if needed.
Enjoyed my time there
Territory Lead (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 June 2015
Great owner good co workers and good place to work if you like the outdoors. Can be quiet in the winter as the grass doesn't grow in Nov - Jan
Pros
lots
16 November 2017

Kind words, thank you so much. Let's figure out how to grow grass in the winter :)

Bottom line most important
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 December 2014
New management. Low on ethics. Mistreat employees. They like to hold your sales to ensure they make their bonus.
Pros
Good products
Cons
Unethical manager
16 November 2017

This is an unfortunate experience, however, we do not have an operation in Edmonton. Another company operates with the same name in that market...but not the Nutri-Lawn that you see from coast to coast. We understand that this is very confusing in the Edmonton marketplace but just wanted you to be aware.

Great Co-workers awful job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 June 2014
It was a great job at first then they ripped me off. they never gave me a raise after my 3 month probation. and when I made a suggestion for training new employees they fired me
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
long hours, poor pay, not open to improve
Great work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 July 2012
During my time at Nutri-lawn, i was able to develop my skills in sales discovered new methods in uncovering client needs and recommending appropriate products or services,Selling solutions to customers and then backing up those sales with top-quality service,and built relationships with coworkers, clients, and strategic partners. At Nutri-lawn i was able develop my previous sales experience further in order to make me of a more efficient and effective sales representative. A typical day at nutri-lawn i would speak to clients about our services develop a friendly rapport in which i would make clients comfortable and trusting of me as person. This is considerably the most difficult step since most of my interaction with clients are over the phone but with the excellent training methods taught to us i was able use methods best suited for me when addressing clients. Nutri-lawn is friendly close knit work environment and I had enjoyable experience working there
Cons
short shifts
16 November 2017

Thanks for the feedback and really glad that you enjoyed the experience, and learned along the way. A true 'win-win'!

good work place
interviewer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 May 2012
i liked calling people and saling them lawn products.
i had a good working team.
not enough money though.
Pros
short hours
Cons
no breaks
Enjoyed working here...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL23 March 2012
I truly enjoyed working at NutriLawn... But it was very difficult to go back this season due to lack of work/life balance. I have two children who I wouldnt get to see, only when they are sleeping and for an hour before they go to school in the morning..
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
late evenings= no time with my children
16 November 2017

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the experience. Sorry that the short season and compressed opportunity to deliver service cut into family life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nutri-Lawn. Our community is ready to answer.