Nutri-Lawn

Nutri-Lawn Employee Reviews

Canada44 reviews
Great summer job!
Very good work for anybody physically active, self motivated, organized and able to deal with the upset customer now and then. Only bad thing is weather-dependence.
Productive and reliable employment
Great place to work, great management and culture. Flexibility with work schedule to work another job, could pay more for the current market and area of the job.
Fast Paced environment
Fast paced work environment with ability to work extra hours if you want. Management was easy to work for and fair to employees of all experience levels.
A grind
Great place to work if its what your looking to do for a living. management was friendly and cared about their employees. work was physical and has to work around the weather.
My experience
Nutri-Lawn is a great company to work for. The manager shows genuine appreciation for your work and gives good constructive criticism for guidance.

Very clean and organized office space and friendly staff. I would highly recommend this company to anyone.
Productive and fun workplace
The summer season is busy, May and June when people are looking for lawncare. Later in the summer is less busy, and there is more time for team building activities. You learn more about lawncare than you think you will ever know!
Seasonal
Need to be able to educate public deal with a lot of complaints. No incentive to come back next year.

!

Great
I can’t say enough good things about nutri-lawn and the management. Workers are treated very well, the pay is better than others and the owners are a family so no corporate managers. Great great great. No issues with customers who are always happy to see you and happy with the results nutri-lawn is able to provide through their better training and products education and training.
Great Place To Work
I always enjoy my work day because you feel like everybody's on the same team and yet you run your own day.
I also enjoy talking to customers, you meet all kinds of interesting people.

Management insists on a positive attitude form everyone which creates a very positive work environment. Nutri lawn is a great place to work.
A growing business with a high drive for success. We are the BEST
We engage everyday with our customers, offering ecology friendly lawn care, no chemicals or harmful materials in what we use. This gives us a competitive edge on the market, as our name and brand is built off lawn care the Green and ecology friendly way, where lawn care as a whole has always been associated with chemicals and harmful products.
Truth
Pros - good pay, good benefits, amazing coworkers and CEO
Cons- No room for growth. Expected to self teach yourself CRM software as any training that came in was kept to only management level. Management is highly unprofessional, refuses to take escalated complaints, refuses to compromise with the clientele, it is their way or the highway.

Chaotic environment as management is unorganized and the manager in place has no management experience. No employee relations skills.

Management will delegate all their work to employees and then take the credit such as invoicing, accounts receivable, dealing with third party companies, complaints, and reviews. As a customer service representative/sales representative you are expected to make large sales but are unable to do so due to management errors. Any errors made by management are then twisted and made to be the employees fault.

The biggest reason to not work here... The work completed and work ethics of the employee does not matter. An employee can make higher sales than other employees and do more to improve the customer relations but when it comes down to lay offs they don't look at reports to make a decision of who would be best to retain for the company but rather base the choice off the opinion of others.
hard work !
I been worked long hours and busy during summer season and keep working different place with lawn care and mowing grass and different things to do keep boss happy
Small landscaping company
The job requires an individual to work long hours driving to each job site and completing the corresponding tasks. Employees are taught to use aerators and other lawn equipment.
Productive environment. Great team. Fun place to work
At Nutrilawn they treat you like family. Your not micro managed. Your encouraged to contribute your ideas. They have newer equipment and our always trying to incoperate new technology into the business. I have enjoyed every minute since I started at Nutrilawn
Pros
Company benefits, competitve compensation, company socials
Cons
None so far
nutri lawn
-worked there one summer
-good pay

-can have long days with varying hours shifts ranging from 7-13 hour days depending on your role

-some people get randomly let go when the season slows down later in the year

-management unorganized and constantly changing things then nagging you about them

-pushes you to sell products that sometimes are useless for the customer, but the sales commission is a bonus on your paycheque

-fun to work outside and visit different areas

-some jobs are tough physically but you spend alot of time driving around which is nice
Great place to work. Lots of laughs and good working environment!
I have been very happy working at Nutri-Lawn Mississauga.Great team to work with and I have come to think of them as my extended family. Great co-operation between the office and the outside workers with both respecting the others role.
Exciting and rewarding place to work.
Great company to work for . Nutri Lawn has an excellent training program and rewards hardwork.
Employees are well taken care of. There is a strong customer service and sales culture. I have been employed with Nutri Lawn for over a decade and I am not alone. There are many long term employees and this speaks for itself. People love to work for Nutri Lawn because it is a successful, fun, and rewarding company to work for.
Pros
-Excellent training -Hardwork is rewarded -Good incentives.
Official response from Nutri-Lawn
1 March 2019
Awesome. It's amazing to see how many people at NL have 10+ years under their lawn care belts. Great to have you for another decade :)
New but already a big fan!
I am new to the team here at Nutri-Lawn but am really enjoying it. I knew nothing about lawn care when I started. Everyone I have had the chance to meet is lovely and helpful. Management is easy to approach, open to ideas, and very supportive. I have been continuously learning new things as I am still adjusting to my new position. The atmosphere at the office is comfortable but very organized. It's a breath of fresh air!
Official response from Nutri-Lawn
1 March 2019
Thanks for joining the team!! Glad that your 'on-boarding' was a huge success and we look forward to a long successful time together!
Great place, great people and great culture!
Even though I have only been with Nutri-Lawn for a short 3 months I already feel apart of a company that I could see myself working for, for a long time to come.

So far, I have nothing but good things to say about the company in general and more specifically my local branch here in Nova Scotia. The training has been very hands-on and thorough to the point where I even had the opportunity to see what a day-in-the life of a technician is like on the road.

A typical work day can involve talking to customers about their lawn-care needs, processing payments or sending statements. At Nutri-Lawn I feel more of a team mate than an employee as everyone works together in unison.
Pros
Work-life balance
Full day without time to get bored
Busy job, with lots of variety. You meet interesting customers. You get to be outdoors. From treating lawns, to aeration. You work with a well fitted team.
Hard work with high pay especially if you get many sales, friendly work environment
I have finished two seasons here and learned a lot in that time. Hours are unpredictable but this is the nature of the work not the company, pay is largely dependant on sales and how fast you work. As with all seasonal work there are no standard benefits and arranging time of can be difficult during the busy time of year however there are company picnics and day trips to encourage group building and teamwork. I find the people selected by management all share a willingness to work with others and disruptive members are discouraged. The hardest part of the work is the unpredictable nature of a day, things can change due to weather, mechanical failure or miscommunication with a customer. I have learned to be more adaptable and independent by doing this job because of the unpredictable nature of the work. I like the outdoors work and almost all the customers are happy to see you which can cause delays as you take some extra time to speak with them. There have been many improvements to the training since I've been here and management is always willing to implement changes that can improve the company for employees and customers.
Pros
Great for those that work well with little supervision
Cons
Many changes that occur throughout the year that can cause confusion