Nutreco

Nutreco Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews

Insights into Nutreco

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things

Nutreco

Great place to work and they allowed me to work from home which to me was a plus. The environment is very good and people are friendly. I really enjoyed working for this company,.

Ambiance de travaille

Beaucoup de roulement de personel en ce moment. Grosse entreprise mal géré. Les nouveaux cadres essaient tous de tirer leurs parts du gateau et revolutionner sans avoir expérience de travaille pertinente...salaires et avantages sociaux corrects mais ambiance de travaille nul.

Moyen

Entreprise qui travaille sur ses ses enjeux de gestion

Milieu en croissance

Beaucoup de défis. L'entreprise cherche à moderniser son systeme de gestion et ses pratiques d'affaires.

Great Place to work

Nutreco was a place I called home for 8 years! Loved every minute of it. a Great balance of work life, and they treat you like family. I encourage anyone looking fo a career to apply.

agent service èa la clientèle

cette entreprise est la premiere a m'avoir donner la chance d'exploiter mes connaissances relatives à mon BACC. n'ayant aucune experiences administratives autres que la gestion des stocks au salon de coiffure, iil on su faire preuve de patience et m'ont appuyer dans ma formation. c'est une culture axé sur la rapidité d'exécution et sur le professionalisme

Pros

possibilité d'avancement

Cons

aucun renforcement positif

the forklift was fun to operate.

I had no other warehouse workers so when I would get 6 or more customers with more then one item it got Little stressful but the time went buy fast. The manager is a great boss . He was good to get along with. I learned how to operate a forklift and manage a warehouse. The most enjoyable part of the job was operating the forklift and organizing the warehouse. The atmosphere was great. I got along with all the employees.

Pros

free pizza and donuts once in awale

Cons

warehouse had no heat very cold in the winter.

Overall Review

Busy Environment, Hardworking Workers, Team Players, Quality Product, Good Benefits and fair on wage expectations, Overall good place to work with right management.

Decent Salary and benefits, insufficient training

decent salary, good benefits. 10 paid vacation days starting off. poor initial training, you get thrown into the job without proper knowledge and it is sink or swim. by the time you gain proper knowledge and training you are 2 to 3 years into the job and most of your knowledge has come from mistakes and errors. not training from your employer.

Pros

paid lunches, benefits, company car

Cons

poor on the job training, cliquish employees, sink or swim attitude

Lack of Training and Apathetic Management

Training was inconsistent and incomplete prior to the need to perform tasks with high cost factors, resulting in costly but easily avoided mistakes. Management was either apathetic to or ignorant of the deeply toxic work environment in the office (Otterburne). Pay was sufficient, but the lack of internal support resulted in the need to put in longer hours without overtime recognition.

Pros

Decent salary

Cons

Toxic work environment, lack of internal support

got to work with friends

typical day would be milking cows, barn management feeding and maintaining equipment, cow health, barn repairs. got to further my knowledge on cow health , very hands on work which i love very labor intensive.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

not a well managed facility to work in

Was a good place to work and had good benefits.

No two days at Landmark were ever completely the same, you were always making different feeds each day. With that being said the job was not hard at all, the hardest part of the job was dealing with trouble shooting the computer to figure out a production issue and the breaking down of the equipment all the time.

The workplace culture was difficult to survive

I did not receive the proper training for a position which involved significant cost risks in errors, which resulted in expensive avoidable mistakes. In addition, the workplace culture of the office was a minefield. Management and human resources were apathetic to the workplace bullying of staff.

Fun

Realistic job previews are actions taken in the recruiting process to give candidates a sense of what it’s like to work at the company. They are not only designed for the company to see how the candidate handles certain situations but for the candidate to understand what working conditions are like. An example of a realistic job preview activity is the inbox or in-tray exercise. With technology, companies are doing some innovative things to provide a realistic job preview to candidates: Photos and video tours of the office environment Video of internal meetings (here’s an example from Google) Testimonials from current employees Social media sharing (via Facebook pages, Tweets, LinkedIn company pages and Google +)

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Complex project - tight deadlines which were always meet

Analyzing & simplified companies payroll process Learned to to Project Manage

A good learning experience.

Work at Nutreco is a decent mixture of end user support (2/3 level) and remote server and application support.At Nutreco I've gained important experience with quite a few applications that I haven't had a chance to use in the past, such as LANDesk, Mobile Iron, VMware virtulization and Citrix XenApp.The environment and managements style is relaxed and my co-workers are a joy to work with.The hardest part of the job was transitioning from localized support to a more global structure.

Pros

great benefits and retirement fund

Cons

not enough it focus (as this is a feed company) so career advancement through training is minimal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nutreco. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement