Nurse Next Door Home Care Services logo
Nurse Next Door Home Care Services

Nurse Next Door Home Care Services Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Supported by management.

Extra time given by management for teaching/ education.Was given extra support from management,in a difficult situation more than once .Management shows appreciation to staff in several ways .

Pros

Support

Very meh

I worked for a few months with nurse next door and it was okay. Pay was subpar and they did not pay for mileage even though they had me driving from Cornwall to Winchester often. The clients were okay but I would not go back there.

Pros

Most employees were nice

Cons

Bad pay and no mileage is paid

I like to work with nurse next door

I like to work I got more confidence and I enjoyed my work with NND. I joined in 2020 and I like the staff they always manage time and shifts even manage leave if you are not available for any visit. All team members are cooperative and supportive.

Purposeful place to work

Nurse Next Door is a great home care company to work for as they know each and every client and caregiver personally. You are valued as an employee. There is honest communication between management and front line workers. They hire caregivers who are truly interested in the clients well being and are able to take time with each client, as visits are a minimum 3 hours.

Pros

Flexible schedule, support from staff

Cons

schedule can always change

Productive and friendly

It’s the best place to work an I would like to recommend my friends to join this company. If you are really interested in serving community with whole heart.

It's a fun place to work

Working at nurse Next Door was the greatest and happiest moment I have ever experienced. Very peaceful, learnt about caring as my talent, A typucal day at work was making my client as my top most priority, with stress free environment, meeting my goal in rending optimum services to my client, rendering care with best practice nursing guideline.The hardest pard of the job would be effort to locate the destination and travel distance.Most enjoyable part of the job was the peaceful work environment. Work place culture; working as team, the friendliness that exists amoung the workers and cooperation. continue education for new knowladge .

Pros

Yes, but not always

Cons

yes, but not always

Seniors were awesome to work with

Nurse Next Door is a great place to work. You pick your hours. I was a caregiver but basically did everything a PSW did. I bathed, fed gave meds, dressed, shopped, did errands for the elderly I looked after. You can work full time or part time hours there are lots of hours to choose from. Management was great the only bad part of working for Nurse Next Door is the pay 14.00/hr sucks

Pros

Pick hours, nice people good management

Cons

Terrible pay

Bad bosses don't listen, which goes hand in hand with being bad communicators. Worse, they do not even care to listen. Whatever you say, bad bosses hear what they want to hear. In addition, they interrupt constantly, and they are never fully present during interactions with employees.

Cons

i love working for Nurse Next Door..Indeed sends me new jobs..not even comparable to Nurse Next Door.

Nurse Next Door is a career not a job. Lots of work. Team is really supportive and I am grateful to have a job that is flexable and suits who I am. Team is amazing. Room for growth in a world that is aging.

Pros

they work with you..parking..millage.

Experience varies

The workplace is franchised. Your experience will vary widely based on location and how competent your management staff is. I am lucky to have an amazing management team. Communication is quick and easy. Requirements (like training) are accessible. They do draws and shout outs on our work Facebook page. It is amazing! They also support their staff in regards to work life balance, scheduling, and career advancement. I have read quite a few reviews, and it seems like most issues stem from your locations management. Worth checking out.

Pros

Gift draw, flexibility, training included

Cons

Different management in different locations will lead to inconsistencies

Jobs at Nurse Next Door Home Care Services

See more jobs

Not a place I’d recommend

Don’t work here. Pay is horrible and you’re often up in the air with shifts. Not a very good place to work. Especially for the work you do and aren’t compensated

productive and fun workplace

the staff are very nice and very accommodating when it comes to shift, very understanding management,they listen to your concerns,it works in my availability,best management worked ever.

No summary

The pay is extremely low for what is required of a Healthcare aide and her job description. The wage does not work very well when you are driving and spending money on gas and vehicle maintenance. The home visits are very long also . The office staff where professional and kind. The did send bday cards and recognition of events with staff. Staff are treated with respect. Overall the company is good with room for advancement . My only concern was the low salary. In today's world one with education can not live on minimum wage.

Pros

Respect

Cons

Poor salary

Fantastic Clients

The clients are amazing wonderful people with great stories about their lives and meeting them is the only benefit to this job. In the age of Covid the company is slow to react to the necessary changes as not all jobs have PPE provided by the employers and as the benchmarks changed the company was slow to react, low wages with little to no room for advancement, this is another for profit company focused on their bottom line and not the health and safety of their clients and employees.

Pros

Great clients, flexible schedule

Cons

No respect for staff

Horrible place to work!!

They are the worse to work for- lie lies and lies. No protection if an employee slanders you. They won’t listen to your sid word story. Fire you for no reason. For the $4 Pandemic pay. They say they didn’t get it. Which more lies.

They always make sure clients and caregivershave a good quality relationship. All staff and co workers I have met are great people.

Great people and Company, they check in with clients and staff concerns to ensure all their needs are being met. NOT Companys control or fault, but its Not a real reliable / regular schedule, guaranteed hrs. Clients get healthy, move, go into hospital, ect. So your schedule can change alot. Big benefit if you want to choose the days you want to work. No real advancement without further education schooled courses, updates or experience. These

Pros

Pick your days/ schedule. Always make sure staff and client get along.

Cons

No guaranteed hrs, no Benefits. No real contact with co workers, sometimes information does not get passed on to all channels.to all

No incentives

They pay you the lowest wage possible and send you to places that they haven’t even thoroughly checked out themselves. So full of surprises. You get no benefits get no incentives they argue with you most of the time to pay for gas mileage.

My experience working in Delta

I started as a caregiver with amazing support from day one. I was then able to advance my career and move into a supervisory role. I love my job! We have amazing support; guidelines; and the culture is genuine and all about making a difference. For our clients and for staff

Pros

Flexibility

A work in progress

Small office staff, always changing management positions. One never knows who they will talk to when information is required or needed. Directions are sometimes unclear.

Pros

you agree to your own hours

Cons

hours are not quaranteed

The worst

I hope that you will not go there. I worked there for a while and it hasn’t gotten any better. At first you are told that you can be casual, then they call you and tell you “well if you don’t commit 20 hrs a week you might as well quit”. Terrible communication with the superior staff. Did you have a full time client that you relied on? Oh well, he cancelled the service, you don’t have the same hours anymore! Forget about benefits because you will never get the full time hours. NND will send you to the most terrible, dirty, unsafe, disgusting places. All they care about is money. Did you only expect to come for an 8 hour overnight shift? Well, prepare yourself that very often the morning caregiver won’t show up. Guess what! You can’t leave the client alone. How long you need to wait? Well, once my friend waited 18 hours till they found a morning caregiver replacement. And caregivers who don’t show up, I don’t blame them. Because they get paid so little and get treated terribly. You wanna try it out yourself?

Nurse Next Door Burnaby

I had a pleasure and privilege of working with two amazing women bosses that own Nurse Next Door in Burnaby , great leaders, amazing support at any time of the day or night, leading by example , creating a great working environment, helping the team to grow on professional and personal level. I really cant say enough of how amazing and great they are. I miss them dearly every day. NND Burnaby rocks!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nurse Next Door Home Care Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement