Nurse Next Door Home Care Services

Nurse Next Door Home Care Services: 197 Employee Reviews

Canada197 reviews

nurseclientdoorcaregivercareshiftflexiblestaff

Review

I received good experience as a new HCA. I worked with clients who required 24 hour care so I was able to do a mix of different things which allowed me to develop my skills are an HCA

Pros

I obtained great home care experience

Cons

People not showing up for shifts or people showing up late for shifts

Management is great. Hours are picked up not assigned

The management is wonderful here, they care about their staff and they're always very accommodating to what you need. Hours are pick up based, you choose your own schedule. This is more of a supplemental job, for extra income. So if you're looking for full time work, this might not be for you. They always try to pair you with a client who they feel you'd do good with. Cant recommend this company enough.

Insights into Nurse Next Door Home Care Services

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

I enjoy working for nurse next door

I have a few things that i would like to see nurse next door do for care giver.First of all they don't pay very well Next they don't py the extra $3.00Per hour that the government give.Also nurse next door don't acknowledge and compensate for your gas and mileage for your car.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Always have problems with the Alayacare app and wagepoint

So not recommend

This is a private home care company. They have No benefits to offer staff.Schedule changes all the time. Clients get charged for hours that staff aren’t there sometimes.

Good place to work if you are looking for a casual position

I love working with seniors, so I enjoyed my work. Most times you don't get enough hours and some days no hour at all. You drive round the city and they do not pay for mileage.

Pros

Working to pay bill

Cons

No benefits, no bonus and no mileage payment

Great Clients and Management

Best clients. Supportive management team. You get to work with so many valuable clients with different backgrounds who are very diverse in their needs. Shifts are well scheduled and lots of hours!

Pros

Amazing clients

Cons

No benefits

Very clicky and staff are out for themselves

The company culture used to be good so I understand. But it was already breaking down when I joined and steadily got worse. You pay a premium for the home support services that NND provides and it was quickly clear to me that the customer doesn't really get value for money. Which is a real pity, NND isn't that bad a place to work, a few tweaks to the management, a little less corporate thinking and a lot more heart and it would essentially be a great place to work. Things the way they are though, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Wonderful Work Environment

Wonderful work environment and place to grow and learn. Supportive of work and home life balance. Proper medical equipment is always provided, and training prior to going into a clients home

okayish

unfortunately, Alberta doesn't care about home care workers. You get no breaks, no paid overtime, and no, or poor raises. the company doesnt care to help with this, they just follow the care minimum rules.

Pros

good clients

Cons

no overtime pay, no breaks, poor schedule

Great company!

Great colleagues, management & support staff. Employees are fun to be around. The pay could be better. Owners of company are very involved and truly care about their employees.

They don’t offer you a real job

The company has a policy to offer casual on call jobs ONLY, but you actually work as a regular part or full time employee. You have all the responsibilities of full time employee but with no benefits, training or paid holidays.It’s good as a step job or to make some extra money, but I don’t recommend it as a primary source of income (as you have no guarantees).

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

No guarantees or benefits

Good working environment

Enjoyed working for this company, but payment could be better. They offer flexible work balance, and good communication with management. It's a nice place to work.

It’s nice place to work, but not enough hours

It’s nice place to work but you don’t get call to work they don’t have enough jobs to go round.But the management are very nice and supportive , but you can not relying on this job.

Pros

Very nice management

Cons

No hours

Great for casual work!

In my opinion this job is very good as part-time/casual work. The hours are flexible and varies depending on the amount of visits you are open to take. The managers are very nice and understanding!

Fine Workplace for Caregiving!

Working at Nurse Next Door was a fine experience, the staff were mostly accommodating, the only problem was not having much control over your scheduling

Great place to start as HCA

Good Administration, Professional, reliable Awesome! I would recommend my friends who work in the same field because They can learn how to work as a team.

Flexible Scheduling

Flexible with scheduling. Positive work environment. Each new client visit you meet with a nurse and introduced to ensure expectations are met and you are clear on your duties. Very professional!

Pros

Flexible work schedule, excellent communication. Excellent pay.

Cons

Not always consistent work

The management is very poor.

Poor management staff and low income. Cancel the shifts anytime without letting the employee know and can call anytime. No work and personal life balance.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Poor management Low salaries Can cancel the shifts anytime without letting the employee know.

There so professional

I have learned a lot of skills with nurse next door and the management is quite friendly ,i also learned time management always thy check on you if you are on time with your clients

Cons

Long hours and low pay. If you have ideas that might help you’re labeled a trouble maker.

There is a lot of talk about values but it’s all talk. It’s like the managers think it’s high school with all the drama and not allowing anyone to sit at their table.

Pros

Some Cool people

Cons

How everything is managed

Flexible fun company

Working either Nursenextdoor you get to explore, you get paid travel time and mileage. The HR check up on you to see if you’re good or need anything. I love my company.

Pros

Paid travel and mileage

Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nurse Next Door Home Care Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement