Nurse Next Door Employee Reviews

typical day at work
Care Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 May 2018
Since there was no way of advancement in my position it seemed like a dead end. The management had a very high turnover rate so it was hard to get any help ever. The only good thing was the benefit package.
Okay
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 April 2018
Poor delegation of clients, not enough attention paid to the clients needs and the nurse provided.

Not multiple occasions paired with clients twice to three times my size , non verbal and violent and expected to manage alone
To build trust?
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC2 April 2018
Was hired here in a nursing role, but was offered a two way contract, one being an HCA and the other a nurse. I said I wasn’t interested in working as an HCA unless they were short staffed. They informed me they were desperately short and needed more care staff. That being said, if I were to work as an HCA I’d be getting paid as an HCA, not as a nurse, which is standard practice. When I raised concern over this she told me I needed to build trust and confidence with the schedulers first. I left. My only regret is that this happened after I sat through their orientation for free.
Pros
You get unpaid orientation...oh wait pros...no. none.
Cons
Ethics, pay, communication and reliability
good working environment
Home Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 March 2018
working with nurse next door means feeling working in your own business, feel job secured , have an awesome stuffs and friendly
thus why I have working with NND this much amount of years
Great Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2018
Management is kind, caring, and encourages growth! You have to work hard and good things will come to you. The team is great and everyone is positive.
Unhappy workplace
Care coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC5 March 2018
Unhappy workplace!! I have never in my life experienced so much discusting bad talking about “you name it stuff”. There are wonferful caregivers working, but nobody seems to appreciate them..or maybe yes, if they are willing to work between 7am-9pm and can work 2 hour shifts when needed. If/when caregivers call themselves sick, they are liars.
Micromanaging owners who aren’t on the same page. No flexibility towards staff, but staff has to be flexible. This office is understaffed and overworked. They sell it as a challenging job. It means you get $17/hour &are so busy you can barely use the washroom! Job itself not challenging. It will start repeating itself fairly quickly. Apply if you want to be constantly answering the phone.
People resigning, and no wonder.
Pros
Days repeat themselves
Cons
Too many
Extremely poor company.
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 February 2018
The WORST company ever, the management in my cares about how much they can take home and make sure there life is well taken care of! It's about how the owners can make there fancy car payments and house payments! The pay is absolutely horrible and the working conditions are so brutal! All if the directors and board members think they own the company and they the don't it's a franchised company!! WORST PLACE EVER!!!
Pros
Cons
omg way to long to list!
Poor pay
Director of Nursing/Care Designer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 February 2018
This company has great values but depending on the franchise owner that you're working with it's not worth the hassle no work-life balance long hours when you're being paid peanuts psws make more more than you with the hours that you end up working
Pros
Can't think of any
Amazing company
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON11 February 2018
Hi everyone, I currently work for nurse next door and I couldn't be happier to say I love this job.
The owners for etobicoke franchise are quite amazing people they really do care about their clients and staff.
Never in my life did I have such a wonderful job like this one. This job is really rewarding
Depends on which franchise
Care Designer/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, Canada6 January 2018
Each person experience will depend on which franchise they work for. Some owners are wonderful and great to work for. Other owners are deplorable to work for and have done a great deal of damage in their own area.

Want to know more about Nurse Next Door?

Ask a question
a typical work day
License practical nurse (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 January 2018
I have learn dressing change using Profore lite wrap and how to do dressing on different type of wound by wound care nurse, having to pick up important changes in client situation and report to my supervisor and family that prevent patient from admitting to hospital, i do enjoyed team work with this company The team work is holistic and lot of collaborative work. I do work with some lovely client and family. I do like to see when the client needs are met they are happy, for example after implementing those learning for wound care and to see complete healing of that particular wound. I have gotten a lot of support from my manager that help to make work easier. The hardest part of the job was not to be able to meet the needs of the clients whenever they pass away and do have to shed tears at times.
Get together Party
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC25 December 2017
During my period of work with Nurse Next Door, I enjoyed every bit of the health care services provided to the clients. It was fun, experienced and very skilled health care services were rendered to the clients, and clients and clients relatives were satisfied with the care provided.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
16 hours
Productive and fun to work
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON25 December 2017
Good friendly staff. and helpful. Salary not much and no benefit. I work 40 hours a week still I am considered as casual. An enjoyable experience as part of the team as well as working individually.
flexible work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 December 2017
-self paced work environment;
-I learned independence at work;
-the hardest part of the job is to work on your own;
-the most enjoyable part of the job is to work on your own pace.
Feels like family
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 November 2017
I am given enough time to provide quality care to my patients, clear care plans and direction. Managements keeps in touch with surveys, videos, emails and calls.They work around your availability and care about their employees
Pros
friendly
Cons
consistency of hours
Do not work here!!!
care services (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 November 2017
If you would like to witness favoritism,greediness,closed door meetings where sneakiness and disgusting behavior takes place then this is the place for you! The unqualified MGMT team cares about making themselves money and side projects. The focus is not on the staff or clients its about the unqualified MGMT team and their egos If you want long hours where you give 100% and its never enough then APPLY HERE! wages are very poor and room for advancement is non existent unless you are one of the choose few.The owners preach core values but never put them into action. This was the worst work experience of my entire working career. The only plus I see is some of the other employees who all see the same thing and will move on before to long to better things
Pros
Cons
unappreciated, long hours, poor pay to much to list
Micromanaging owners
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC6 November 2017
To much tension and stress.
Owners not on the same page.
Micromanaging
Fellow employees are kind
To many closed door meetings
One employee talking about other employees and whispering with the owners.
Management show favoritism
Nice clients, bad management
RCA (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC31 August 2017
After working for them for two years, no raise no improvement in employment. Worked 5/24 hrs and sometime not a single day off in a month. Bad communication skills no pay stubs
This is a fulfilling place to work! Making lives happier!
Manager/Owner (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 August 2017
I have worked for Nurse Next Door for the last 6 months and have been very satisfied to see how everyone will go the extra mile to find a better way to allow seniors to stay in their own home. Finding the perfect match for every client and making sure their needs are met and their dreams come true. To do the things that they thought was not possible again.
Pros
Working with many new clients every week
Love working for this company
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Georgian Bay, ON28 July 2017
I`ve been with NND for just over a year. Management is fantastic, great to deal with, very personable, she truly cares about her staff. The most enjoyable part would be getting to spend time with the clients and not be rushed when doing things with them. Very positive company to work for.
Pros
Positive atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nurse Next Door. Our community is ready to answer.