Nurse Next Door

Nurse Next Door Employee Reviews

Canada141 reviews
Great company
Nurse next door staff were wonderful. They were friendly and helpful. You have more time with the clients than other home care jobs which is nice. The pay was less than most Licensed Practical Nurse Jobs.
Great company
I can't express how wonderful it is to work for them.
The clients are delightful.

The staff are willing to work with you for a solution for any problem. They are very flexible.

I haven't enjoyed another of jobs but this job and company I love.
Poorly run
They lie about what they are offering so you except the job then they back door you into Legal contracts. Communication was poor and didn’t receive enough shifts and half the ones that I did get would get taken away since they didn’t want to pay anyone. I ended up spending more money in the process and returning everything to them than I ever made. Save yourself the trouble work for a better business
Pros
Easy to get hired
Cons
Poorly run
Nurse Next Door
At Nurse Next Door was really good woking with team members. it was friendly environment, we all got along. What I appreciate the most about my boss that he really tried for me to have great work ethics and to work efficiently with out mistakes. if it meant to slow my work down but to do it properly. He never gave up on me he always had a solution for me to do better and how to fix my mistakes. I really enjoyed working with my boss and coworkers. i had really good memories there.
Caregiver Nanaimo
The best thing about working for Nurse Next Door was that they worked with me on a schedule that fit in with my other job. Management was very kind and listened if I had a concern. There was a lot of travelling to see clients and the majority of offers I received were too far away from my home and not worthwhile to do a short shift. If you live closer to a larger centre, there is more work.
It’s alright
The staff are nice, but communication is nonexistent and they don’t train you first and barely give you any information before seeing a client. They have care plans for each client, but they are very vague and usually have a lot of wrong information on them.
The most supportive management ever
The management team is very supportive and understanding. Quite flexible and has a good system for how you get to your shifts and such. I never felt pushed or stressed about the shifts given or offered.
Best place to work.
This is an amazing company and their management is very good. I worked with them for more than 1 year and had not issues at all. Their management staff is very polite and co-operative. Glad to work with them.
good company to work for
Good company to work for, enough hours, flexible schedule, the management is good. overall, my experience with this company was great. I will recommend
Busy Homecare
A typical day at Nurse Next Door involved care for patients with a variety of abilities. Duties included personal care, home visits, meal preparation and wellness checks.
Supportive management
Flexible hours
24/7 support

Team collaboration

Clear care plans

Easy interview questions

LPN supervises care, on-call night and weekends,

Regular updates from office
Toxic workplace
Work is very challenging.
No career growth, learning, and development not unless you are close to the management.

You may have to work 12 hours and breaks are not encouraged.

You will be working with some good people but all of them already left.

Pay is enough for the job required.

The manager is not supportive and not equipped enough to handle the role.
I didn't enjoy working here
They will force you to be at work even you're not feeling well, 80% of the management is only good in front of you and talks behind your back when you're not around.
Literal worst place for a HCA
Do not let this company take advantage of you. They pay the lowest wages, no pay raises no matter how well you do your job. They don't have benefits, they don't acknowledge the over time laws. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I got to take care of.
Good
I like with them they are get people they treat us very nice . If we have a problem they take care of it as soon as they can they girls make u feel like family and all my client I had so far have been nice and I had good experiences
Supportive and positive office
I've worked with this company for almost six years. I have felt valued and appreciated. They have provided me with a multitude of different scenarios which have been both stimulating and rewarding. I've had many opportunities to draw from my formal RN training in order to problem solve and ths has been advantageous on many an occasion.
I don’t recommend
Ownee Manager of Kamloops location is rude and treats staff like a number.
If you try to talk about a concern you are blown off.

Doesn’t pay competitive wages or even care too.

Nurse next doors company core values are amazing but owner/ manager of Kamloops location doesn’t apply the core values to staff.
Great Company to start with
Nurse Next Door is a company which is very flexible with your schedule, but I wished that I lived near at the main office so I can accept all the offers that they send to me without traveling too far, no matter what the weather condition is...
Got permanent shift and great and quick answer from management.
It’s a fun job with guaranteed hours and permanent schedule to play with client and and quick answerable coordinator to resolve the problem at any time. (Dakota).
A good work experience. Able to choose own schedule
Management team is supportive and accessible. Poor scheduling can be frustrating. It takes time to build regular clientele, so very staggered hours initially.
Pros
Choosing availability
Cons
Poor scheduling
Lots of opportunity to experience different types of nursing from palliative,to charge nurse at long term care,Biometric Clinics and postoperative home are.