Nuna Logistics

Nuna Logistics: 76 Employee Reviews

Canada76 reviews

campsafetyequipmentweekgoodexperiencecompanyemployee

Good group of workers

Wages should be more in line to keep up with the market , accommodations were great, work environment was not stressful, didn’t know when you would be laid off.

Family oriented

Good place to work friendly people bosses are easy going try to always accommodate you equipment is kept in good working order usually most camps are not to bad to stay at food is your own opinion lol

Pros

Supply ppe

Insights into Nuna Logistics

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Great place good people

Ozzsome out fit loved working for them always a new challenge payed good treated me great would go back to them anytime if they had long term work would recommend them to anyone how don’t mind working away from home

Great coworker’s

Great company to work for I would just like to see better wages. My coworkers are great to work with and very helpful and likes to to have a lil fun to make time go a lil faster.

Good work place

It was a good work environment. Most staff are pleasant to deal with. They make you feel very welcomed, communication could be better but that comes with every job.

Deteriorating work environment.

Management does not appreciate their employees unless at senior positions. Very much a dissociative work environment. Poor communications at all managerial levels.

Productive fun place to work lots of overtime

Good company to work your way up start laboring move up to heavy equipment Operator lots of work hours lots of different projects good crews some good foremans

Pros

Travel

Cons

Long flights

Nuna may not deserve the bad rap.

It was often expressed to me, by multiple employees, that Nuna Logistics is an amazing company to work for. Unfortunately you would never know that to be true if newly hired on the Timmins Project. Reason being is the hostile joint venture with North American. If you’re hired by Nuna as an operator, foreman, gf, superintendant, in operations or maintenance department, and if sent to Cote Gold, know that you’ll be actually working for North American, and under North Americans brutally ancient and toxic culture.

Pros

The long term Nuna employees, who bring sanity to the insanity of the NANJV culture

Cons

North American

Great company to work for. Would work for them again.

Great company to work for. Would work for them again........pay was great. The supervisor was great. I had a great experience with the work we were doing.

Big teams

Has a supervisor they had a great crew to work for and with. They have many friendly staff member. Very good gear for operators and great mechanics.

Poor supervision and very Hazardous

The supervisors and management are very uneducated. The company has many rules and regulations but management does not follow the rules. The company hires an abundant amount of employees, then dismiss the ones they don't require before probation is completed.

I worked for Nuna for 7 years as Mechanic

I took a temporary job with Nuna for 3 months in 2011 and liked it so I stayed on until 2018 This was a great job and the people were great. I have nothing bad to say about this company. Nuna had the same values I had in regards to training the local people. If your thinking of hiring on do it there great people.

Pros

Great people

Avoid Cote

Had amazing experiences in the North(nunavut and NWT) but transferred to COTE(Timmins area) and all I can say.. AVOID COTE AT ALL COST. Horrible money for “Mine” environment. No travel time included. Takes a day and a half to get home sometimes. Send people back to camp with only 4hours pay because they don’t have enough work, even though they are continually bringing in more operators to fill beds at camp so they don’t loose them. Most of the supervisory team think they are gods and have no respect or professionalism for employees. Just a number and meat in the seat. No room for advancement.

Disorganized and the company/supervisors have there “favorites”

Worked for NUNA at Cote Gold mine for five weeks. I did my job to the fullest extent of my ability. Other employees were helpful in teaching me the layout if the site. On the last day of my las rotation I was called to the superintendents pickup truck in the parking lot and handed termination papers. I was terminated without cause and given no explanation whatsoever. They now have a labourer doing my job at labourer rates and I am sitting at home ineligible for employment insurance because I was “terminated” not a food place to work

Great camaraderie and team building , excellent safety culture and perseverance with advancement and training

Nuna logistics is a terrific employer who backs their employees that show commitment and are dedicated to get the job completed that is required by the client

Pros

Great advancement opportunities dependent upon experience and job performance

Fun and productive

Liked working with Nuna . Everyone was so helpful and we work good as a team. The supervisors were great .. easy to talked too. Made the job very easy and helpful.

Undecided

I enjoyed what I was doing, but what I dislike is that they play favouritism which is very noticeable. It’s can very discouraging and frustrating . I am not a fan of the give a wow program as people who truly should be recognized are NOT and it’s always the same favourites People should all be treated the same with nospecial treatment or privileges.

Amazing Employees, Disappointing Management

When I started with Nuna, I was welcomed with arms wide open! The job was fast paced and exciting! My team was great! Friendly, positive, collaborative and I was very happy. Unfortunately after my 6-8 months of tenure, I started to see the toxic traits exhibited by particular team members and managers. The manager responsible for the team did not provide support or discipline when it was truly necessary. Although I loved my job, the "drama" made it an uncomfortable environment to succeed in. There was too much gossip between the department manager and team members which played a huge impact on my success with the company which caused me to resign from my role. I loved the company, the experiences they gave me and the incredible employees who work at the job sites giving their all every day. This is a company I would love to be involved with again should the circumstances be different in the particular department.

Productive and with recreational activities.

Having employed on Nuna Logistics,is a great experience for me. I feel cool and relaxed no pressure and stress. And they always prioritize workers safety. And they provide worker's accomodation in good condition . And I can say that workers have great meal too.

Not very organized

Missed out on weeks of work without any notice. I took the job because it was 14/14 rotation but when I was asked to work 14/7 and I denied my upcoming rotation was pushed back a week without any notice. I left full time employment to and up not having a pay for 30 days due to the mismanagement

Pros

Zero

Cons

Not very organized

Terrible owners

Before they sold the company it was a great place to work. Now they dont care about the employees at all. They didnt even tell my manager that he was loosing 3 of his 7 team members that day. People worked there for decsdes and oncevthen had an opportunity tl toss them out then fidnt hesitate.

Pros

Like we got paid so that was nice

Cons

litterly everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nuna Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement