Nuna Logistics Limited Employee Reviews

It was a very good atmosphere learned a lot about working in the north
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Ekati,misery,hope bay6 May 2018
I met a lot of good people, worked more than most people I think due to my experience done a lot of different things from running loader to hauling equipment,lots of different opertunities
Pros
It was an adventure
Cons
Some camps weren't as good as they could have been
Good Place
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  North west territories24 March 2018
14 on 14 off. Excellent co workers. Good tooling and equipment. Highly recommended. Good management very helpfully and understanding. Would go back any time.
Pros
Camp shift
Cons
Cold winters lol
work
Multi operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2018
very good company to work for. Good hrs Good bosses. Good human resources people. good pay. good days off. cant complain. travelling is good , exciting places to go up in the arctic to see.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Good company to work for
Multipurpose Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2018
Excellent people including staff and employees. Never a problem flying in or out of work. Good benifits and salary. Any concerns you could phone the company and discuss your needs
Grate
Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Hope Bay, NU6 January 2018
I like the company to work but not enough jobs need more job advertising and more jobs.always have the right ppe,grate safety training. Grate environment to work around positive.
Pros
Grate brakefest lunch supper
Cons
Perfect hours
Short term posting
Trainer/Assessor (Current Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK19 December 2017
Most employees will find that 90% of these positions will require you to work a length of time, that will be from 1 week to 9 months. At which time you removed from the work while you are on days off and your belongs will be shipped home at that time.
Leanred lots about safety and team work
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT28 November 2017
Always something different to do everyday, great people to work with.
learned a lot at Nuna logistics and I hope I work there again in the future. It was a great opportunity.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Away from family
Nuna
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  NWT at Ekati Diamond Mine30 October 2017
I enjoyed working with nuna . They are agood company to work for. The Pay is not too bad and is allways on time.They just don't have enough work right now.
Okay if you were looking for rotational work
Equipment trainer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2017
Enjoyed working in different environments different toss meeting new people but the downside to it is that you leave your family behind for a couple of weeks every every rotation and do you miss out on things with family all in all if you like the rotational work they are good company to work for
Pros
Rotational work
Cons
Being away from family
Nuna was a good company to work for
Safety Consultant (Former Employee) –  Iqaluit, NU13 October 2017
At the time Nuna was doing some very dangerous safety no no's. I spoke up to prevent incidents which after I left did happen. they did terminate the main person who was responsible for the improper acts. And have a great safety manger now, would definitely go back for a contract there.
Love to renew friendship every season
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  North West Territories3 October 2017
This is a seasonal Job (Jan to Mar) I have a total of over 8 season on this winter road. Love the day to day challenge and co-workers. The management is helpful. The weather is extreme. Hardest part is freight delivery at the mercy of the weather.
Pros
Safety Bonus
Cons
Flight Delay
Run as far as you can
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 June 2017
Incompetent cowboys in leadership positions that promote unsafe behaviour and you need to suck up to get anywhere.... not worth the time!
The only good thing .... for some reason the have really good people on the tools.
Pros
Good people on the tools
Cons
Everything else
unorganized Construction services company
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 June 2017
The project managers here are the worst. They have 0 idea whats going on. They dont even have site drawings. What a joke. The hire and fire staff from site all the time. Why not just transfer existing staff to new projects?
Fly in fly out with accommodation
Civil Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 June 2017
Short projects
Lots of travel
Interesting and educating
Good pay
Lots of turnover

Dependable when needing work always open for me to return anytime back to work
Relief for staff on vacation
On Site Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Northwest Territories24 April 2017
Was provided the opportunity to provide relief for permanent employees going on vacation. Ran fuel truck, on call for mechanical repairs. Management was supportive, and have always thrives on working in remote areas.
No one knows nothing
Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT19 July 2016
Strange place to be. No one knows nothing and jus pass it on the next person. Inuit company with inuits only at the bottom of the totem pole.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Poor management
not bad at all
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  nwt22 April 2016
busy busy work days, shifts can be a lil better so can the benefits, etc. also not to stabile of employment but good people good company. for sure.
Unorganized and in the past.
Equipment leader (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT5 April 2016
This company had everything backward. I was hired, directed and planed out scheduled. But when this plan was put into action, none of it was what they told me originally. I was instructed I would be operating a grader maintaining ice roads and flown into camp, operating day shift after receiving my orientation. Flight took 2.5 hours, and drive took over 13 hours after that, so after landing and driving over 13 hours to camp, foreman pressured me into working the same night I arrived. I explained to the foreman that wasn't a safe idea due to the fact of traveling for more then 15 hours with no rest, the foremans response was that everyone did It, everyone travelled to work for 14 hours then worked a 12 hour night shift. I told the foreman no! After he tried guilting me into it 3 times and me saying no 3 times, they told me they had nothing for me and were going to fly me out. I refused unsafe work, so they sent me back home?!?! Saying they had nothing for me?!? Why hire anyone if your going to have leaders that will break the law to meet production? Or cut corners by not orientating people before work is to commence. This place had little to no management in their supervisors. It is not a place I would go back to without safety in writing first. Once I got home then they told me I quit?!? I did not quit, I did what I have skill in. I was obligated to refuse unsafe work. They asked me to commute for 15 hours, then work 12 hours at the same night in a place I have never been before, operating a plow truck on thin ice with no medics or ambulance In the area. Needless to say, driving  more... over thin ice can be nerve racking on its own but doing it in the dark, with no way out of the work area other then driving, and our entire work force is building the ice roads. This process is a disaster waiting to happen, the question I had the first day up there, was how many lost their lives up there for the gold and diamonds, just to build the road in every year. It's a experience I will never go back to, I've been in construction for 38 years, and these guys don't believe in safety at all.  less
Pros
There were none
Cons
They have no safety policies and procedures enforced
excellentant company to work for
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ontario, MB, East Coast17 November 2015
Contact Engineering companies, Mining, Construction

Products are very innovative and beneficial to the industry
Enjoy the customer base and staff.
Driven, Passionate about people and getting them home to families safely
Environment, Health and Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2014
The role was a 'ground up creation'. Previous to my arrival the company was a small to mid level construction company with very little EHS exposure. Company realized to get better, more work their safety program including health management, hygiene and safety management required a lot of work.

From a 3.9 TRIF down to a 1.8 in less than 3 years showed desire and want to get better.

With several 'major' program creations, upper management support and desire to succeed the company was driven to adopt and utilize programs such as Drug and Alcohol, Return to work, Risk Management including better inspection protocols, including operating procedures, maintenance and mechanical procedures, Risk assessments and Task specific hazards assessments to the ground personnel accepting change that included field level risk assessments, safety observations on peers and equipment to quantifying leading indicators and the recognition of how important they are to an overall EHS program! Additionally the desire to remove personnel who were holding up change made the road to its success less bumpy.

Co-workers were one dimensional, focused only on their departments. This slowly changed but made work environments difficult at times.

Most enjoyable part is watching the plan come together, everything newly developed and implemented is working as designed and seeing how the workers responded to the consistent yet very transparent program coming together.

There was noting hard about the job. Always challenging and very dynamic. I never signed up for boring, I signed up to progress
  more... the company into something they did not even know they wanted until it was there.

Love the job, enjoy the company, the company will be successful if certain road blocks are removed.
Pros
Smaller company, making decisions easier, less buracracy, got to know everyone, even at site level
Cons
lack of good solid leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nuna Logistics Limited. Our community is ready to answer.