Nujen Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 January 2019
I was sad to leave, they were really fun to work with. I had to move back to Saskatchewan. The field people were great to be with everyday. Management took time to get to know you.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Mmm, can’t think of any.
Enhancing Industry Culture
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Edmonton31 January 2019
Right from the interview I could tell that this was a different kind of company.
Nujen does not operate like your typical small business, they are willing to invest time and resources in things that most small businesses (and some large corporations) will deem unnecessary in efforts to save money for the short term. At Nujen everything is done for the benefit of the long term.
They use a structured management plan that is shared with all employees and are transparent with both staff and customers & vendors. I have never worked for such an honest company before, which can of course cause issues when speaking with others in the industry since they are not used to being told the truth straight to their face. The core focus is “committed to enhancing industry culture” and I feel that is what we are actually doing. Those uncomfortable conversations build a different sort of relationship with the people we work with and slowly they see that it can be done this way. I feel so proud to be working for a company that will help to improve the construction industry for the better.
This is why I think Nujen is a great place to work, because their core values and focus are not just words on the wall - all though they are up on the wall :) – they actually live here.
Also, management is easy to approach and you can speak freely (honesty again!) without fear of reprimand. We even have regular meetings where the point is to give feedback to your manager on how well they are serving you. Suggestions actually lead to change.
Smaller company trending up!
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2019
Owners are nice, very approachable, and understanding.
Management welcomes outside opinions/ideas regarding a job or task because their goals are to make sure the job runs smoothly and efficiently. At Nujen, communication is key.
Having everyone strive towards the same goals while making them feel included is very important to upper management.
At Nujen, the status quo isn't good enough. The ambition to learn more efficient ways of doing things is encouraged to not only help grow client relationships but to help grow the company and their projects.
Pros
Owners care, you're not considered a number.
Cons
Smaller jobs
16 February 2019

Thank you for your kind comments, our culture is very important and Communication is one of our Core Competencies.

As for the the smaller jobs, it is our focus over the next year to significantly increase the average size of our projects.

Thanks again for the review!

~ NujeN

Friendly, open and helpful atmosphere
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2019
Since starting with Nujen, it has been a fast paced & challenging opportunity. Sometimes a lot is thrown at you, but I've learned so much and grown thanks to it. Nujen has provided the support I've needed as an employee with opportunities to advance & educate myself as a person and employee, even though they are a smaller company. The management team cares about their employees and is constantly striving to serve both clients and employees better; at least this is what I've witnessed since starting with them. Communication is very important, no idea brought to the table has been seen as a bad one because collaboration & working together seems to be very important to everyone here. Whenever I've had an issue, my supervisor is quick to have my back and resolve issues fairly, I appreciate her so much. If you're considering working with Nujen, I encourage you to examine that culture is more important than size & the culture that Nujen is pushing towards is one you'll want to be apart of.
A big thing that I have learned in past experiences is that companies of any size can have a lot of disconnect or separation between employees of different stature, or in the case of Nujen - field & office employees; however Nujen is dedicated to improving and being a part of something bigger, together!
Pros
Strong Management, Social Committee
Cons
Sometimes Challenging
16 February 2019

A very well worded review, there are a lot of things to consider when writing a review and it looks like you put some time into this one, thank you.

There is no doubt, NujeN is not for the meek at heart! We all work to make a difference in our industry and each other and that can be challenging.

~ NujeN

Great small company to work for
Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2019
This company in my experience has your back in the good and the bad.ive worked for companies that throw you under the bus quite quickly, but here they fight for you. They also like to show their employees that they appreciate them through their actions.
Pros
Smaller company so not just a number
Cons
Usually outside hires for high promotions
Great group of employee's!
Estimator/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2019
Nujen has put together a great group of people that are easy to talk to whether they are in a management/ownership position or a field position. This has helped foster a healthy work relationship between everyone in the company
Pros
Employees
Progressive
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2019
This company provides a lot and expects a lot. If you pull your weight and contribute to the greater success of everyone you are acknowledged for it, if you don’t you won’t make it. There is a lot of accountability for everyone’s success. There a monthly activities for field staff and quarterly events for team building. This is not a laid back boring job and it’s awesome.
Pros
Tool, training and uniform allowances
Growing & Constantly Improving Company
Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 June 2018
Nujen is a great company to work for. The owners are personable and approachable. This company is growing and provides support to help you grow with it. The culture is friendly and all about how we can get better individually and as a team. With every carefully selected new team member the company is getting better everyday. The hardest part of the job is learning the new responsibilities. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning more about the business side of the mechanical industry.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Smaller Company
Going Places
Sales (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 May 2018
The thing I really appreciate about NujeN is its desire to constantly look to improve things. They are always asking questions and looking for feedback and ideas from everyone.
Pros
Easy to talk with management
30 January 2019

Thank you for your comments! One of our values is Leaders in Forward Thinking and your comments show we are heading in the right direction!

Nicest boss Ive ever had
Plumber/Gasfitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 April 2016
Nice owner, but hours are banked at 1:1, no shift premium for out of town work or nights unfortunately. All in all i would recommend working for this employer.
Pros
Free work clothes.
Cons
Paid monthly
16 February 2019

Thank you for your comments!

Some things have changed since 2016 (we listen!!) we have since gone to biweekly pay, we use HWAA where we can and pay overtime out when we cannot, we have out of town and night shift premiums as well.

This has helped our employees be compensated for going the extra effort and has helped provide a better service to our clients. a win, win!