Nucor

Nucor Employee Reviews

I worked here for about a month. I mostly just put on my haz suit and swept up hazardous debris. It was pretty typical for a trades worksite, and some of the foremans were nice.
Nucor is a great company to work for, they are very fair and accommodating and treat their employees very well! I would highly recommend wIrk for this company
Asbestos work usually occurs in the spring and summer months so be prepared to work in very hot conditions well-doing hard labor work. Management is okay they will tell you what to do but won't tell you what you are doing wrong.
employees and management are great. great benefits, great work/life balance. the company treats you fairly and provides you with a safe place to work.
Supervisor was horrible she was all about her personal life and provided horrible training. She would tell you to do something one way then get mad at you and say your were doing it wrong.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Terrible company to work for.. expect you to work after hours in management positions with no extra pay.. required to have a work phone 24/7 with no extra pay. They never upgrade equipment and barely maintain very very old equipment. No trust.. asked multiple times for safety measures to be put in place and then terminated after morethen 2 decades for not having the safety measures in place. Cant trust anyone, employees regularly complain behind your backs.. terrible experience and a waste of a huge part of my life!
I would recommend this company without hesitation.they are a friendly family oriented company. With jobs all over the country from the east coast to the west coast.
Some foremans are not properly educated. Somewhat unorganized. Difficult to get a raise or move up within the company. Too much drama at work. At least we were getting 40 hours a week but after summer, hours will reduce unless you are good at sucking manager’s you know what. I tried to get certified but it’s almost impossible to get on the list. No certification means no raise.
Pros
Almost 40hrs a week
Cons
Dumb foremans.
It was a good job just to bad they didnt have enough work for everyone. Everyone works 12 hours and its usually better to work days because all the white hats (supervisors and formans) are on site making sure things get done
good job just never had a drivers license at the time got along well with everyone nice steady work and good pay wasnt a bad job at all just didnt last without a license
Pros
good pay easy work
Cons
need a drivers license
Nucor prides itself on finding teammates that will be dedicated co-workers and long term employees. There are lots of opportunities for those who want to advance their career as it is a large steel products company
Nothing to say at all. There is a good environment work in that company.
Most of the time me and my crew were given the task of scraping floors, but we would also help around the shop by doing delivers or cleaning equipment.
I was in this job for 3 weeks. I had to wear a half mask and a hazmat suit and work with asbestos and chemicals, tearing down drywall and cleaning up. Hard labour, can get really sweaty and hot, working outside is easier. Management is alright as well. Overall didn't mind it that well.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hot and sweaty. unconfortable work environment sometimes
I've been a content Nucor Employee. This is a great place to work - employee empowerment and safety focus is beyond any other steel company. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you realize that your teammates will do what they say and the team will have your back.
The job requires long hours but it does pay fairly well. Good work environment with supportive management who are understandable when you ask for time off. Would recommend working here in a summer position or as a long term career.
Pros
Good managment
Cons
A typical day would involve running safety meetings, leading the crew under me, meeting deadlines. Fast paced environment.
Had a great time. employers were great . all good. this company is very people friendly. the company is always accepting of your personal life.
Pros
fair time
Cons
We learned how to work with all sort of different tools How to set up containments The managment was very good to work with and the co-workers worked good as a team. Working in a hazmat suit was the hardest part of the job
Everyday was a test of patience as the site I worked on had daily breaks and small problems caused by other company's that needed to be fixed. It wasn't a bad thing just constant work which is better then waiting for work. This was a great experience and I enjoyed seeing all the work I put in come to reality and seeing the systems I installed working the way the plans specified. Coworkers made the job even better as the work environment was healthy.
Pros
Coworkers and personal growth
Cons
Far away from where i lived
Buena empresa, solo que al estar en crisis la industria petrolera ya no me volvio a contratar.
Pros
Salario
Cons
Temporal