Nucleus Independent Living Employee Reviews

Not worth the stress
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 February 2019
Terrible place to work. There is a very high turnover of office staff and staff working in the community. Management has no respect for clients or employees. I did not encounter a single client that was happy with the care they received from this company. Office staff will harass you with phone calls at all hours of the night and day, and be extremely rude when speaking to you. Union agreement was regularly violated. They will expect you to work 44+ hours a week as a part time employee (they refuse to hire full time in order to save money). The pay is decent, but certainly not worth it. Office staff is so disorganized and ignorant it's unbelievable. There is much better jobs out there with other companies.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Long hours, rude staff, unrealistic expectations
Productive and fun loving place
Information Technology Specialist - Tier (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 January 2019
• Day-to-day support and maintenance for the client scheduling software system (Campana Systems GoldCare application) including database administration, table set up and maintenance, performance monitoring, problem identification and user assistance.
• Identify and respond to incidents, i.e. qualify impact and urgency, notify responsible team, troubleshoot and apply the fix, escalate to the appropriate team, report incidents etc.
• Respond efficiently and quickly to requested demands on a daily basis
• Accountable for following up and closing tickets
• Maintain accurate inventory records of all Computer Hardware/Software and Smartphone devices

I have learned to be patient and focused under pressure.

The hardest part of the job is working late into the night to solve problems

The most enjoyable part of the job is the three weeks paid vacation.
Pros
Free Lunches once a month.
Cons
Long hours sometimes
just a number not a person
PSW (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON27 August 2018
Management are bullies with expectations that are unreasonable. Staff and clients are just numbers to management and it is their way or the highway. Clients are just as frustrated as staff. Company is unorganized. PSW's are harassed to take extra hours and shifts. Clients are often very far from the last and not enough travel time.
Pros
rate of pay
Cons
everything else
no support or advancement
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 March 2018
no room for advancement, opportunity, low employee morale. Had work work almost 7 days per week and be on call, with no extra pay for this. The culture was not healthy
Independant Care Giver
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON19 September 2017
Great place to work, Great Pay. I wish they were more organized. the clients are way too far apart per run when they have client closer to each other.
Pros
Being Independant
Cons
clients ae from each other
not a bad place to work
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 May 2017
A nice place to gain experience and put your hands on lots of things. pay is not that great and the schedulers can be arrogant sometimes. overall, not a bad company.
Central Registry (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 May 2017
I definately enjoyed my time working here. The salary was much more than i expected and the job itself allows for innovation and personal input. Communication could definately help, but overall, a really relaxed and fun environment to work. Especially in the office.
Pros
Good salary + Benefits, lots of room for trial and error
Cons
disconnect from communication
Very Stressful
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 March 2017
A big turn around in employees due to poor management and very unorganized organization. Unreasonable demands on employees, scheduled hours are changed and you could be expected to work 12-14 hours a day with no monetary compensation.
Cons
easy psw work and decent salary!
psw (Former Employee) –  east mall, etobicoke15 December 2016
Easiest psw job I ever had and good money. Try working in a nursing home you are worked to the bone. I worked at nucleus before you had union. We organized the union there if you are not happy talk to your union steward. Did not have a problem with the managers my van broke down. Advise you to have a new vehicle with warranty!!!
Pros
no bosses breathing over your shoulder
Cons
driving in bad weather
Not a fun place to work
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 December 2016
My overall experience working with this organization was very bad. No communication or transparencies. Very disorganized organization full of power hungry, dishonest, self-centered bullies as managers. If you are looking for career growth and appreciation and job satisfaction, then this isn’t the place for you to work as nobody cares. There is a very high turnover of staffs.
Not productive and not a fun place to work.No career growth.basically u stock.
Attendant care (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON21 September 2016
Looking for where to grow and be appreciated dont work here.i work here for over one year had injury no body cares and when off they get someone else.people quit almost every month and year.
Pros
Uionized
Cons
No hours
very good typical work.training.
Personal Support Worker, Homecare (Former Employee) –  oakville on6 August 2015
good working experience. good team work and support. enjoy working with the client. flexible work schedule. in service training and opportunity to grow.
No communication, no trust and no transparency from senior management
Employer (Former Employee) –  Oakville9 July 2015
Sorry to say I worked with this company and for the past 2 years, walking into work was just like this weight of fatigue was trusted onto me. There is no appreciation from senior management even when you work your heard off or put in over time for something you believe in. If you are passionate about what you do, don't join this company.
Cons
long hours, unappreciation
productive,experience and great people to work with.
Caregiver/Client Coordinator/Outreach Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 May 2015
I have worked for this company for the past four years and I have enjoyed my experience working with different clients. I have had the training at work and feel comfortable referring people to work for this great company.
Pros
Flexible hours and great work enviroment.
Cons
not enough hours.
High Expectations
Supportive Housing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2015
Fast paced environment, must be able to multitask.
Not a one person job. Accuracy is key. Meeting deadlines for constant reporting difficult. The employees all work very hard and are all very passionate about the work they do.
Pros
Clients and staff
Cons
Not enough admin.support to manage effectively
not fun place to work because of some selfish managers
Care / Assessment coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 March 2015
Sorry to say, my overall experience was a bad one. No formal of organization .wickedness dwells in the heart of some managers
Very productive and fun business place to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakvill, ON3 September 2014
Working for healthcare company opened my eyes up to more opporunities for to learn and improve on my skills.
Productive workplce
Program Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 December 2012
I enjoyed working closely with my supervisor as her assistant.