Nuance

Nuance Employee Reviews

Canada47 reviews
home based job
I like the flexibility in my job and that I was able to work from home and so could be there for my kids when needed. I recommend this job for those who are looking for extra income
Enjoyable job. Team members were easy to get along with
I LOVED working at Nuance!! I unfortunately had an accident which resulted in some serious health issues and am better now and plan to apply for any new positions that may arise. Hopefully the right position will come along soon.
Horrible company to work for!!!
Disgusting company to work for. Treat employees like trash. Everyone is disposable. They pay peanuts compared to competitors. And the supervisors tend to be stressed and overworked!
Horrible place to work
Nuance is a horrible place to work.
The rate of pay and the demand that they place on their medical transcriptionists is disgusting. They tell us when we’re hired that we can do part time work, but in reality that is a lie.

In order to make a decent living, you would have to work more than 10 hours per day at a rate of pay that works out to be less than minimum wage.

I will say, however, that my Team Leads and Supervisor were awesome and I learned so much for them. I only hope that they were treated better and compensated better than we (the medical transcriptionists) were.

The only pro to working here was the ability to work from home. Other than that, I definitely do not recommend working at this company.
Not a good company
Worked at Nuance for about a year. Got I’ll for 2 weeks and spoke to my manager. Then they fired the manager and told me that because I didn’t work for the 2 weeks I will no longer have employment with them. No understanding whatsoever
Frustrating and demoralizing experience.
Biggest problem was the many ESL dictators who were next to impossible to understand, leading to very time-consuming reports, leading to very low net income. Even the English-speaking dictators could be so inconsiderate— i.e. mumbling, eating while dictating, dictating sooooo fast that it’s impossible to understand. Seriously, do they not get that there is a human at the end of this process? All this with the pressure to achieve 99% quality rating to get the minuscule bonus. Only bright spot was the team leader who was very fair and supportive.
Flexible Timings
Great place to work and team is so friendly. The hardest part of job is to learn new technologies but even though its challenging yet you will gain experience in working with cutting-edge technologies
Heavy work load, bad pay structure
It was convenient to work from home. However, the pay wasn't good, especially where you need to be certified. Sometimes it would work out to below minimum wage.
Good job for salary supplementation.
This is a good job for supplementing another salary. The pay grid is tough. You have to achieve 100% per week in order to get a decent wage. If you are lucky to get onto an account with easy speaking doctors, you will do fine.
Nuance is a terrible place to work
I began with this company before they were purchased by Nuance. When I was working for Accentus I had regular clients I typed for every day and was making very good money. Once Nuance purchased Accentus, they took away our regulars and put you into a pooling system where it's basically the luck of the draw. I was working three times as many hours for 1/10th of the pay.
Good work to gain experience.
I like the set hours of work but more flexibility would be welcomed. Management provided support. The culture was fine as you work from home. The hardest part of the job is deciphering thick accents in speech, having to reconstruct sentences to make sense as this is very time consuming, and wasting time to look up maps for addresses to confirm spelling, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job is working from home.
loved it
I loved it...I switched jobs but hoping to return to Nuance one day! They are awesome! a lot of support and so much help. You can work anytime as long you meet your requirement for the week.
Pros
Work anytime
Great culture and opportunities for growth
I like the culture at Nuance and freedom to be creative and contribute with your ideas. The Company offers very good benefits and there are many opportunities for growth and learning.
Independent contractor position.
I worked for this company several years ago so cannot comment on the current situation. Found management very encouraging and ready to help. Nice to have interaction with other MTs on my account.
Pros
Good management at the time I was there
Cons
Independent contractor position
Great Company
Flexible hours and amazing location what more can you ask. The culture was enjoyable, though the office was empty on many occasions during the summer months.Employees are taken care of. Only an internship so judgement is limited.
Official response from Nuance
30 July 2018
Thank you for sharing your internship experience with Nuance! It's great to see you enjoyed the culture in our Montreal office.
Worst pay structure ever.
Employee friendly company, management respects and values its staff. They choose good quality professionals to have a healthy work environment. Managers are well trained to deal amicably with staff.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
long hours and worst pay structure you could ever come across.
long periods of time without work!
The issue with nuance is that the work is never guaranteed, so you can go months and months without anything. If it was always available this would be the perfect "on the side" job for a student or artist.
Good Atmosphere
The company has a very nice work life balcance. They have beautiful instalations right at the heart of downton.
Tipically at work you get a list of tickets and management checks daily to see how you are doing.
Good work experience
I really enjoy my work experience at Nuance, I have learnt a lot about technology, practiced my coding and communication skills. People that I have encountered are very nice and always willing to help me.
good company
Enjoying the time in the Nuance, really like the work environment, and people are nice here. People could learn lots of new technical knowledge in the Nuance. The environment is really nice, and it locates in the heart of the Montreal. Everything is close to the company. Enjoying the time here
Awesome
Great company to work with. Flexible hours, great benefits and very helpful colleagues. It's a great company to learn and grow. 4 weeks of vacation is just awesome.