Nuance Employee Reviews

loved it
Medical Transcriptionist at home (Former Employee) –  Home Based11 February 2019
I loved it...I switched jobs but hoping to return to Nuance one day! They are awesome! a lot of support and so much help. You can work anytime as long you meet your requirement for the week.
Pros
Work anytime
Independent contractor position.
Team Lead, Diagnostic Imaging (Former Employee) –  Home Based9 August 2018
I worked for this company several years ago so cannot comment on the current situation. Found management very encouraging and ready to help. Nice to have interaction with other MTs on my account.
Pros
Good management at the time I was there
Cons
Independent contractor position
Great Company
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 June 2018
Flexible hours and amazing location what more can you ask. The culture was enjoyable, though the office was empty on many occasions during the summer months.Employees are taken care of. Only an internship so judgement is limited.
Official response from Nuance
30 July 2018

Thank you for sharing your internship experience with Nuance! It's great to see you enjoyed the culture in our Montreal office.

Worst pay structure ever.
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION EDITOR (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 May 2018
Employee friendly company, management respects and values its staff. They choose good quality professionals to have a healthy work environment. Managers are well trained to deal amicably with staff.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
long hours and worst pay structure you could ever come across.
long periods of time without work!
Semantic Annotator (Current Employee) –  Remote13 April 2018
The issue with nuance is that the work is never guaranteed, so you can go months and months without anything. If it was always available this would be the perfect "on the side" job for a student or artist.
Good Atmosphere
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 March 2018
The company has a very nice work life balcance. They have beautiful instalations right at the heart of downton.
Tipically at work you get a list of tickets and management checks daily to see how you are doing.
Good work experience
Software QA Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 February 2018
I really enjoy my work experience at Nuance, I have learnt a lot about technology, practiced my coding and communication skills. People that I have encountered are very nice and always willing to help me.
good company
Software QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 January 2018
Enjoying the time in the Nuance, really like the work environment, and people are nice here. People could learn lots of new technical knowledge in the Nuance. The environment is really nice, and it locates in the heart of the Montreal. Everything is close to the company. Enjoying the time here
Awesome
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 January 2018
Great company to work with. Flexible hours, great benefits and very helpful colleagues. It's a great company to learn and grow. 4 weeks of vacation is just awesome.
Interesting work/needs better people management
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 October 2017
Overall very interesting and challenging work, I cannot truly give a review of someone who worked there for a long time.
-Worked on short contract
-HR is not for contractors
-some people were helpful, some not
-need bigger meeting rooms/crammed in/standing room only
-friendly atmosphere, however, you either fit in or you don't
-management makes quick judgments on people, take swift action eliminating people without proper humane communication
-Horrible internal Tech support/weeks before someone responds, by that time you have resolved the issue yourself
Pros
Nice office location
Cons
Bad people management
Organization
Software QA Intern (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 August 2017
Very well organized and nice working environment. Good experience in working a very big team. Gained good experience in terms of learning different techniques.
A large company
Managing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2017
Large imaging organization with a large profile of various software solutions.This company has managed to purchase 20-30 smaller companies to build a large team of imaging professionals.
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Cons
NDI Management team has not been very successful with talent acquisition and development
good place to work but not much security towards your job
QA Automation Testing (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 August 2017
Worked there for a year always did my tasks but in the end was let go even though from as far as I can tell the company was growing. while there I saw many people both leave and come for the company focuses on more contract employees than getting permanent employees. with that said it was a good experience and everyone was nice, lots of activities being planned for moral which was nice and refreshing.
Pros
Lots of office activities for moral and great work environment
Cons
No job security never know when you will be let go.
Good work/life balance but tough to advance
Team Manager - Product Support (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 May 2017
The tech/product support department at Nuance has some very good people working there, but advancement is limited and you need to work hard to stand out. Yearly wage reviews typically lead to increases, but an advancement that means a change in role is difficult to come by.

With the ability to work from home and the need to work through holidays mitigated by a rotational schedule, the work/life balance is good.

Unfortunately, the company routinely goes through "restructuring" to save money, often resulting in some of their best or more seasoned employees getting let go. They also regularly acquire their competitors which typically also leads to downsizing.
Pros
4 weeks paid vacation, occasional paid lunches
Cons
difficult to advance, sometimes wages not up to industry standard
a good place for managers
Integration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 May 2017
this is not a place for developers, it is a political entity where managers create impossible deadlines.

advantages are OK, but the demands of working weekends and nights do make it less attractyive
advantages
Cons
no life outside work, management is not effective
different environment at the airport
Sales, Customer Service Rep & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 February 2017
interesting customers, solving problems
courteous, helpful,listening and eye contact
all kinds of people you meet , communication with them
Disrespectful customers
selling
Pros
no commissions what you sell
Cons
flexible hours
Bad place to work
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 December 2016
Job expectations: You shall walk on water, management will not support you. Sad place to work, with ongoing decline in corporate team spirit and valuing of employees.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
Environment falling apart, no team spirit, exploitive company downsizing in NA
lots of learning
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2016
along with teaching customers I learn a lot about the product . Patience gained a lot from dealing with hard to deal with customers.
Pros
discount
Cons
underpayed, extra worked
Productive, technical, fast paced work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 April 2016
A typical work day at Nuance is very active and stressful. It is the document imaging division of the company and there is a lot of work to do while being understaffed. There are various positions within Nuance but my daily routine consists of responding to customer licensing inquiries, issues, taking phone calls and monitoring internal service queues.
I learned to advance my customer service skills both verbally and written, working on multiple screens with multiple programs and multitasking. Team work is an essential aspect of the production and success of the team. I also learned to have a strong back bone otherwise you will get eaten alive.
Management has improved over time. They look for ways to incorporate team building activities to boost moral (it's low). They are an active part of each employees success. However upper level management doesn't seem to show their concern of the fact that we desperately need more resources to help with the extreme work load.
Co-workers are kind and helpful but can be catty and speak negatively about you when you're not around. During higher volume period, stress levels increase and personalities can clash. (this happens weekly)
The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the heavy workload while trying to maintain daily/weekly deadlines/stats as this impacts customer satisfaction and loyalty, pushing back on other departments when they attempt to give you work that is not your responsibility.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers and my teammates, having my own desk with multiple screens and of course the four
  more... weeks of vacation. (Must work all holidays excl. Christmas and New Years Day)  less
Pros
We eat a lot of pizza
Cons
Over time required but no compensation for it.
Nuance Review
Ingénieur Assurance Qualité - QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 April 2016
good, large company handling a big money flow.
collegues and managers are nice.
peacefull work environment
low level of competitivity between employers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nuance. Our community is ready to answer.