NTT DATA Services Employee Reviews

Found 84 reviews matching the search See all 1,785 reviews
Stay Away If You Value Your Work/Time
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 February 2019
I'm a current employee (3 years). There's a high turnover rate for a reason. You will never be compensated for any overtime hours, and believe me there will be a lot of overtime. Client satisfaction is the bottom line but the client is never satisfied. It's a lose-lose situation.

They have what's called "the bench" which is where people go when they are no longer valued employees then get let go because they have no work for you (even though they are always hiring). I've seen a few people who butt heads with management and get placed there, " ...we're over staffed. It was a difficult decision to make, but you will be placed on the bench for when another opportunity becomes available."

Work here if you must.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Work-Life Balance, Management, Client, Pay
Solid Benefits, good team lead
Call Center Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 January 2019
I worked on one project for over 5 years. The contract was terminated client side, they attempted to find a position prior to leaving. Even offered one, but it was not to my liking.

Management was good, the team I was on was fantastic, pay was on time, bonuses were frequently late, payment was always correct.

Client side communication or lack thereof generated significant challenges, but this improved over the course of the time there.

Helping the end users of healthcare facilities not worry about the tech they use, or helping them use it more efficiently, was very rewarding.
Great co-workers, terrible company
BPO (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 January 2019
Nice bunch of people on the floor, but no worthwhile training, condescending attitudes from management. When a recruiter says “this more like a family than a company”, you know there’ll be problems. When training was cut short, after all the other insulting obvious lies had been exposed, they shorted me for a week’s pay. Stay away...
Pros
Cons
See above
Productive remote workplace
Business Systems Advisor (Current Employee) –  Remote8 January 2019
I had remote position that supported an account with multiple hospitals. The team I worked with for the past several years made the job fun, productive, and knowledgeable.
Pros
Flexible hours
Work Life balance
Principal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 January 2019
Great work life balance and really good work environment. Due to consultancy services job security is not great, neither is your chance for promotion or pay raises. Management at the senior level seem to be more concerned with the clients and tend not to listen to the day-to-day concerns of the employees.

Having to deal with unprofessional clients was the hardest part of the job, most days I dreaded going into work when having to deal with them

The most enjoyable were my colleagues in the office.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
I worked there for 5 years without a pay raise
An amazing IT Company to work with except for few changes to be implemented
Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 October 2018
I have worked with this Company for 11+ years and have enjoyed every minute of being part of this Organization.

My Management were very flexible and accommodated me to support remote from my home
No restrictions on the timings and were always flexible

Unfortunately my role was eliminated and i had been laid off
Only work here if you must.
Junior Java Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 August 2018
As far as north America is concerned It is mainly a consulting company. Your section will contracted out to another multinational/national company and you will have to learn said company's engines better than their official developers.

It is incredibly frustrating to work for them, as any changes that are meaningful are terribly slow to implementation. Something that should have taken 3 months is going for year 3.
Pros
Benefits and Insurance
Cons
Everything else, especially the so called security
This is not relevant and duplicate
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 August 2018
This is not relevant and duplicate. Not applicable to me as there is no company named NTT data services. This is not correct and hence waste of time but have to do.
Cons
Good company but greedy management
analyst (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS30 July 2018
# Good company with bad management
# Compensation way less than what others pay for the same job
# Less to no growth oppurtunities.
# Work environment is good
# Management oblivious of employee needs.
Good place to work.
Senior Designer & Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 July 2018
Ample opportunity to learn and grow, but the compensation is not as per market. If the current project is over, not sufficient support from the team to find another opportunity.
Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 May 2018
Great people to work, have to be very efficient to know new technology, since it was a consulting company dint have a chance to work remotely. overall it was good
Pros
9 to 5 job
Cons
no OT
I am happy with NTT Data job culture
Senior IT Consultant - L3 (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 May 2018
I am happy with NTT Data job culture. I start my day with L3 business Analystincluding ticket, outage handling, scripting, project management etc. I can work from home when I want to.
great
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 March 2018
assist Dr/nurses with medical coverage questions and issues. Monday to Friday job. learned to troble shoot denials and and how to resprocess claims. 8 hours a day
Pros
great bunch of people to work with
Cons
Elavator is required.
Enjoyed working here
Project Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 February 2018
There are many oportunities to advance. If you take advantage of people and tools offered you can move between departments and learn a lot about IT and consulting.
there was very good work environment.
ETL Tester (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2018
there was very good work environment and enjoyable. After the free time there was place to play different game. We get good incentive and the best part is that we can do Work from home.
Pros
Good work culture
Look elsewhere if you can
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 January 2018
Management doesn't have a clue, they can't keep the client happy and keep losing business, the only reason we haven't lost our contract was because our group works 40 - 60 hours a week.

Job security doesn't seem secure. The moral is low and for some reason it took them 3 years to remove bed bugs from the office. *disgusting*
Healthy work environment
Salesforce Administrator/Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2017
Friendly work place, great support from team members. hierarchy was strict as per work at the same time they were ready to help in case of hard times. Great coffee though
NTT was a huge company but no measures to improve ones technical knowledge.
IT SECURITY ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 October 2017
NTT was a huge company but no measures to improve ones technical knowledge. i have worked there for almost three months but i wasnt able to improve any of my technical knowledge and skills. However the documentation provided was amazing.
good enough
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 October 2017
Typical day: Show up, drone away, go home
Learned: Not a whole lot
Management: Tries to do well but is stifled
Workplace culture: Tries to be involved, is unsuccessful
Hardest part of the job: Dealing with the client
Easiest part: Dealing with co workers
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Poor job security
Productive Work and Good Enviroment
Salesforce Administrator/Developer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 September 2017
Interesting Projects and lot of opportunities
They don't do overtime. But, you work whatever shift they give you. They take no consideration into if you have kids or other things. Community within NTT is pretty decent, you will work with some of the nicest people. Mind you, you will work with some of the dumbest people as well.
Pros
Good work environment & benefits
Cons
Lacks career opportunities in Canada

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NTT DATA Services. Our community is ready to answer.