NTL Pipelines Employee Reviews

Productive and a great place to work.
Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB26 January 2018
Taking care of all Labourer duties and helping with all equipment.
I really liked working for this company. It felt more like your family away from your family.
Pros
Always keep you busy.
Cons
Shortage of work.
A good team but horrible management
Receptionist/Payroll (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 November 2017
I liked working with the team I was with. It could be fun at times. The workload was unmanageable though and there was no support from management for dealing with employee disputes and harassment.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Zero management support
Salary is good
Field Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB14 September 2017
This company offers no room for advancement, as well only uses staff for immediate needs, once the project is complete - they lay you off instantly.
Management only cares about bottom line - is basically clueless about the status of the project.
Last project had an issue with production, so they reacted by replacing the admin. Rather than replace the people directly responsible for production.
greatest place that i ever worked
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB6 September 2017
fantastic boss, fair great successful person, great people, experiences all good. this company is the best structure and successful company run by great management team
Pros
all pros
Excellent
Payroll Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 July 2017
I really enjoyed my time working here...I was hired as a temp for 6 weeks of work and was there for over 4 months.. I was able to grow as a data entry person and was able to give input to increase efficiency with paperwork
Pros
Great people and managment
Cons
closed the local office
An option
Operator (Former Employee) –  British Columbia4 April 2017
The work was consistent while most companies were unable to secure contracts. Rates were extremely low with little incentive to go the extra mile. My problem arouse when required emergency surgery. I notified my supervisor immediately after i was unable to continue to work for a short period of time and was dismissed soon after a little disappointing considering I was encouraged to finish an important portion of the project before returning to the doctor after becoming ill initially. Bottom line in my opinion employment here is a good filler but may not be the best if there are other options
Pros
Amount of contracts
Cons
No security
No one ever smiled long
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 September 2016
While our manager kept us happy, the overall mood was never great. The female QC Manager was a disgusting human who cussed more like a trucker than a supervisor ever should. Left when I was referred to as F***nuts on a phone call. She kept her job, I left.
Great Company
Coating Inspector (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB30 July 2015
Great Company to work for. Great management. It has been a pleasure to be a part of the NTL team, I look forward to continuing with them for as long as possible.
productive, fun
Excavator/ Dozer Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB3 April 2015
a new challenge everyday, i loved working for them. it was a really great company. i would go back to work for them any times!
Pros
jump hours
Cons
best company i have worked for up to date
Pipeline Coater (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB18 December 2014
got to meet allot of people, got lots of good knowledgeable, and enjoyed the outdoors the outdoor work
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
No benefits
Pipeline company with seasonal operations. High turn over
QC Administration and Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB1 December 2014
Company based on bottom dollar with no employee acknowledgment. High turn over with the hiring of any able body that had no experience, in turn creating jobs that struggled on the HSE side.
Pros
Local work
Cons
fun place to work with older people i have worked with befor and good atmosphere
Lead Hand Labour (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB22 August 2012
a typical day at work was it was slow everywhere when i got hired on by a friend of the family that was my boss. but when i started i was only able to help finish a few pipelines and the rest was breakup and yard work and cleaning up and fixing everything that was broken from winter months. after everything was done and fixed and no more jobs where starting within the company, i was forced to haveto look somewhere els for work. but in general it was a great atmosphere to work around and i had respect as a individual who was trying hard to gain more work the whole time i was their.
Pros
a paycheck