NSHA

NSHA Employee Reviews

My experience

More nurses and support staff would greatly improve overall. Schedules are great. Amazing staff to work with. Staffing wkrks hard to gey your vacation reqests.

Pros

Friendships. Collaborative.

Cons

You could work 24/7. Worrking short. parking.

Stressful, fast paced job, horrible culture

Pay as a casual is higher than the average for the area, however, as a casual, you have no guaranteed hrs which means you have to be constantly available to take any shifts. Depending on the department it can take over a decade to gain guaranteed full-time employment. Once you are full-time once you consider that a large part of your payment will go to benefits and pension the salary isn't even high.The work was fast-paced and hard on the body and you are exposed to a disgusting and dangerous work environment. You are expected to go full tilt your entire shift and are often understaffed. The worst part however is your coworkers, workplace bullying is commonplace, and won't be addressed by management unless you go out of your way to bring it up. Being yelled at or berated by coworkers is commonplace and constantly hearing your coworkers bad-mouthing a coworker is exhausting.

Pros

good pay per hour as a casual

Cons

Everything else, no guaranteed hrs

Awesome place to have employment.Im Very grateful for my job.Constantly learning new things with the help of some staff members. Management are very reasonable and always willing to help.

Difficulty working with staff

Staff in some areas of the hospital are very rude and hard to work with. Very clique like atmosphere with lots of bullying. Management in the past has been informed and joined in on the bullying instead of trying to stop it. If it wasn't for the security and needing money to live, I would not continue working there.

Pros

Decent pay and benefits

Cons

Working atmosphere very stressful

Very stressful work place

Stressful and busy. I enjoyed the learning and skills I acquired over the years nut not meant for the faint of heart. Do not EVER call in sick of the staff of 3IMCU will treat you like you are dirt.

I love working for nsha it is a great place to work at

Nsha is a great place to work for the pay is great and you get to move up to a full time position with full benefits and after 2 years you pay into a pension plan .I enjoy working at the hospital and my co Workers are great to work with.

Good medical benefits are the perks

Benefits are good, people are friendly, but you need to do a lot and lots of responsibility is placed on you and the money is a bit better than the average job. No other perks happen with this job.

A Large community of workers

Great work like balance Good People Great hours the best part about my job is that you are treated as an adult and there are no questioned asked if you have an appointment to attend.

Offers an ability to support communities their healthcare needs.

Ability to collaborate with colleagues to provide continuing care and support to communities. Opportunity to support underserved populations and community networks.

unionized

lots of benefits to a union. Union rules in terms of advancement often misinterpreted. There does not seem to be quality control of management contribution.

Pros

good pay for the job - OT available

Cons

poor hours - highly impersonal

Great co workers

Salary increases by years worked, not by performance. Not much room for advancing. My direct managers are excellent. Understanding, work as a team, and are very approachable.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

under paid, minimal advancement

great work environment

Learned a lot about how hospitals work, spend a long time on your feet. spend a lot of the time on your own and make a lot of friends in other departments;

Pros

Freedom and meeting new people

Cons

to hard to get full time

Great experience for students

I have worked here for the last three years as a student. I have gained a lot of experience in my future field of work and made many great connections. Would highly recommend.

Unionized environment

Unionized environment-says it all, lazy employees get the same pay as hard working employees. Managers are useless. Top heavy no pay raise until the NSGEU and employer reach agreement at bargaining table.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

no pay raise in 3 years

dirty, workers kept casual to avoid pensions and benifits

the environment is very unsanitary in some departments. employer does everything to avoid hiring full time employees. talk of privatization trying to push union out in favor of cheap scabs.

Pros

flexible

Cons

too flexible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NSHA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement