NOW MAGAZINE Employee Reviews

Most toxic place i worked at! full of scandal
Digital Strategy & Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 July 2019
I experienced a great deal of stress, anxiety, and pressure during my time at NOW. I was forced to create an illegal adult directory which still remains open, in spite of the current Canadian laws put in place.

I was directly asked by you to "make the situation difficult" for certain union members in order for them to resign. So you don't have to pay them severance.

I was forced to reject qualified candidates based on their race and sexual orientation.
Pros
This organization only survives on the commitment of senior employees to the brand
Cons
Horrible owner, no direction, everyday something changes based on someone's personal opinion.
loved NOW
Online Reporter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2016
thank you Now magazine I learned so much from your reporters and felt very welcome even on my very first day. thank you to all of your kind staff and best of luck to your amazing alternative magazine in the future :)

Lisa Aldridge
Very Serious and Focussed Environment
Marketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2014
-Cold Calling
-Account Management
-Engaged with clients to propose marketing programs
-Kept in touch with current clients
-Spoke to agencies and local small to medium size businesses
-Used CRM system to input client information
-Heavy email communication with clients
-Worked with marketing coordinator

Co-workers were polite and professional. Management met with me once per week to keep track of sales leads and get updates on potential closings.
At times a bit challenging during slow periods to meet quota but was a positive challenge.

Enjoyed learning how to work with different levels of businesses including agencies.
Pros
Benefits, unionized