Novolex

Novolex Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
I would love to give this a try if the pays tight
Well sometimes a person does not know what he thinks he or she does looks can be deciding but bottom line with the right crew or people this job would go smooth as. Long as everyone did there job and more team effort makes a huge difference. But if I had the opportunity to get to know my workers in time they would be the best shift of all for production dress code team work that would be the biggest achivements I had ever done
toxic environment people wise
If the company and co workers treated you better the company could actually hold onto people. Improving there bottom line as there would be less breakdowns.
Great place to work.
Learned how to run two different slitting machine and learned a lot about plastics. great people, great wages. management is easy to get along with. my most enjoyable part of the job was to see how much work i got done at the end of the day.
Just dont
I thought it would be a great job as it was hyped up as a "family" oriented plant. It's not. You will just be a number to them and will be forced into the job before you are even properly trained. They will have a trainee train you. Some of the people are great but never forget you are just a number. In the summer you'll feel like your in a Tin can as it gets super hot in there with small fans blowing plastic towards you.
great place to work
I ended up learning how to make plastic bags at a huge pace. great people to work with, great management. overall a fantastic place to work and I hope everyone else enjoys it as much as I did
Factory work, 12 hour shifts
I have been working at Novolex for about just a year, a typical day is a 12 hours shift from 7:30am till 7:30 pm and then night shifts as well from 7:30pm till 7:30am.

I have learned about how blown plastic film is made.

the management, is alright, they mostly stick to the offices and only come out on the floor when having their morning meeting, other then that they don't seem to be involved or interested in employes lives.

hardest part of the job is having to switch between nights and days every 2 weeks.
Pros
some times free lunch
Cons
12 hour shift work
worst place I ever worked
Foul language
Very dirty environment

old run down equipment, even the new equipment broke down often.

running bet to see how long employees would last.

very rough and raunchy crowd.

Management oblivious to plant and office culture difference and

unwilling to train people.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lots of every involved poeple
they are a great company moving for word lots of nice people there they all do lots together on the floor and after work
Pros
payed lunch