Novolex

Novolex Employee Reviews

Well sometimes a person does not know what he thinks he or she does looks can be deciding but bottom line with the right crew or people this job would go smooth as. Long as everyone did there job and more team effort makes a huge difference. But if I had the opportunity to get to know my workers in time they would be the best shift of all for production dress code team work that would be the biggest achivements I had ever done
What a joke! Whatever you do don’t work here! People smoking pot and sleeping all night, showing up drunk, management who totally ignores the bad employees because they can’t get people to work here! They turn a blind eye and don’t do their jobs. The place is an oven in the summer and freezes in the winter. The place is falling apart and the management are so disassociated they don’t make any improvements. You will work to your detriment with no thanks. No training and no organization. They’ve been investigated by the labour board for several infractions and recently messed up all their employees pay so that everyone had to pay back thousands to revenue Canada! Whatever you do stay away from this horrible place! Full of nepotism and lowlife people!
The manager is not that good in handling his people. He's more concern on what the company should achieve. No concern to workers. Benefits are bad. You have to earned it by working more hours to accumulate vacation days. No sick leave
If the company and co workers treated you better the company could actually hold onto people. Improving there bottom line as there would be less breakdowns.
Learned how to run two different slitting machine and learned a lot about plastics. great people, great wages. management is easy to get along with. my most enjoyable part of the job was to see how much work i got done at the end of the day.
I thought it would be a great job as it was hyped up as a "family" oriented plant. It's not. You will just be a number to them and will be forced into the job before you are even properly trained. They will have a trainee train you. Some of the people are great but never forget you are just a number. In the summer you'll feel like your in a Tin can as it gets super hot in there with small fans blowing plastic towards you.
I ended up learning how to make plastic bags at a huge pace. great people to work with, great management. overall a fantastic place to work and I hope everyone else enjoys it as much as I did
I have been working at Novolex for about just a year, a typical day is a 12 hours shift from 7:30am till 7:30 pm and then night shifts as well from 7:30pm till 7:30am. I have learned about how blown plastic film is made. the management, is alright, they mostly stick to the offices and only come out on the floor when having their morning meeting, other then that they don't seem to be involved or interested in employes lives. hardest part of the job is having to switch between nights and days every 2 weeks.
Pros
some times free lunch
Cons
12 hour shift work
Foul language Very dirty environment old run down equipment, even the new equipment broke down often. running bet to see how long employees would last. very rough and raunchy crowd. Management oblivious to plant and office culture difference and unwilling to train people.
Pros
good pay
Cons
they are a great company moving for word lots of nice people there they all do lots together on the floor and after work
Pros
payed lunch