Novo Peak Health

Novo Peak Health Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
Working at novo was stressful they had so much that had to be done with very little pay. It definitely wasn’t worth my time working there.

I want to give 1 star but some how it won’t let me rate one star.
Official response from Novo Peak Health
15 June 2020
Unfortunately during these times there is definitely a lot of stress and unknown with Covid, and this is across the board not only with Novo.
I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with Novo as we always aim to treat our team fairly and are one of the highest paying Companies for PTAs in Eldercare. Best of luck in your future endeavours.
- Make sure you comb over every paycheque for mistakes and be on them about fixing it.
- Don't expect adequate training. Or even a start time to show up for the training at. There is a lot of guessing involved. You will get training, but it will be a month or two after you started and you'll have figured everything out for yourself already.

- Fight for travel pay if they have you going in between two homes. They will offer you something that doesn't even cover gas.

- The residents and in house staff make the actual workplace rewarding and enjoyable. You will build really good relationships with all of them.

- The sum up is, be on your toes and be on management to give you what is fair. The wages are below average but it is fine as an in between job because of in house staff and residents. Management will listen to you, but it may take a couple emails or phone calls before you get an answer or a solution.
Job nature is good. Lots to learn. Lots of space to develop skills.

Co-workers are good. However, Clinical Administrative Manager does not have the skills to run the office. Constantly creates negative/toxic environment to the staff.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management
Official response from Novo Peak Health
25 July 2019
Maybe if you showed up to work and did not call in sick weekly leaving your team to pick up your slack you would find we pay just fine and the workload is manageable Naomi :)
Nothing over-complicated about the work, but sometimes it can be overwhelming with how busy it gets. Staff is fantastic and easy to work with.
Easy-going. Can choose your own hours. Can choose what locations you would like to do the exercise sessions at. The best part is working with the old people. They are all super nice.
You are busy from the start to the finish of your day. I have had to learn patience. Management is quick to help. Great work environment if you can take criticism. The hardest part of the job is not having answers to a question. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new people.
Pros
As a contract worker; Being able to say your unavailable on dates you need off, instead of requesting time off and waiting for approval.
Cons
As a contract worker; No benefits, no holiday or vacation pay.
I liked working there. It was a good place to work. I liked working working in a team environment and the benefits they had. I liked helping residents feel better.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no increased payments
They have been flexible and understanding with my schedule and have allowed me to hone my skills in a variety of different settings. They have allowed me to grow in my interpersonal skills, grow in my team building skills, as well as how to communicate better as a team to achieve the common goal of providing the best care possible to all the clients I work with.
Since instructors and PTA's do not get paid for set up or the time spent on paper work the hourly wage is MUCH lower than any where else. There is a lot of paper work you must do on your own time!!
Also there rate is lower than advertised as they charge YOU for a contract fee on each invoice. No travel expense!

The classes are free to the public so the classes are packed.
Pros
you can change up the class
Cons
low pay, paperwork on own time
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Novo Peak Health?
I have been working with Novo Peak Health for several years and it's a great company. We provide services at long term care homes, retirement homes, and clinics.