Nova Vita Domestic Violence Prevention Services

Nova Vita Domestic Violence Prevention Services Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Found 1 review matching the search
Started as a volunteer in their boutique Closet Couture in Sept 2013; worked part time from March 2014, managed the store February 2015-October 2018. LOVE the people at Nova Vita; respect is given across the board, whether you are a volunteer, staff or client. The services offered to clients are exceptional and include not just safe shelter and all needs while there, but also free counselling for anyone in the community, a comprehensive perpetrators program, court assistance, housing assistance, employment opportunities and peer support. The job was very rewarding; customers are appreciative of the atmosphere, exceptional clothing and accessories for sale at great prices, and the cause it supports. Volunteers are all well-vetted and invest so much time, heart and labour! It can be physically demanding - being on your feet for hours, lugging bags of heavy clothing and also up and down step ladders. But it is a very fun job and suits someone who is customer service focused and speaks well. I learned so much about domestic violence and its effect on our community, how a non-profit runs, and also how to problem-solve with others in a respectful and non-confrontational way. I learned a lot about other community resources as well, as the monthly meetings often involve speakers from other organizations. For me the hardest part of the job became the wear and tear on my body, and if I hadn't undertaken strength training on my own time it would have done some damage. My most enjoyable part of the job for me was the people - I made many lasting friendships! Also the opportunities - more...