Nova Scotia Health Authority

Nova Scotia Health Authority Pay & benefits reviews

this is a great job with amazing benefits and great co-workers however the job is a politically charged environment with lots of emphasis on local standing.
Pros
great benefits decent hours lots of opportunity for overtime
Cons
politically charged, poor work life balance
I've worked in BC, Manitoba, Ontario and Nova Scotia. By far the salary and work-life balance have been superior working and living in Nova Scotia. Colleagues on the work team are truly collaborative and respectful. Great salary and benefits, too.
As a new grad, I experienced nothing but bullying from both positions I held with NSHA. Not only from co-workers but mostly from managers. Very unsupportive, unkind and sometimes very unprofessional
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
Bullying, poor management, poor staffing ratios
Enjoy working here. Benefits and salary for full time/ permanent employees are quite good for Cape Breton. It is a safe, friendly place to work. Also the backing of a union.
The benefits and pension plans are both phenomenal. Stable employment, as it's the largest employer in Nova Scotia and healthcare always seems to remain relatively reliable. Great workplace.
Great opportunity for a young person to advance. I worked there in all the hospitals for nearly fifteen years. The experiences I had at all different levels of care were great.
Pros
Vacation and health benefits
Be able to handle death well. If you can then you will be fine working there , as long as you also can work hard and fast. The are 12 hour shifts but time does go really fast while you are there.
If you are looking for a job in Halifax and are flexible then NSHA is fantastic. There’s lots of room to grow if you apply yourself and great benefits.
A very good job with an excellent wage and meet lots of different people while working with different nursing units. Great job if you don't mind walking and are a people person. We are part of the NSGEU and as such get great benefit, pension and paid time off.
Very busy, patient focused work place. Many changes daily. Employee's have protected benefits, wages, vacation, sick leave and job security. Can be a high stress environment.
Pros
Union contract-protections for salary, vacation, sick time, leave
Cons
High stress
Worked for this company for 6 years and they are great to their employees. The benefits and pay rate are fair. The people are nice. would recommend working here.
Well the good thing is, it is a job. Especially, when it is hard to get one. 2nd not a bad pay check. Remeber to keep Mouth closed, head down, and mind your p's and q's and you will get all just fine.
Pros
Good pay and work especially when u get permanent status.
Cons
Watch your back.
Was very rewarding, working in a fast paced environment,dealing with various situations. Enjoyed working with patients. Very rewarding when they have a good experience with the hospital. Hardest part of the job was never having enough staff.
benefits
Cons
never having a enough staff on the desk
Great place to work. Easy to balance work and life. Great benefits and salaries. Great team environment. Co-workers, peers and managers are great to work with.
The job sometimes was stressful, lots of patients and urgent care situations but the people working at NSHA are amazing and make going to work easy. I highly recommend.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
sometimes miss breaks-busy patient flow
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
None I can think of
Job is very demanding but also very rewarding. I love the patients and my coworkers. Very nice health centre and great location (in a Mall) Great benefit package and wage. Just not enough hours, therefore seeking employment
Pros
Working with a wonderful team, gaining experience, great benefit package, unionized
Cons
Can be stressful and overwhelming at times
The buildings are old .Very hot to work in . And equipment needs to be updated. Good benefits Heard on you emotionally mentally and physically. Can become very depressing and demanding always working short not enough staff
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Mentally and physically demanding
Great company and all co workers are treating respect to each other. Company giving good benifits loke medical dental and pension plans. Also we have vactions and sickness time.
Pros
Free Uniforms
Cons
Good employer with excellent benefits. Professional working environment which provided everything I needed to carry out my duties in a professional manor.
I work with all diligence and all sincerity in the work and higher I am all daily pursuits complement and nothing to be tired of I work to get information and money
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Full time