Nova Scotia Health Authority

Nova Scotia Health Authority Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Registered Nurse7 reviews
Canada7 reviews
I enjoyed my positions on three units. The staff were hardworking and tried their best to meet patient needs. As in any environment, there are a small few that do not meet the same criteria
Fast paced environment
Always learning new skills and tasks daily

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the workload demand and doing it safely

The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationship I have with my supportive co-works and patients
Found working here very stressful. Manager not easy to get along with. Very short staffed causing staff to be burnt out. Work atmosphere tense and unwelcoming.
Team work is excellent.
Management is great.

Providing care to individuals and their families are rewarding.

Fast-paced work setting

Wages are competitive.
I love working for Nova Scotia health authority. I work with a great group of people who believe in a team mentality. I always have support and I have great hours.
if you are male, you wont (for the most part) get hired here. they have the odd token male but it is a non-male dominated workforce and they arent letting go.

i have seen qualified male candidates declined over new grads. managers will look for someone that kowtows to them. these same managers are unbelievably rude and condescending to male staff called in from local agencies.

i have been watching this for years and it is disheartening to see so many (but not all) men head elsewhere as soon as they can.
Pros
that the men get to escape
Cons
everything
There are alot of great oppurtunities to excell your career at this hospital. The best thing about working here is the people you work with. I would recommend my floor to others.
Pros
self scheduling
Cons
unsupported staff regarding patient to nurse abuse
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nova Scotia Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.
Nova Scotia Health Authority Reviews by Location