Nova Scotia Health Authority

Nova Scotia Health Authority Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Registered Nurse11 reviews
Canada11 reviews

Always nursing jobs available

Difficult to judge with the pandemic impact, as in most healthcare staffing is an ongoing problem but they do their best to fill vacancies. Large building and difficult building relationships outside of your own unit.

Ctp

I worked at CTP in lower sackville stay away they are associated with quest your options don’t matter and in safe work environment very aggressive clients staff are attacked with no changes from management they just ignore the problems

Pros

Free parking

Toxic environment

A toxic work environment that affected my work performance. People arguing all the time and not acting professionally. Would not recommend them at all. Management were appalling.

Pros

Good health benefits

Cons

New management needed

Mobility between units/specialty areas

Bad place to work for if you are foreign-trained RN. Does not recognize RN experience outside Canada. Deplorable. Generally, Nova Scotians are nice. Pen and paper charting.

Pros

Job security, sponsored specialty trainings

Cons

Under funded

Overall

I enjoyed my positions on three units. The staff were hardworking and tried their best to meet patient needs. As in any environment, there are a small few that do not meet the same criteria

Fast paced

Fast paced environment Always learning new skills and tasks daily The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the workload demand and doing it safely The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationship I have with my supportive co-works and patients

Short Staffed

Found working here very stressful. Manager not easy to get along with. Very short staffed causing staff to be burnt out. Work atmosphere tense and unwelcoming.

excellent team work

Team work is excellent. Management is great. Providing care to individuals and their families are rewarding. Fast-paced work setting Wages are competitive.

Great workplace with wonderful staff

I love working for Nova Scotia health authority. I work with a great group of people who believe in a team mentality. I always have support and I have great hours.

sexist managers

if you are male, you wont (for the most part) get hired here. they have the odd token male but it is a non-male dominated workforce and they arent letting go. i have seen qualified male candidates declined over new grads. managers will look for someone that kowtows to them. these same managers are unbelievably rude and condescending to male staff called in from local agencies. i have been watching this for years and it is disheartening to see so many (but not all) men head elsewhere as soon as they can.

Pros

that the men get to escape

Cons

everything

Jobs at Nova Scotia Health Authority