Nova Scotia Health Authority

Nova Scotia Health Authority Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Administrative Assistant5 reviews
Canada5 reviews
I have recently merged into two roles, and feel I could sink under my workload. I had a large team portfolio before and now I have double the work. I often feel that if I had stayed a clerk I would have been at a higher pay scale now, with less work, and there would be a lot less stress in my life.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Workload heavy, understaffed
I have worked in many departments within the NSHA and favouritism and nepotism are definitely part of the work environment. Managers micro-manage even though the majority of them never have done the lower level jobs at all.
Administrative duties serving management team and clients. I have learned to increase my ability in pay more attention to details skills, effectiveness, and being able to work with a variety of cultures. Working with management was an excellent opportunity to increase my education and experience in certain areas of technology ( adobe connect) and skills in office procedures. The culture of my workplace is second to none, we work well together, listen and respect each other and help one another. The most challenging part of the job is when we are short staffed but we work well to come together to best serve the physicians. The most enjoyable part of my job is the team I work with we are professional and know how to laugh with one another and lift each other up.
Pros
There is a caferia with hot food.
Cons
no job security.
Excellent opportunities for growth and learning in a positive environment. Each day there are new tasks which keeps the work interesting and staff and leadership are respectful and approachable.
Hard to get permanent job.

The unions don't do anything for you unless you are full time.

Parking at the Regional hospital is hard to find for staff and employees should't have to pay for parking.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nova Scotia Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.
Nova Scotia Health Authority Reviews by Location