Nova Scotia Community College

Nova Scotia Community College Employee Reviews

Canada48 reviews
Amazing First Place to Work
I worked for the Technology Service Desk for my second year at NSCC and I can confidently say that I would recommend any of my friends to do the same thing.
Decent instutition in state of flux
Organizationally, NSCC is moving in the right direction - my low scores reflect my experience with immediate manager...good administrator, poor leader.
not recommended
it looks good but there is no work after graduation

the building is beautiful but the skill you learn can not be used other than local places

they promis people that they can find work after a year but many of my graduate friends are without job
challenging
Hard to settle with it only being a term position
Did not provide proper office space

Supportive staff

Challenging at times with expectations for part time
Great environment to work in
I was a tutor throughout my own personal studies. It was one of the most rewarding jobs I have done. Not only did it help my learning but was a wonderful feeling to be able to assist other students struggling to grasp concepts in Accounting and Math
Great Learning Experience as Student
Provided me with all I needed to advance my knowledge to continue my career in Power Engineering. Safety and hands on experience really helped to give me the confidence I needed to perform my job.
Good place
Great place to work, really enjoyed working there. Good people to work with, worked with some excellent people and had great working relationships. Would work there again if an opportunity comes up. Flexible working schedule, plenty of time off, good benefits, decent pay. Enjoyed it a lot
Term employment
Consecutive term employment, build and create programs for a variety of courses, term employment is posted to full time and bias management hires family and friends. Management is more concerned about their own agendas than what is good for students. NSSC is a hierarchy of hippocratic organization with no accountability.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nova Scotia Community College?
Great place to work and go to school.
Great place to work and go to school. I will be returning to school in September.

Why does this need so many characters to leave a review?

I only have good things to say about this school :)
Truly enjoyed teaching students and helping them find and prepare for new careers
I found that we as teachers often had to concentrate on helping students improve their reading capacity, which had us be prepared to decrease the number of textbook chapters and help them be able to complete courses like chemistry, biology, and physics by completing more chapters during the terms after the first term.I enjoyed taking the courses on how to prepare and help students learn.
I
Amazing and Inclusive Place to Work
I worked at NSCC for a summer term and I fully enjoyed it. I learned so much and the workplace culture is great. I have no complaints. Everyone there is so nice!
The experience was so good
My experience at NSCC taking Cosmetology was very fun. It made me realize you can enjoy school, as long as your going for the right program! I have since been diagnosed with MS and can no longer do hair, so I went back to school and was lucky enough to find another fit for myself!
Knowledgeable experience
Always learning new things each day

Had the ability to help the students which their issues

Worked with many nice people and was able to join a network to keep in touch
Great work life balance
great work life balance.
Always felt comfortable communicating requests to management and felt that I was being heard and that the things that were important to me would be considered.
Enjoyable Flexible Work
Simple yet tuned to your interests. Overall the workplace is clean, and other staff are always available to help if you aren't able to figure out a task. Also skills required are not huge and most of the tasks that require them can be taught quickly.
Good work experience
Limited scope due to part-time student position but very good work experience. Spend most of the day picking up tickets and helping users with various system issues, and lots of opportunities to work with Active Directory and windows deployment services.
great experience
cooperative, helpful colleagues. Professional management. Motivated students. Excellent facilities and support colleagues. A compete Campus experience for students.
where ambition goes to die
Interesting job, remarkable network of skilled, talented colleagues.
Leadership more concerned with personal agendas and bean counting than success of programs. New leadership necessary
Remarkably talented colleagues
Wonderful organizational culture. Motivated students. Facilities technology top notch. Sometimes students were in over their heads in terms of academic preparation
Interesting place to work,
Professionalism of colleagues appreciated, Collaborative atmosphere but too many responsibilities assumed outside of job description. Management heirarchical and antithetical to strategic plan
Happening place
This turned out to be a fine place to work first in Nova Scotia's capital city. While being a member of a team there was room to bring individual skills to fulfillment of vision and mission.
Pros
Healthy workplace culture
Cons
traffic