Nova Hotels

Nova Hotels Employee Reviews

My time at Nova was good. Management were easy to talk to and verey understanding. There is good moral between employees, and management. I had a good experience
Nova Hotel was a huge experience for me in Canada. I had only positive moments in this company. I improved my English, customer service, communication with customers and all company’s staffs.
I really miss working in the accounting team for Nova Hotels! I didn't have much interaction with much of the other management, but the president did invite head office staff and upper management on monthly get togethers for food and drinks. I thought this was a great team building exercise and eased people from work stress before kicking off to a long weekend, so I really appreciated the workplace culture. I really liked that the accounting department worked as a "team" in which we could bounce ideas off each other or help one another when stuck. We took turns buying chocolates and candies and also coffee for each other because we all needed brain food in the office with the occasional lunch days where we would all decide to go out or order in too. Deadlines would only get stressful when we fell short on time due to holidays or missing team members on vacation, but for the most part, it was steady-paced and not too stressful. Everyone was always willing to help out if someone fell behind.
Pros
Occasional free lunches and drinks, Christmas Party, Relaxed environment, Staff well treated, Benefits
Cons
Bit hard to make changes for improvement due to effect on multiple other properties
I was there for one week. I found the supervisor who trained me was really lazy n aloof. The staff were very clique and didn't really train me thoroughly. One girl called in sick on my second day and threw me to the wolves. On my roe they stated I was terminated when I quit and even sent a message stating I'm no longer interested in being employed there. I was within my probation period and did not need to give her 2 weeks.
Poor management, every thing is employees fault, favoritism, don't honor your seniority, had a very upsetting encounter with a guest. Was told he would be kicked out of the hotel but showed up again the next week because "he's a regular guest" management has no loyalty, front desk management has no idea what they are doing, the only good part about working here was the employees.
Worst company ever, corporate HR has no idea about respect, manners, company culture. Ignores everyone, never comes back to you if there is a question, never worked for hotel industry before.
I have worked for Nova for awhile and its a great company. It's a family business and they are very hardworking and most of all they really care about their employees. Sometimes you have to work extra hours but they are always thankful for your time. If you want a company you can grow with they always have opportunity for good workers. The senior managers are very friendly and supportive. I am very grateful to work for a company like Nova.
I worked for this company just under 3months.I got trained by a employee and my supervisor.Both people told me i could nap on night shift.the supervisor napped every night he was on with me and went as far as to sleep a whole shift.The supervisor used it against me and i was let go for questioning his threats.worst place i ever worked.fyi front desk is housekeeping
I loved working here only for the clientele. Management sucks and does favoritism! She never listens and does nothing to help or support. The girls are fake. Always talk behind your back and diss you. I would not suggest working for this place unless you want to be treated like you are nothing. Run while you can.
Pros
Good benefits, some co-worker's
Cons
Everything else!!
I work full 8 hours per shift, and everyday is not the same. Lots of opportunity to learn and grow at the front desk. The people I work with are all professionals.The Director of Operation is a down to earth, soft spoken, nicest boss I've ever work for. She manages all hotels including ours very hands on and I like it that way. We have challenges in our department but Nova is always there for us. Full support from the head office for the betterment of our brand.This company gives wonderful opportunity to their staff including career advancement within our department which builds employee loyalty and job satisfaction.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nova Hotels?
The best part about the job will be some of the people you will get to meet. Not all of them will be good but if you're lucky like me you get to meet a couple really good people. The 'senior leaders' apart from one always more concerned with who sucked up most to their boss. It was very shocking to see the same thing played out day after day and for the senior manager to be so unaware and unprofessional. She blew my mind with her blissfully unaware attitude. Everyone is expected to clock into work early and clock out exactly at their end of shift and not a minute later because overtime is never approved even with a good reason. If you work overtime because it was busy they will tell you that you should of abandoned your co-worker and got away from the front to leave even if it was busy. A manager lied and blamed their staff and said it was the front desk who mixed up the guest reservation when the computer clearly marked it with their name. This is business as usual within the hotel. When it becomes busy the managers all hide away into their office space. No manager tries to teach the staff here and will rely on staff to teach others how everything works because the managers really do not know anything aside from being sneaky and sucking up.
Pros
Cons
Heavy Favoritism, Excruciating Hours, Poor/No Leadership, No Advancement, No Raises
The only good that came out of working for a Nova property was my fellow coworkers. They were definitely a great group of people you will ever know. You are overly worked and under paid, under valued. Management style is still stuck in the 1950s, with no future of change. I would not work for a Nova property again.
Pros
Fellow Staff Members
Cons
No Support From Upper Management, No Advancement, Over worked and Underpaid
Literally told me and another young associate to go *f*ck* ourselves, If i didnt need the money for my university bills i wouldnt work for them really. Gave me anxiety the whole time I was there especially my filipino older coworkers.
Pros
Cons
Work Bullying
If you want to be yelled at swears at treated badly then work for nova hotel. Honestly Don't work there because the management will never support you they will treat you horrible, you have no value at all., this is a family own the business and they get rich because they don't increase the stuff wages , people who work for them has no value and replaceable and that's the what's happening at nova inn hotel, the lady who managed nova inn in Acheson has no management experience at all she is a manger in that hotel because she is a sister of the owner ,
Cons
Their executive team is led by two sisters who know nothing about Hotels. Their Accounting is laughable. Worst they're cheap, they dont give bonuses, raises are near impossible, and benefits dont even include optical. Most importantly they dont reinvest in their product. If you are a serious hotelier avoid this company.
Pros
Cons
What few good people they had left
The company will work you to the bone - long solo shifts or shifts with no support from managers. Senior management does not care about their employees. The company is an all profit 'who-you-know' business and you will never see any raise or promotion from within. The employees are amazing to work with. Every day is like coming home to a family.
Pros
Good shifts, great co-workers
Cons
Poor management
i liked working there. it was a fast pasted environment . room for advancement. management was good to work for. They(management) helped with overall with any issues.
Best job I ever had. It's very relaxed and the large amount of down-time is perfect if you're taking online courses or have another hobby. The people I worked with were awesome and the management was great. My only complaints were that my hours would sometimes be dramatically changed with little warning, but it always went back to normal before too long.
I am learning and developing my professional through different projects.the coworkers are very friendly and helpful. the management is responsible for what they do.
Most people dread going to work, but working at Nova never felt like a job. The new manager makes sure everyone leaves with a smile and their head office treat you like a family.
Pros
Staff lunches, great staff, room for advancement
Cons
Communication between H.O and hotels.