Nova Hotels Employee Reviews

Managers have favoritism
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT7 January 2019
Literally told me and another young associate to go *f*ck* ourselves, If i didnt need the money for my university bills i wouldnt work for them really. Gave me anxiety the whole time I was there especially my filipino older coworkers.
Pros
Cons
Work Bullying
Don't work there.
Stuff (Former Employee) –  Acheson12 October 2018
If you want to be yelled at swears at treated badly then work for nova hotel. Honestly Don't work there because the management will never support you they will treat you horrible, you have no value at all., this is a family own the business and they get rich because they don't increase the stuff wages , people who work for them has no value and replaceable and that's the what's happening at nova inn hotel, the lady who managed nova inn in Acheson has no management experience at all she is a manger in that hotel because she is a sister of the owner ,
Mickey mouse
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta28 July 2018
Their executive team is led by two sisters who know nothing about Hotels. Their Accounting is laughable.
Worst they're cheap, they dont give bonuses, raises are near impossible, and benefits dont even include optical. Most importantly they dont reinvest in their product.
If you are a serious hotelier avoid this company.
Pros
Cons
What few good people they had left
5 years no raises
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 June 2018
The company will work you to the bone - long solo shifts or shifts with no support from managers.

Senior management does not care about their employees. The company is an all profit 'who-you-know' business and you will never see any raise or promotion from within.

The employees are amazing to work with. Every day is like coming home to a family.
Pros
Good shifts, great co-workers
Cons
Poor management
A great job if you like night shift. Lots of down time, so make sure you have something to stay busy with.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB25 May 2017
Best job I ever had. It's very relaxed and the large amount of down-time is perfect if you're taking online courses or have another hobby. The people I worked with were awesome and the management was great. My only complaints were that my hours would sometimes be dramatically changed with little warning, but it always went back to normal before too long.
good working environment
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 July 2015
I am learning and developing my professional through different projects.the coworkers are very friendly and helpful. the management is responsible for what they do.
The Nova Family
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB8 July 2015
Most people dread going to work, but working at Nova never felt like a job. The new manager makes sure everyone leaves with a smile and their head office treat you like a family.
Pros
Staff lunches, great staff, room for advancement
Cons
Communication between H.O and hotels.