Nottawasaga Inn Resort

Nottawasaga Inn Resort Employee Reviews

Canada56 reviews
This is not an easy job per say. It is physically demanding, days can be long, however I feel very accomplished at the end of the day. We work as a team to get the work done.
Working as a team player and every one always respect Ed each other always helpful people great moral and atmosphere good supervisors and managers vacuuming rooms cleaning bathroom and tubs showers sinks dusting all surfaces and cleaning glass and mirrors changing bed linen replacement of cups coffee and tea and soaps
Pros
Team work and respect for our team
Cons
Very fun and relaxed place to work. Great management and very supportive work environment. Very good place to improve on customer service and communication skills.
a very great place to work it had great management and I learned a lot from the people I worked with, they made it easy and helped me along with way when I didn't understand something
In the Banquet department it was slow paced for the most part, but very fast paced and sometimes stressful during dinner services. Many opportunities as they put you in multiple departments.
I really like working here, it was slow and relaxing. sometimes it gets busy. I would definitely recommend to other. the management is also really great!
I love working here the people are great the pay cheques kind of suck we work hard a d should be getting paid more but overall I do like it and for me it's close to home
Working here was pretty good, made some new friends, learned new jobs overall it was a nice experience. Also other employees and managers are so friendly. Working here was never booring.
Good learning skills

Fun place to work

Good hours are given during the BUSY seasons

Pay is different to all departments but it is fairly good
I was basically a slave working this job. I was so exhausted after the 12 hour shifts that I would sleep for 12 hours just to come back again... this job still gives me nightmares over 3 years later... dont sign the contract or you're trapped for at least 2 weeks!!!
One of the best places to work. Very friendly even family like environment. Lots of diversity and respect for the multicultural work environment. I automatically felt like part of a team and fell in love with the people who work there, I’m so happy to be a able to work with such a wonderful group of people. Another benefit is that they offer great discounts for stays at the hotel, golfing and fitness for the employees who work here. I definitely recommend anyone who is looking for a job in the hospitality industry to come and apply, this is a beautiful resort with fantastic people and lots benefits, truly a great place to work.

Michelle Kennedy
Pros
Great people to work with and meeting new people all the time.
My job was in maintenance and I worked for the Nottawasaga for 14 years and retired recently. Each day was different, my work included repairing damaged Dry wall, wallpaper, kitchen equipment, electrical failures, plumbing leaks, fine woodwork and some welding. I learned much about the business and extended my knowledge in the field of building maintenance. I enjoyed new challenges and problem solving, especially with machines with which I unfamiliar. The most frustrating part was trying to source parts from external companies to make repairs. The most enjoyable part was to see elements in the Hotel that I had made or installed and know that they would be there for many years to come.
Pros
Fantastic friendly workforce
Cons
Shifts
Answering our reservations lines. Giving information regarding availability, rates, packages and making reservations.Working with
our convention office in securing room reservations for groups,

weddings and sport groups (hockey tournaments).

Working when needed at the front office.

At the end of the day making sure all calls and messages are

answered.
Pros
Management and staff
Cons
Wishing some days for a little more help on very busy days.
I love working at the Nottawasaga Inn Resort. It is a great place to work if you want to grow in your career. Great work place to learn from different departments. Sometimes long hours are needed just like in any hospitality business but, hey! who said good things in life come easy. Management is supportive and understanding. Staff in general is friendly and great to work with, as per the owners, they are understanding, humble and always welcoming. Since day 1 it has been a pleasure to be part of the Nottawasaga Inn team.
There are many employees who have been working there for over 20 years and that says something in itself.

They were super flexible with me when I decided to go to college and they gave me a schedule that allowed me to have a good balance of work and school life.

The Biffis family are kind and caring to their employees and often have appreciation days etc.

If you are an adult who can be on time and complete the job description you were given you will truly enjoy working here.

If you are self entitled and lazy it's not the Nottawasaga Inn that's the problem, it's you.
The Nottawasaga had flexible part time hours allowing for activities outside of work. The staff ensure a happy and productive workspace. Management is unorganized.
What can I say about this place. So much potential but completely out of touch with service culture and what the hospitality industry stands for. Management here are atrocious and you really can't fault them because I look at the top for leadership ie. the ownership group. With the exception of one owner I don't have anything really nice to say about the other 4 owners. If staff do a good thing or make a customer happy then you should be at least rewarded or recognized for it and not be reprimanded for it. All of the renovations are nice and they truly want to upgrade and keep up in the resort industry. Let's face it without the staff that work hard here on a daily basis, all of the renovations is lipstick on a pig. There are a handful of long-term employees with the mindset that they can dictate policies and do what they want because they have been here forever. The bullying that I have seen both during the day and overnight is really sad and is harmful to the service culture they try to portray.

I don't want to sound negative as I have had some good times here and met some great people. I'm just very disappointed in the way this played out and honestly felt this way my only way to vent and give people here an honest opinion of my time spent here.
Pros
Somewhat edible soup, Employee Christmas Party
Cons
Not knowing schedule until it is released, lack of clear defined leadership from the ownership group, terrible service culture, gossip mill that runs rampant here.
Great co-workers, nice people. I enjoyed working there. Managers were nice, customers were great (most of the time). It's funny to see fat men try to get free bacon when they get their kid to grab a plate FULL, then try to convince server they only should get charged for the "Cold" buffet. (Claiming they only had cereal)
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours
Formed many new friendships and built very strong camaraderie. A typical day in the life of a housekeeper required commitment and strengths in many different departments ranging from cleanliness to social aspect.
I lasted 3 weeks, made to feel completely stupid on a daily basis, they talk to you like you're an idiot. And I was a supervisor! Management is horrid, they treat housekeepers awful.
Owners of resort are snobby cheapskates that pay lousy wages and expect maximum work plus some.

Best avoid working here if you can.
Pros
None come to mind
Cons
Theres simply not enough room here
Working at the Nottawasaga Inn was great. A typical night for me was providing coat check for the guests and also serving them with food. I also answered questions they may have asked. Overall working there was a great opportunity for me as it taught me the skills of working with others and working with customers or guests.