NortonLifeLock

NortonLifeLock Employee Reviews

Canada24 reviews
I had great experience at Symantec until last year. It started with Greg Clark our Ex-CEO leaving the company and they brought Rick Hill to split and sell the company into pieces. They sold the main core parts along with the Enterprise devision sale and renamed the company as NortonLifeLock. Currently, we operate as a platform company providing just the licensing and UI layer.

The current middle level management does not have any clue on what to do next and trying to save each other by projecting work to upper management that is not realistic. The Engineers are trying to leave and it is bring down the morale of the teams as no work is being done.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
No direction
Very rigid management style and very biased toward employee promotion based on religion, looks, etc. They do not care if a team member is lagging behind or if someone is taking advantage until you report to HR. Once report, HR is phenomenal!!!
it has a good work/life balance, the team manage respect the empolyee's suggestion and desicion. But the company leader is not focusing on how to lead the company on the right way.
It was a great overall experience during the 11 years I was with Symantec. I started as a jr. and advanced/developed along the way to higher positions and salary as well.
I absolutely loved the culture and people that I worked with (although a lot of the time it was remote with teammates and bosses out in the US). It did feel lonely at times working from home though. However the flexibility was a big factor to continue working at this company.
A very demanding work culture, with heightened expectations from technical staff. Never a dull week and the need to deal with reasonable pressure from both customers and management.
I had learned a lot for the time I spent at Symantec Canada.
Management and ex coworkers went out their way and were very helpful when I had issues or needed help.
Symantec provides an environment where you get out what you put in. There are significant rewards and opportunities for hardwork an dedication. The benefits are significantly better than most companies however the salaries are less then average.
Benefits
Excellent place to work. relaxed and self-paced with a good amount of collaboration with other groups. Good timely support by the various product engineering groups.
Very stressful, no collaboration, no management... I would not have recommended Symantec when I worked there. Perhaps it has changed but at my time it was very challenging.
Pros
not much
Cons
super political
Symantec was my first foray into Information Technology, back in 2011, and it was a leap of faith that I do not regret! The company had a 5000+ strong sales force and we were put through an intense training at Mountainview in California. I met some amazing folks and still speak with some of them to this day. For this position, we were given a structured territory and expected to address all existing/upcoming renewals as well as taking inquiries from partners and their clients through the channel. We had regularly-scheduled one-on-ones with our manager in order to track our progress and were provided with suggestions on how to improve which was very helpful and appreciated. I learned how to independently pull conversations together using my technical pre-sales resources, who were quite busy with their enterprise-level deals, but were alsway willing to lend a helping hand so that we could provide accurate and timely answers to our small and medium business clients. I really enjoyed the bi-weekly sales meetings with the larger team (SMB, mid market and ENT) which usually started off with our country manager bringing the energy to the room and getting us all excited for the following couple of weeks. Q & A allowed us to ask him directly what might be on the agenda in terms of changes or product development, and I found that portion to be very revealing and of great value. What I found quite difficult to accept was the limitations on my smaller team in capping of the opportunities we could address ourselves, as anything over a certain threshold in revenue would have to be passed - more...
Pros
Team atmosphere, great benefits, constant feedback and coaching
Cons
cutthroat environment, limits on opportunities based on revenue, challenges with red tape
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at NortonLifeLock?
The hardest part of working for Symantec is that it requires long hours depending on the department you are in. Traveling 25-60% of the time might be hard to you especially when you have young children. Overall, the environment is great and they build team spirit!!!
Pros
Work from home ability
Cons
Lots of travelling
It is a great place.

Salary is competitive including benefits.

Life / work balance is great

New CEO seems to know how to run a technical company like Symantec
Great hours where you helped customers as you continued to improve your skills. Working as a team helped each day to complete some tasks. Very comfortable work environment allow in to be seated or standing
Pros
You could improve your skills
Cons
Mostly just indoors
It is a political battleground. Continuous management change has left insecurity, loss of talent resulting company saddled with aging products.
Pros
It use to ba great place to work
Cons
bad management and aging product.
Symantec is a great employer for the Eugene/Springfield area. There are many opportunities for advancement and working with diverse people around the world.
OK place to work, it also depends on the department you are in. Its not the whole company. For the past 4 to 5 years, the company has gone through several rounds of restructuring and layoffs.
Pros
Free Starbuck
Cons
Salaries not in par with the market
I enjoyed my time at SYMC but unfortunately they are pretty unstable right now. Too many corporate changes and constant rotation of senior leadership makes it difficult to feel comfortable.
good team work

complex system architecture

Rooms for skills growth.

Offers work life balance. Good management , fair practices.
its a software not a company.we installed it to make a dayly backup
Symantec is a great company if you work in the right organization, the problem is that Saudi Branch Manager is supported by his manager in Dubai and making Lobby.

The technology is good, but onboarding process is very poor in the middle east
Pros
Good Wages, People are Friendly
Cons
No processes
‘I know what I need to achieve and I am allowed to determine how best to achieve it. This draws on my skills as a manager which makes me feel valued as an employee.
pros