Northwoodcare Inc.

Northwoodcare Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
I was only a volunteer
I really liked working at Northwood working with dementia patients although hard not to get attached. My only complaint is I was a paid employee rather than a volunteer.
Pros
Great welcome atmosphere
Cons
No paid positions for admin
you will learn a lot here
you will learn a lot here, how to care mostly for elderly and resident with dementia, good work culture if you are in the same area. hardest part of the job when being short staffed which happened most of the time. most enjoyable time is meeting with different residents.
Some wonderful, hard working, and dedicated staff
The overall organization is amazing. Wonderful home for the residents.
The only complaint that makes this not such a great place to work at is some of the management are not professional or respectful or civil to all staff. They have their favorites. Some of the managers are very manipulative and intimidating. This makes for a very unpleasant and unhealthy place to work.
Good
Nice place to work , staff and clients are really amazing , most of the time short staffed . Makes more workload .benefits and overall things are good ,.
Friendly Environment
Everyone is super friendly and enjoyable to be around. The staff is helpful and the residents are fun to do activities with. This was a great experience for a summer job in my studying profession.
Friendly and meet lots of people
As a recreation therapist assistant, I helped run programs provided to the residents and got to meet and interact with many unique individuals. Everyone is super friendly and helpful if you have a question.
Many places for residents to sit and relax or play board games etc
Northwood is a great place to work, staff are easy to get along with and management are great. Residents are wonderful, extra parking would be great there.
Pros
location is perfect
Excellent leadership with transparency
Management are fantastic and transparent in their approach. Staff are engaged and happy. Great medical/dental/life insurance plan as well. Northwood has great reach in the community with a fantastic Community Engagement program that reaches hundreds of people in the surrounding community.
Pros
Eduational opportunities, culture, organization
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Northwoodcare Inc.?
Its ok
Northwood is a great place to work! The residents and staff are somewhat easy to get along with and they also can be somewhat accommodationing! But overall a good place to work!
Pretty toxic
Felt like a contestant on the big brother show. It entertained me for the most part, on the other rotation I felt as if I was a cast member on a very dysfunctional American television sit-com.
Northwood excellent employer
Northwood excellent employer

Supportive working environment

Inservices to educate nurses

Good management

flexible working environment

7 weeks paid vacation/stats yearly
Resident focused instituion.
Working at Northwood for the past 24 years has provided me with opportunities to develop current registration/educational requirements needed to maintain the evolving role of the LPN.

As Northwood is a large facility, staff have the opportunity to become involved in numerous committees/programs that keeps them more closely involved with one another as well as our residents outside of regular work hours and daily duties.

The most enjoyable part of my job at Northwood was without a doubt the residents. So many faces, and so many wonderful stories. With the majority of the residents being seniors, their life stories have been both sad and inspiring. Respect for our seniors and the contributions they have made to our current life styles and freedoms gave me a gratitude that enhances my job as a LPN.
Very high stress
My first few years at this job I was head Administrator for the Nursing Department. I was responsible for all office administration for the entire Nursing department. I then had my first baby and left the nursing department and transferred into the Staffing Office for the Nursing department as Senior Staffing Coordinator. I learned much in this position. How to juggle work schedules and keep within Union rights for Nurses, LPN's and PCW's. My co-workers with excellent and all enjoyed working together. The hardest part of this job was filling in positions with lack of qualified staff. Most enjoyable part of this job was doing the same thing.
Pros
Many learning opportunities
Cons
Shift work
very good place to work
Different shifts available, many courses offered, perhaps a little too much management, excellent co-workers, good team work. Most enjoyable part of the job is making a resident happy.
Pros
good benefits, good salary.
Cons
working short staffed
Friendly environtment
Love to work here, Resident/patient focus and a friendly environment
Pros
resident focus care
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwoodcare Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2