A very demanding position in an isolated envirnoment
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) – Nunavut, Canada – 17 October 2014
1. A typical day involved travel (or preparation thereof) to remote communitiies; work involved project management (overseeing work of contractors & subcontractors), equipment installations and testing/commissioning of the same, etc.
2. Project management good experience as was learning testing procedures and methodologies during the commissioning stage.
3. Co-workers usually were those with a technical background involved with powerhouse construction & commissioning or powerhouse attendants who lived locally and were caretakers of the powerhouse & facilities.
4. One drawback about working in Canada's far north is the cold temperatures, long winters and desolate / barren envirnoment.
5. Meeting and mingling with the people - Canada's Inuk - was different and awesome!