Northwest Fire Rescue & Training

• Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility

Loved working there

I worked and trained at NWFR and would loved to work for them again. They came through on every promise they made, you are paid exactly how it is outlined in the hiring package, you can get a lot of training from them and advance up within the company. The Chiefs passion is teaching anything about firefighting. The work is hard! It’s long days, you’re working from home, you are pushed and stretched till you become a better firefighter and or medic. I am not related to the family that runs the company this was my experience working with them. The officers are incredibly passionate about teaching, firefighting and ensuring they are providing excellent care to their patients.

Pros

Training, competitive wages

Cons

Long hours, hard work, not guaranteed work because it’s the oil patch

Broken promises

Ever wonder why their alway hiring, definitely something to think about before leaving your current job to give them a try. High turnover of employees, when you start they make lots of promises but don’t always follow through. There are way better options to get your start in firefighting. If it seems too good to be true it usually is

Pros

You get to call yourself a fire fighter

Cons

You’ll never be able to use them as a reference or put on a resume

Competitive Salary and Great Team Enviornment

I have worked at NWFR for many years and believe that it is a great place to work. The team is very motivated and are always being given opportunities to improve skills and acquire new levels of training. Entry level positions do not offer great compensation but members are offered salaries after getting experience and meeting training requirements. I receive a competitive salary and benefits and am very satisfied with my job.

Pros

Competitive salary, saving lives, free training

Cons

Low starting wage, a few rig-pigs flow through and make the environment unpleasant from time to time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northwest Fire Rescue & Training. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1