Northway Bus Lines Employee Reviews

Good Place To Work With Your Kids
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Val Caron, ON24 January 2019
I got major child care experience from driving bus. Having my two little ones made a difference too. I have to say saving for daycare is a drag but bringing them on the bus is a major plus.
Pros
Great Work Place and I get to bring my kids
Cons
No benefits, No Z, Short hours
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Val Caron, ON8 January 2019
I like interacting with my co-workers and hearing them on the CB radio. I love to drive and the students are awesome. I was proud of myself for learning how to drive a bus. The hardest part of the job is keeping your eyes on the road while driving and making sure the students are sitting in their seats properly. There is a lot of distractions and you have to learn to keep yourself focussed on driving safely. The most enjoyable part of the job is the students and listening to them telling about their day.
Pros
I can park my bus at home
Cons
no medical benefits
Fun with kids
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Val Caron, ON2 January 2019
Northway is such an easy going job. Dispatch r easy to talk to & get along with. The boss is always there if u need anything. Driver’s are all ages so easy to get along with everyone.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Split hrs & not enough drivers
Would have never left
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Val Caron, ON18 May 2018
I loved my job with Northway Bus Lines. I would still be driving there today if I hadn't relocated for my husbands job.
I was trained how to drive and obtained my licence at Northway. I was quickly give my own route that allowed me to take my kids with me or pick them up at their bus stop. It fit so well into my life and helped me return to work after having children without worrying about the cost of childcare.
Management was always positive and had your back. They would offer extra training if need be and were always there with open ears.
Co-workers weren't always as positive. Most of them wanted more money. But really, who doesn't.
The hardest part of the job was driving children with behavior issues but they were usually dealt with promptly if reported properly.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the kids and parents and having all of the happy kids greet you in the morning. They were always so happy to see me.
I also really liked having the mid day to myself to throw a kayak in the lake and go for a paddle while the kids were in school and having the time to prep supper.
Pros
Very rewarding job
Cons
short hours
Excellent company with a lot of support
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Val Caron, ON25 December 2016
Excellent company to work for, the others are there to help you not matter what the situation and there is always someone willing to help things go easier. The mechanics are always ready to get you out of situations as well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northway Bus Lines. Our community is ready to answer.

Northway Bus Lines Reviews by Job Title