Northumberland Hills Hospital Employee Reviews

Engaging workplace
Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON5 December 2017
I loved my NHH family. Great atmosphere, co-workers and patients received top notch care. Difficult to get full-time work as the positions are held until retirement and small hospital in a growing community. I learned that when you try to succeed you will succeed. I worked part-time and learned almost all aspects of reception/ward clerk duties in the hospital. I met a lot of dedicated, hard working Drs, nurses, support services and worked hard to contribute to the success of patient care.
Pros
staff
Cons
Part time, difficult to get full-time
Fast-paced busy environment --- work days fly by!
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON7 October 2017
Every day tends to be interesting. I enjoy interacting with the patients and their families. Most employees are welcoming and friendly. I love that my job has a variety of different tasks to be completed in a day.
Fun and informative workplace
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON5 May 2017
Even where there is a lot of patients the environment at my workplace is fun. I learn new things everyday and work on the things I already know. I get to do things like using the computer software and talking to patients to keep them calm.
Pros
Fun and informative
Very well paying job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON2 May 2017
Lots of hours and good people on staff. up to date with all whmis. lots of products on hand. Pays very well. The only bad part for me was seeing sadness and death.
Pros
great pay
Cons
Cant take back some sad things you see
Friendly and helpful staff at NHH
Infection Prevention and Control Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Ontario24 April 2017
I have worked as an RN on most of the floors at NHH and have had many interactions with unionized staff, HR and management. I would say that the staff are wonderful and work as a team.
Pros
wonderful co-workers
Cons
working through meal breaks on occasion
Very Busy
Medical Laboratory Assistant/Technician (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON7 February 2017
Good rapport with coworkers
Often felt understaffed - too much work not enough hands
Management was approachable and receptive to open conversations but did not have working knowledge of the scope and duties of the team members.
Felt harassed by different departments at times for not moving fast enough -
Excellent place to work
I.T. Help Desk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON8 December 2016
Very friendly and cultural community. People work very hard despite financial struggles.

I am responsible for the smooth day-to-day operations of all system functions for Northumberland Hills Hospital and it's affiliates including, Northumberland Hills Hospital Foundation, Partners Advancing Transitions In Healthcare (PATH), and Northumberland Hills Hospital Community Mental Health Services.
Professional and Respectful working environment
Research Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ontario9 March 2016
I only held a volunteer position at NHH but it was very pleasant. The volunteer staff were accommodating and everyone was very kind.
Pros
Quiet environment
Cons
Isolated offices
challenging work environment, great staff
Registered Nurse in Post-Acute Specialty Services (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON23 July 2014
full pt care in mornings, supportive unit manager, staffing issues and fairness of giving out shifts, love working in a community hospital, great support from local community members
Compassionate and caring professionals!
RN MED/SURG FLOOR (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON9 April 2014
Working at nhh is wonderful. I feel I am part of team that is really making a contribution to public health.
Clean, Friendly people, supportive working environment
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON25 November 2013
I work on a Rehabilitation floor at Cobourg Hospital. I absolutely love working there. It is a 30- 40 minute drive for me, I wish it was closer. I don't mind commuting though. I love the people at the hospital they are so friendly and inviting. Management has been making some changes and trying to make the environment more positive and to support our workplace practices to make it a more positive and stress-free environment. I really love the hospital setting and how it is like a tight-knit community of people. You really become close to the people you work with and begin to feel like a family. I have nothing but positive things to say about my workplace. I enjoy it very much working there as an RPN, and would love to further my career as an RPN working as a scrub nurse.
Pros
very nice people, great work environment
Cons
Advancement is very hard to get
Multidisciplinary work place
Addictions and Mental Health Student (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON30 October 2013
* mental health student Monday to Friday
* Contacted clients to book intake assessments as well as performing intake assessments
* Worked with the ACT team visiting clients in their homes and helping with medication management was well as activities of daily living
* Most enjoyable part was seeing clients recover and become mentally well, the hardest part was seeing clients who were not benefiting from medication and start to deteriorate
* The staff were all very welcoming and eager to share their knowledge with me as a student
* I gained an immense amount of knowledge about the mental health system, interventions, and the importance of professional rapport with clients and their families
Fantastic place to have my Internship!!
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON25 July 2012
After finishing my Laboratory Technician course I spent a 6 week job placement with this hospital. I learned so much from them and I was able to have complete hands on with all the different areas of a technician. Phlebotomy and microbiology, chemistry and hematology departments.

I would have loved to gain a position.
Pros
fantastic place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northumberland Hills Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4