Northumberland Hills Hospital

Northumberland Hills Hospital Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews
Great opportunity to work in multiple areas
Excellent Dr's and nurses, faced paced and continually implementing new equipment and techniques.
A great place to work especially if you are looking to expand your skill set, NHH provides training and education in many different areas
Fun place to work, however did not utilize my full scope of practice
The hospital was a nice size, not too busy. However, being an RPN, my scope of practice was not used to its full scope as per restrictive policies. I found I became bored quickly, and I need to keep busy.
5 star all the way!!!!!
Great place to work! Lots of opportunities for education. This workplace values respect, integrity, teamwork, quality and compassion.
This is a teaching hospital and we often have groups of students and consolidating students.

It is not unusual to have an employee retire and come back in a casual position.
Nhh
12h shifts part time. will call for shifts almost daily. small community within hospital. able to pick which unit works best for you. great nursing team to rely on.
Engaging workplace
I loved my NHH family. Great atmosphere, co-workers and patients received top notch care. Difficult to get full-time work as the positions are held until retirement and small hospital in a growing community. I learned that when you try to succeed you will succeed. I worked part-time and learned almost all aspects of reception/ward clerk duties in the hospital. I met a lot of dedicated, hard working Drs, nurses, support services and worked hard to contribute to the success of patient care.
Pros
staff
Cons
Part time, difficult to get full-time
Fast-paced busy environment --- work days fly by!
Every day tends to be interesting. I enjoy interacting with the patients and their families. Most employees are welcoming and friendly. I love that my job has a variety of different tasks to be completed in a day.
Fun and informative workplace
Even where there is a lot of patients the environment at my workplace is fun. I learn new things everyday and work on the things I already know. I get to do things like using the computer software and talking to patients to keep them calm.
Pros
Fun and informative
Very well paying job
Lots of hours and good people on staff. up to date with all whmis. lots of products on hand. Pays very well. The only bad part for me was seeing sadness and death.
Pros
great pay
Cons
Cant take back some sad things you see
Friendly and helpful staff at NHH
I have worked as an RN on most of the floors at NHH and have had many interactions with unionized staff, HR and management. I would say that the staff are wonderful and work as a team.
Pros
wonderful co-workers
Cons
working through meal breaks on occasion
Very Busy
Good rapport with coworkers
Often felt understaffed - too much work not enough hands

Management was approachable and receptive to open conversations but did not have working knowledge of the scope and duties of the team members.

Felt harassed by different departments at times for not moving fast enough -
Excellent place to work
Very friendly and cultural community. People work very hard despite financial struggles.

I am responsible for the smooth day-to-day operations of all system functions for Northumberland Hills Hospital and it's affiliates including, Northumberland Hills Hospital Foundation, Partners Advancing Transitions In Healthcare (PATH), and Northumberland Hills Hospital Community Mental Health Services.
Professional and Respectful working environment
I only held a volunteer position at NHH but it was very pleasant. The volunteer staff were accommodating and everyone was very kind.
Pros
Quiet environment
Cons
Isolated offices
challenging work environment, great staff
full pt care in mornings, supportive unit manager, staffing issues and fairness of giving out shifts, love working in a community hospital, great support from local community members
Compassionate and caring professionals!
Working at nhh is wonderful. I feel I am part of team that is really making a contribution to public health.
Clean, Friendly people, supportive working environment
I work on a Rehabilitation floor at Cobourg Hospital. I absolutely love working there. It is a 30- 40 minute drive for me, I wish it was closer. I don't mind commuting though. I love the people at the hospital they are so friendly and inviting. Management has been making some changes and trying to make the environment more positive and to support our workplace practices to make it a more positive and stress-free environment. I really love the hospital setting and how it is like a tight-knit community of people. You really become close to the people you work with and begin to feel like a family. I have nothing but positive things to say about my workplace. I enjoy it very much working there as an RPN, and would love to further my career as an RPN working as a scrub nurse.
Pros
very nice people, great work environment
Cons
Advancement is very hard to get
Multidisciplinary work place
* mental health student Monday to Friday
* Contacted clients to book intake assessments as well as performing intake assessments

* Worked with the ACT team visiting clients in their homes and helping with medication management was well as activities of daily living

* Most enjoyable part was seeing clients recover and become mentally well, the hardest part was seeing clients who were not benefiting from medication and start to deteriorate

* The staff were all very welcoming and eager to share their knowledge with me as a student

* I gained an immense amount of knowledge about the mental health system, interventions, and the importance of professional rapport with clients and their families
Fantastic place to have my Internship!!
After finishing my Laboratory Technician course I spent a 6 week job placement with this hospital. I learned so much from them and I was able to have complete hands on with all the different areas of a technician. Phlebotomy and microbiology, chemistry and hematology departments.

I would have loved to gain a position.
Pros
fantastic place to work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northumberland Hills Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4