Northstar Frontier Services

Northstar Frontier Services Employee Reviews

Canada6 reviews
What a fantastic company to work for. Competitive pay, friendly staff and management. They really do care about their employees and it shows. They offer a rare but critical service to the railroads and they do it with pride.
Pros
Work life balance, great pay, benefits
Cons
Only problem with this gig is the hours. Other then that everything else is exceptional.

Possibly a pay raise for the employees as well would be very nice.
I worked for the company as a cook for one and a half seasons. Everything was peachy keen as long as they needed you. They used me to get through the busy part of the season, after that, no word back from anyone regarding getting back on. They seem pretty happy to keep employees in the dark and use certain situations to their advantage. I would recommend working for them as a last resort.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
The company treats you like a number instead of an employee
Worked for 2 seasons camp cook loved it great experience and excellent support team in Sudbury long hours but fun and challenging environment not for the faint of hart
Pros
paid overtime room and board
Cons
lonely at times
This was a unique job, A regular job shift would be taking the train to an icolated location, setting up the rail carts and generators to get power going, ensuring everything was in optimal running and living condition for the CN employee's, after one week of preparing then the CN employees would come on board for one more week, my job duties would be fixing any problems with lights, heat, satellite tv, toilet and toilet systems keeping generators running and then after a 2 week period would return home for 6 days off, This was a great job, I got layed off and due to management problems and people leaving the company I did not get called back.
Pros
overtime pay
Cons
travel time not paid
The staff was supportive about me attending school and willing to help with learning process.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Northstar Frontier Services?