Northstar Frontier Services Employee Reviews

Excellent Job, Not the best hours
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Jasper, AB24 July 2018
Only problem with this gig is the hours. Other then that everything else is exceptional.

Possibly a pay raise for the employees as well would be very nice.
Only good to company when they need you.
First cook (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, on20 November 2016
I worked for the company as a cook for one and a half seasons. Everything was peachy keen as long as they needed you. They used me to get through the busy part of the season, after that, no word back from anyone regarding getting back on. They seem pretty happy to keep employees in the dark and use certain situations to their advantage. I would recommend working for them as a last resort.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
The company treats you like a number instead of an employee
great job experience
Cook (Former Employee) –  Val Caron, ON27 May 2015
Worked for 2 seasons camp cook loved it great experience and excellent support team in Sudbury long hours but fun and challenging environment not for the faint of hart
Pros
paid overtime room and board
Cons
lonely at times
something new
Maintenance Labourer (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON9 March 2015
This was a unique job, A regular job shift would be taking the train to an icolated location, setting up the rail carts and generators to get power going, ensuring everything was in optimal running and living condition for the CN employee's, after one week of preparing then the CN employees would come on board for one more week, my job duties would be fixing any problems with lights, heat, satellite tv, toilet and toilet systems keeping generators running and then after a 2 week period would return home for 6 days off, This was a great job, I got layed off and due to management problems and people leaving the company I did not get called back.
Pros
overtime pay
Cons
travel time not paid
Excellent Learning Environment
Bookkeeper Assistant (Former Employee) –  Val Caron, ON15 January 2015
The staff was supportive about me attending school and willing to help with learning process.