Northlands Employee Review

worked with friends and goof off environment
Stewardess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 September 2013
Typical work day was putting on our jackets/ chef shirts, and then heading down to the dish pit/ kitchen, to find out what we needed to bring up to the banquet halls. we'd carry racks for putting glasses in and carts for plates. and sometimes the chefs would get us to push there portable ovens up to the banquet areas. Then once we got up there we'd set up our clearing tables behind the banquet, so that the public does not see us dealing with there dirty dishes. Once the event would start some of us would be chosen to plate pull, which was pulling the already made plates of food out of a hot oven.
Once they were all pulled out we'd start clearing or plates and pours out drinks and putting them in there racks. We'd continue on doing this until we had all of the eatery ready to pull back down stairs to the dish pit.
Hardest part standing and walking for any where between 8 to 10 hours and the handling of hot plates.
Most enjoyable would be the working with friends staff were friendly.
Pros
lunch provided
Cons
long hours, very low pay.

Other Northlands Employee Reviews

Life at Northlands
Area supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2018
I was there for 6.5 years and wish it wouldn't have ended. It was like a family there; Always fun and a new experience everyday. Getting to see different events and meet all the different people was such a wonderful experience.
Great
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 March 2018
I loved working there it was fabulous, I enjoyed the work environment and the people were friendly and understanding. I loved the team based environment and all the support.