Northlander Industries Employee Reviews for Laborer

Don't plan a future here
General Labour - Interior Wall builder (Former Employee) –  Exeter, ON22 April 2018
Expect to work long days with no lunch breaks and not have any job security. Most of the guys are great to work with but you can be fired for no reason at all.
Pros
overtime available
Cons
long hours, no job security, high turnover on staff
Productive and quality builder.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Exeter, ON, Canada15 January 2013
A typical day of work would involve the manufacturing of park model and manufactured houses. These houses were built on a line which put a large emphasis on production. However, Northlander Industries prides itself on building the most quality product of its kind in all of North America. Management continually stressed the importance of quality control. Therefore, I learned how to produce a quality product in the most efficient manor. I worked exterior to interior learning a wide range of carpentry skills from framing, sheeting, and roofing, to cabinet installation and trimming. The hardest part of the job was learning how to time manage in a manor that would allow for high levels of production while maintaining strict quality control guidelines. The most rewarding part of the job was seeing my skills build to the point where I could produce quality products at an efficient level.
Pros
start early, end early.
Cons
no room to grow.