Northlander Industries Employee Reviews

Fair Pay
ESTIMATOR (Current Employee) –  Exeter, ON25 March 2019
They pay fairly if you are in the office. Guys on the line get the short end of the stick. The general consensus is that the company does as little as it possibly can for the employees.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor culture
Just not safe
Labourer/Helper (Former Employee) –  Exeter, ON20 January 2019
They do what they can to make sure you don't get thru the first 3 months. If you do, you never make it to one year. It seems that is their mission. Cheaper than benefits.
Pros
a couple managers care
Cons
most of the people don't care.
productive good place to work
Foreman, Lead hand and labourer (Current Employee) –  Exeter, ON18 December 2018
I enjoyed my time at Northlander and was treated respectfully and always fully trained for every position I was given. The only problems I see at northlander is with respect to their promotions and the fact they are not done by tenure .
if you don`t have to work here, then don`t
Wall setter (Former Employee) –  Exeter, ON29 May 2018
very hard place to work. doesnt matter how many hours you work you only get 2 15 minute breaks. sit on a pail cause no lunch room.when you get hired its the luck of the draw as to where you will be put.they are on the 10 hourr shift that goes from the first long wkend to the last. DUSTY also.you work 48 hrs a week with only 4 paid overtime
Pros
days
Cons
Don't plan a future here
General Labour - Interior Wall builder (Former Employee) –  Exeter, ON22 April 2018
Expect to work long days with no lunch breaks and not have any job security. Most of the guys are great to work with but you can be fired for no reason at all.
Pros
overtime available
Cons
long hours, no job security, high turnover on staff
Productive and quality builder.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Exeter, ON, Canada15 January 2013
A typical day of work would involve the manufacturing of park model and manufactured houses. These houses were built on a line which put a large emphasis on production. However, Northlander Industries prides itself on building the most quality product of its kind in all of North America. Management continually stressed the importance of quality control. Therefore, I learned how to produce a quality product in the most efficient manor. I worked exterior to interior learning a wide range of carpentry skills from framing, sheeting, and roofing, to cabinet installation and trimming. The hardest part of the job was learning how to time manage in a manor that would allow for high levels of production while maintaining strict quality control guidelines. The most rewarding part of the job was seeing my skills build to the point where I could produce quality products at an efficient level.
Pros
start early, end early.
Cons
no room to grow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northlander Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7