Northfield IT Inc. Employee Reviews

Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 June 2016
This is a work environment that encourages training your peers, this is to avoid the issue where 1 person becomes the knowledge base for a specific property. Not only that, it obviously also helps everyone become better at their jobs in the long run so this is great!

To give some context, I originally came in with a front end developer background as a consultant but have now switched over to a DevOps role. I am learning every day and is a great place to build up on my new found skills.

The people here are all ridiculously smart and everyone is willing to help each other. Trust me when I say the people here are great!

On top of that, the office culture as a whole is very causal in the sense you do not have to where a suit to work every day. This makes me feel a lot more comfortable. Also, work/life balance is highly encouraged here.

The management here as well care about their employees and it really shows too. Truly a great place to further anyone's career!
Pros
Peer to peer training, Work/Life balance encouraged, Great office culture, Causal dress code
Cons
Timezone differences with clients, having to work some weekends (not all year)
Winnipeg's Best Tech Company
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 June 2016
I've been at Northfield IT for 6 months and I've loved every minute of it. I came here not knowing anything about the company or most of the technologies they use and I've learnt so much.

Everyday I'm presented with a new challenge that enhance my problem solving skills.

Daily I am tasked with monitoring server and application health, responding to user service requests and reviewing current processes/coming up with ideas to streamline them.

The coworkers are great at helping you come to a solution for the issue. You are never looked down upon if you accidentally break something. You are encouraged to learn from your mistakes and become a better employee because of them.

The hardest part of my job is admitting when I can't solve a problem. Thankfully the great staff here are always will to not only help solve the problem but coach you on the steps to take in the future to be able to solve it myself.

The most enjoyable part of the job is telling others what I do. I love being able to go home and say I've worked on code or pages that millions of people are seeing daily.
Pros
Flexible hours, Great Atmosphere, Safe to Fail
Cons
The office is a little crowded and old(They're moving soon though to a new state of the art office)
First 6 months here...so far so good!
Director of Architecture (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 April 2016
It's a rare sight in Winnipeg - continuous deployment in a truly devops environment. I've only read about this stuff in articles and papers about Netflix, Spotify, and Facebook. But we're actually doing it, at scale. We run the web properties for over 30 massive sports teams / leagues down in the US, with tens of millions of users hitting the web and apps all the time. The team is crazy smart, it's been a truly humbling experience. At the same time, everyone is super supportive and non-combative.

I never knew what I was missing. Don't join if you can't work inside a small, dynamic team where there are no formal titles or rank - this is how we gain our flexibility, but it can be grating on some personality types. For me, this is the perfect environment to master my craft - a place that encourages "safe to fail" and really lives by it.
Pros
Mortal Kombat machine in lobby, very flexible schedule, super smart co-workers, family type environment, fast growth
Cons
clients are all remote (US), lack of formal structure / hierarchy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northfield IT Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Northfield IT Inc. Reviews by Location