Northern Vision Development LP

• Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Growing company

Lots has changed over the years, but NVD is still a reputable company to work with and will offer a rewarding experience for anyone that works for them.

Fun place to work, the management not so much

The environment and other employees here make this a fun place to work at times, however almost every single manager or person in power I've met here makes it more than clear they don't see their employees as people but more so as tools to help them make more money. Low wage for employees, getting yelled at for simple mistakes, always having to do more than asked and rarely getting treated decently made this a very stressful place to work.

Official response from Northern Vision Development LP

25 April 2022
Sorry to hear about your experience. If you'd like to reach out for an anonymous exit interview I'd love to get more specific feedback from you. Front line employees are our lifeblood and we truly want to do more to make it a better place to work. Meaningful changes take time and require communication, so if you have the capacity I encourage you to reach out. rgillespie@nvdlp.com.

The sky is the limit, and the team lifts you to get there!

I took on my role with NVD because I felt it was the best opportunity in all of the Yukon to grow and grow, be supported to learn and take on more, and never ever get bored. I was right! I feel very supported by the management team, and I feel NVD's trajectory is just to get better and better.

Pros

Hotel Discounts, Amazing benefits packages, killer staff parties, wonderful people

Cons

growing pains, not great for people who don't know how to say no.

Always growing and succeeding

Fantastic company to work for. Supportive management and opportunities to grow every single year. NVD has grown significantly over the years and are ever expanding which means there are always new job opportunities.

Loyal, Challenging, and Exciting

Through a pandemic you can truly see the power of the people that make this company and culture. While there is still some ways to go, this company has an entrepreneurial spirit that almost forces you to think on your feet, create ways to make the company better but aligned with a sense of purpose in the community. It is important to ensure that relationships are strong with everything we do and we recognize as leaders and not followers. A big part of many employees still being with NVD are the opportunities we have been afforded despite possibly the need to reskill in a different area or region in the company. Leadership is almost loyal to a fault when it comes to dedicated employees.During my tenure, I have seen countless other colleagues grow and thrive through the years with their careers. While many have gone on to other successful ventures, there are many more who are still with the company and have seen shifts in positions, divisions, or locations. Every day is different as new opportunities or challenges arise. Being part of a larger company in a small population puts alot of pressure to ensure we do the right thing, say the right thing, and act in the benefits of all stakeholders.

Pros

Work/Life balance. Fun people. Community orientated. Challenging.

Cons

Because it is still entrepreneurial, often many items are delegated that you have to figure out on your own.

Avoid if you can

While the people I worked with day-to-day were great, the upper management and main office politics were destructive and petty. Unless some major changes have occurred with management I would avoid like the plague. You can get the same experience with YG and it'll pay better.

Pros

Hotel staff and supervisors are great

Cons

Upper management is a trainwreck

Terrible company

One of the worst run company’s in Whitehorse. Don’t trust them at all. Only care about making the top brass extra money. Use employees and work them into the ground then throw them away. Total lack of care or respect for community

Supportive Work Environment and experienced colleagues

Coming to the office everyday and getting to learn something new is what I strive for. NVD LP has not only helped me become financially stable but also the work I do is satisfying and does not feel like burden at all. Thanks to the supportive colleagues and seniors. I love the fact that NVD focuses on work life balance and encourages its employees to work efficiently and also take days off.

Excellent place to work

Northern Vision Development is an excellent place to work where you have a lot of room for growth and self development. The core values of this company are well reflected in the overall interactions and business relationships between colleagues as well as customers. The work environment is great. I highly recommend working at NVD!

Great company to work for

NVD is a great place to work. Fast paced and challenging but fair. The people are all friendly and get along well. Upper management is approachable. I love working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Vision Development LP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement