Northern Regional Health Authority

Northern Regional Health Authority Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
Home care is a good place to work. It’s relaxing, good people to work with.Care home
Is not so

Good to

Work

Because of the shift work.workers are so stressed
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Shift work
I enjoyed working for the Northern Regional Health Authority. The strong leadership team ensured a positive and productive work day. Co-workers were always available to assist you when needed which created a strong team approach to all projects, problems, etc.
My experience was really good at nrha.staff was friendly.job atmosphere was good.my manager helped me lot.i would like to thank them all.its too cold in Thompson that’s why I left
While the day to day can be extremely stressful, there is a great opportunity for advancement and to make some serious cash. If you concentrate on your own job, you will be fine.
lame boring and a darg. consisted of the same daunting tasks day after day. management sucked there was a manager for every room in the building. not good
Nice place to work, good people, good benefits and also they have a couple nice savings plan options. Sweet employee gym also !
My typical day at work would be cleaning, serving dinner and washing/ cleaning up after. My hours were flexible and work loads was able to be switched and done in an order that worked better and more efficiently for myself. I enjoyed this job as it fit well with my high school classes since I would only for after 4 and work the occasional Saturday and Sunday for short hour shifts. The hardest part of my job was determining ways to contact my supervisor when there were problems with food supply and cleaning supplies as my supervisor was not present during my work hours very often. As a dietary worker I worked with 1 nurse, 3-4 health care aids as well a 1 cook, 2 other dietary aid workers. As a housekeeper I worked alone with other hospital workers that did not pertain to the work I was required to do.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No supervisor
A fast-paced environment, however, starting at 8:45 am enabled preparation time before first patients arrived. Multi-tasking was essential as mail had to be handled simultaneously with admitting patients and manning the switchboard.

I learnt to make appointments using electronic booking and to prepare patient charts for upcoming appointments.

I liked the open-door management style which meant that the manager was accessible. Employee relations in the department was warm, friendly and helpful.

The hardest part of this job was the multi-tasking aspect and the most enjoyable was the cordial relationship with co-workers as well as being able to help patients and ineracting with them.
Pros
opportunity for learning
Cons
some days were long especially when there is a visiting specialist clinic
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Regional Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3