Northern Reflections

Northern Reflections Employee Reviews for Shift Leader

Shift Leader17 reviews
Canada17 reviews
Great people and company to work for. I just need more constant hours. Would stay if I had steady hours, but they change every week and that is not enough for me.
Pleasant work environment with opportunity to bond with customers. It is fun to unpack the new clothing, build outfits and display them according to direction from Head Office.
Pros
Incentives to earn instore bonuses.
Cons
Declining hours in a retail environment.
Great company with sales incentives, and very communicative management.
Pros- Discount is great , customer base is awesome and for the most part very friendly

Cons- Don’t get the hours you were guaranteed, hard to have another job (which you will need due to lack of hours given) since scheduling isn’t done in advance and changes are made without notice, need to buy a lot of their clothes to work here , can’t communicate with management effectively because everything you say will be repeated to the other staff. Don’t recommend working here if you any have bills to pay because you won’t be able to pay them with the amount of hours your given.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Positive atmosphere with friendly supportive staff both within the store and from upper management both regionally and head office. I am a key holder as my position is right under store manager and I am in the supervisory position. I have learned a lot about fashion regarding fit and styling. previous retail positions have been in skincare. For me the hardest part of the job is lack of hours during slow times of the year. Most enjoyable part of the job is receiving new stock and interacting with customers.
Pros
Great discounts and incentives
Cons
non consistent hours
My job here was mainly customer service.. loved the company and the clothing. looked forward to serving the customers everyday. Here I have learned to manage staff, followed planograms kept the store clean and presentable.. was responsible for daily opening and closing procedures, daily paperwork and deposits.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having a happy customer walk out the door with a new outfit!!
Pros
Discounted clothing
Cons
no room for advancement
Interacting with customers is a pleasure. There are many incentives for customers.
The hardest part of the job is reaching our sales targets.

Management is very helpful.
My location was great, I loved working with my co-workers, and the customers come to be like family. The company on the whole is a wonderful company to work for.
Pros
great family like place
Cons
Manager sometimes isn't professional.
Always enjoy going and being at work, regular customers that you look forward to seeing every time.
Great learning opportunities given to employess
There was lots of drama among coworkers, no communication. Was a decent job for the year but would not go back.In the beginning i had a great amount of hours but near the end i was recieving 10 or less when i was promised 25+.
Cons
no hours, rude staff
I was hired in November 2015, as a shift leader, which is part of the management team. (Not where I work). The management team at this store needs training on working with the staff. I made two errors in the last month, and the manager. instead of working with me an coaching she started taking hours from me. (This is not the first time she has done this to an employee. She has it that you are forced to quit. I put in my two week notice yesterday as I can not deal with the mistreatment of certain staff members.
If this is how management is with staff at Northern Reflections, I want no part of it.
Pros
great product
enjoy the store atmosphere, my co-workers and getting to know my customers shopping likes and dislike and helping them put together a great outfit
Retail gives you good work experience, i liked the people i worked with.
My shifts are 4 hours a day, so a lot is accomplished in a short shift. Our daily sales and budgets are posted on a chart, merchandise is delivered and put on the floor. We have a drop and go policy, so customers are always first and have our full attention. The manager and staff are great and we have incentives to boost our sales.
Pros
clothes discount, great staff, great customers, good commute
Cons
not enough hours in a week
Friendly atmosphere, greeting and pleasing customers.
Workday productive and encouragement to return another day.
Pros
Meeting new customers on a daily basis.
Cons
Sometimes not being able to satisfy a customer, because we didn't have their style or choice of wardrobe.
At Northern you had a store budget and a personal budget to achieve daily. There is also a loyalty program that they have to promote as well, which sometimes can be difficult to sign new members up.
I loved working here,the staff was always happy and friendly, the customers always fun to talk to, new challenges arised daily that made this an interesting job however recently the company hired a new store manager and her treatment of the staff was very abusive/harrassement. The entire staff ended up quiting within two weeks of the new manager arrival. Some of the staff had been there for 17 years and some like me was there +7 years. I was really woking towards moving forward and taking the inititive to learn new policy and store operations because I wanted to move forward and make my part time job a great career with northern. However after being mistreated I left and through conversations with the company I was told that there would be no apology for the abuse/harrassment (which suggest that they do not care about their staff) and it seem like they were thankful that the staff that had build the great rapport with the customers were all gone. The company did not listen to the staff when they mention what was happening to the staff and let it continue till everyone was gone. Being out in the comunity I have run into some of the great ladies that always came itno the store for shopping and sometimes just to chat and see what is coming in the furture with the clothes, have said that since the staff left they are no longer shopping in sarnia and if they really want something from northern they go to chatham or london ( they said at least there they get service that the like and not pounce on once they walk through the door). It is my belief that this store will not be turning - more...
Pros
customers, old staff
Cons
management, no advacement hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Reflections. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8