Northern Reflections

Northern Reflections Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Edmonton, AB4 reviews
no pressure to sell was a great place to work staff was good, nice clothing for older ladies and very few staff functions or needed overtime. managers are usually very caring.
Fun work environment when working with other associates, helping customers with their wardrobe needs and wants. Sizes etc. Making the store look clean and inviting to customers walking through the mall. Been working for the company for approximately 3 years.
I have just joined the team and the staff and managers are very welcoming, and let you work on your pace! They teach you very thoroughly. The job itself is not hard, you must be able to communicate effectively with older clients and help them out with their purchase, and fittings.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Sometimes it can be very slow
Honestly I loved my job. I would not have quit but circumstances made it so I could not stay. I loved the people I worked with, and even tho I made 10.25 as management barely making my bills. I still wouldnt have traded it for anything.I learned something new each day, even tho we were worked thin. I disliked how I couldnt get to the doctors because we were short staffed. When I went home I was steps away from having namonia. I am a person that will stick with a job even if its the worst job in the world. I dont quit, I just work harder.

I quit because when I was hired I made it clear that I would be going home each year for christmas, only taking a week. I have not one friend or family our here. I find out in a very rude way that there is a black out period this year that I wasnt informed about about. I asked our DSM for just a week to go home. I did comtemplate not going until later in january, but then was informed my autistic cousin has serious medical issues and that christmas was the only time he was allowed out before cancer treatements. Its sad that a company would rather lose good employees then let one accomedation for one employee to go home for a week. Then once I gave my two weeks I was completely ignored, nothing explained to me, I have no idea about where any of my vacation money and stat holiday money they collected from me when to. I was lucky to have all the proper documents on me on my last day, and other employes were allowed to harrass me saying "I should feel guilty" ect. Even tho I loved my job I would NOT go back to that company.
Pros
great management
Cons
short staffed, no flexability