Northern Reflections Employee Reviews

Bad management, no professionalism
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE3 February 2019
Pros- Discount is great , customer base is awesome and for the most part very friendly

Cons- Don’t get the hours you were guaranteed, hard to have another job (which you will need due to lack of hours given) since scheduling isn’t done in advance and changes are made without notice, need to buy a lot of their clothes to work here , can’t communicate with management effectively because everything you say will be repeated to the other staff. Don’t recommend working here if you any have bills to pay because you won’t be able to pay them with the amount of hours your given.
Pros
Discount
Customer service (retail)
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB13 January 2019
My job here was mainly customer service.. loved the company and the clothing. looked forward to serving the customers everyday. Here I have learned to manage staff, followed planograms kept the store clean and presentable.. was responsible for daily opening and closing procedures, daily paperwork and deposits.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having a happy customer walk out the door with a new outfit!!
Pros
Discounted clothing
Cons
no room for advancement
Fun sometimes
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 December 2018
I liked the job but the company doesn’t care about its employees. We worked hard but no reward for our job well done the worst part was working nights weekend and holidays
Pros
Manager was nice
Cons
Pay sucked
Management was demanding and not Team Players
Management-Key holder at both Windsor locations (Former Employee) –  Windsor and Tecumseh Ontario, Canada9 December 2018
No patience with the MULTIPLE procedures that were NOT clearly trained with support.
Too many details and responsibilities compiled in front of customers while being rushed and embarrassed by both the Manager and assistant Manager at the Windsor Branch-both of these ladies were from Chatham, ON

Paying minimum wage for an Assistant Manager Position who is responsible for various data processes that are NOT even clear in the manual where upper management expected me/us to remember the procedures when they were not common transactions. Specials/flyers, climbing ladders, adjusting merchandise twice a week on average, opening/closing of store, deposits and mainly the coldness of these 2 ladies was unacceptable for anyone.

Note: Customers warmed up to me initially and remained wonderful in assisting.
Pros
The public and most of the retail.
Cons
Manager at both locations in Windsor and the Assistant Manager at Windsor-Devonshire Mall
Enjoyable place to work
PART TIME SHIFT LEADER (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ON17 September 2018
Interacting with customers is a pleasure. There are many incentives for customers.
The hardest part of the job is reaching our sales targets.
Management is very helpful.
It is a great place to work and grow as an employee
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON24 August 2018
I counted floats, checked emails , made budgets did payroll and schedules.
I was greeted daily with returning customers, the hardest part of my job was making sure employees met all the expectations Northern needed .
Pros
salary
Cons
work every weekend
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON27 July 2018
I enjoy working with customers. Helping to choose clothing that is appropriate for them. I enjoy learning new things about the industry. Watching for shoplifters is the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Great team support
Nice place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 July 2018
In a typical day, I have to organize the store and assist customers find what they need. I've learned how to try to identify customers needs and match with what the store offers.
Management is nice, so is the workplace culture.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 July 2018
Fun work environment when working with other associates, helping customers with their wardrobe needs and wants. Sizes etc. Making the store look clean and inviting to customers walking through the mall. Been working for the company for approximately 3 years.
Very Hostile Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON11 May 2018
Worse Job. No hours are guaranteed. Management ignores requests/complaints.
Management is not loyal to employees
Do not care if you have family
They follow the needs of the business meaning, you (the employees) are put last.
Not approachable
Staff talk down / talk bad about other employees to other staff and customers
Cons
Short shifts when you do work
Great people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS27 April 2018
i had a great experience as a shopper and employee of this store. Very friendly and out going co workers, they created a happy and friendly environment
Energetic, exciting work environment.
Key holder, Sales associate (Current Employee) –  25 Peel Centre Dr, Brampton, ON L6T 3R522 March 2018
In my experience Northern Reflections is a great place to work. The most important task is providing excellent customer service in order to sell merchandise. You must keep the store clean and organized, by properly stocking, folding and hanging merchandise. You navigate a point of sale system to process sales, refunds, exchanges, credits, gift cards, place orders etc. You must also regularly check the store email and the internet store home page for outstanding tasks, such as transfer orders through purolator, promotional changes, product consolidations and markdowns, etc. Two days of the week you receive stock shipments. At least once a week you prepare and take deposits to the bank. You often work alone and are responsible for completing all store tasks and functions independently. In a typical day you work with only one other person. Your shifts overlap for a 4-5 hours and you cover each others breaks. Working here has shaped me into a very responsible employee with strong ability to self regulate and effectively manage my time.
Pros
Flexible hours, good co-workers, "be your own boss"
Cons
No advancement, low salary, unfulfilling
Good Company
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 February 2018
Overall company is good to work. Especially people starting a career in retail, Northern reflection provide good opportunity to explore Candidate potential
Pros
Provide lot of learning opportunity
Cons
Company going through transition for several years
poorly managed, low moral
Material handler / Shipper (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON31 January 2018
the managers never know what they're doing or who they are sending where you're constantly getting in trouble by one manager for doing what the other manager has asked you to do
management so poor
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 January 2018
The job is poor management and you should arrange yourself timesheet with the CEO.It is not fit for me and I prefer to get the ready before working as early as possible.
Pros
Cons
poor management
Great company
Wardrobe Consultant/ Sales / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2017
I worked in sales, layout changes, restocking, mark downs, and cashier. Cross selling was a big must. I also helped with administration, and on line orders.
Pros
Good company, and great customers
Cons
Less hours during slow periods
Productive work place,
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON30 September 2017
Walking long distances, nice enviroment, I have learned all the supply chain process, they appreciate your job and give you the chance to be trained in different areas
Pros
flexible managment
Cons
salary
Absolutely wonderful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL18 September 2017
I enjoyed working here very much, only made average wages but other than that it was a wonderful work experience. You do have to purchase their clothes that are in season to work there but you do get a 50% discount on all clothes.
Need help? Not gonna Happen.
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS31 August 2017
I was hired as part time. The DM tried to convince me to quit my main job to continue full time there. The only reason why I stayed was my manager who recently quit. The DSM is of no help when it comes to needing questions answered and support for her store managers. I've worked there for over a year and have met the DSM once.
Pros
The customers
Cons
Dsm
Nice Hospital
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 August 2017
Good company to work for. Room for advancement. Excellent working conditions. Very fair company . Multicultural which made it very interesting. Very high paced environment.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Highly competitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Reflections. Our community is ready to answer.