Northern Reflections

Northern Reflections Employee Reviews

Canada109 reviews
No hours, the hours budget is constantly cut back, we never make enough to satisfy Lalonie- the CEO.
Extremely poor wages - no matter what your seniority is! You never do enough.
Your raise is 10 cents/h . I am curious what should I do with it!? Ask Lalonie.
Pros
Nice management
Cons
No hours whatever if 3h/ week means anything
As a manager don’t expect support from your DM
Very disheartening when your dealing with difficult employees and you bring your concerns to your DM over and over and your told they have your back..unfortunately I believed her .nothing could be further from the truth !! Your basically on your own
Many different responsibilities to avoid boredom.
Pleasant work environment with opportunity to bond with customers. It is fun to unpack the new clothing, build outfits and display them according to direction from Head Office.
Pros
Incentives to earn instore bonuses.
Cons
Declining hours in a retail environment.
They are the worst company to work for
Not a good environment

Over work employees

No creativity

Smothering employees

No overtime

Expected to come in on days off
It's a small store which is great for me.
It's a great place to work. I'm learning new things everytime I work. I get to meet alot of nice people and there's alot of ladies you get to know and can have great conversations with and joke with
Excellent quality clothing store.
I was honestly so pleased to be trained by some of the best people in the industry. The work was fast paced and sales were key. They offer great training and promotional opportunities.
Pros
great opportunities, room for growth
Emploers were helpful and supportive.
A typical day at Northern Reflections involved helping the customers to choose the right style and colour to complement their body type and to accent their best qualities. I enjoyed this very much because I like working with people.
Pros
I received a 50% discount
Cons
not enough hours
I loved working there great people and customers
Working for Northern Reflections was a wonderful and learning experience. The customers are great and they are patient with the employees. I work with really great people and my boss is a lovely person. I myself enjoyed wearing the clothes and accessories from Northern Reflections.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Northern Reflections?
Fun and pleasent place to work.
Strongest emphasis was on customer service. Responsibility for oversight of marketing, merchandising, and visual presentation were also an integral part of the management position.
Customer demographic is wide and varied and very pleasant to deal with.

Fun place to work!
Over all great place to work. Just not enough hours most weeks
Great people and company to work for. I just need more constant hours. Would stay if I had steady hours, but they change every week and that is not enough for me.
Great place to work with great people to work with.
A typical day starts with review of promos and interacting with clients, finishing with tidying the store. I learned how up-sell things and put together outfits. Management is great, I hear about her, but have never met her. Workplace culture is great, I can't complain. The hardest part of the job is finding things to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the clients.
Work okay
It was an okay place to work. Most people friendly to work with. Most of work didn’t hurt your back. Always got your required breaks. Not enough training for cash.
Great company.
Great company with sales incentives, and very communicative management.
Amazing
Love this job and the staff. Everyone is like family. Hands down the best place to work and be yourself.
Highly recommend this job for anyone. The staff and customers make it home away from home.
Okay
I was basically working there to get hired but due to fact that I was on probation job it was taking to long for them to hire me permanently which they didn’t I also need Med coverage which they weren’t providing.
Pros
Sub
Cons
Dubl
Beautiful clothes
wonderful management and employees to work with. Quick pace high quality products at reasonable prices.
Typical day involved greeting people who entered help them select beautiful product and accessories.
summary
great temporary job as a student - great company to work for! Would highly recommend the company for those interested in a retail job. The company is very supportive and has taught me a good career path to continue on with in life.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great Place to work
the managers know what they're doing or who they are sending where you're constantly. Everyone is friendly and enjoys working together. It is very hard though.
Fun place to work
I really enjoyed my time working concession while I was in high school. Got to meet lots of new people and help customers. I like the staff and the hours I was given to work.
great environment
no pressure to sell was a great place to work staff was good, nice clothing for older ladies and very few staff functions or needed overtime. managers are usually very caring.
Stay away
They treat you like a thief and the management are bullies. They do not treat staff fairly and hostile environment. I thought the go workers were friendly and cared about you but threw you under the bus and talked about you behind your back. The customers were great and treated you great. The clothes are good but you had to put a lot of your own money from wages and stay current with trends so this bites into your pay so your wages go back to northern hence working for way less than minimum wage.

This was the worst experience I had in a work environment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Reflections. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9