Northern Micro

Canada13 reviews

Clear
2.4Job security & advancement

Good place to start

The company was ok, but the political side in the work environment was very taxing. The staff was amazing and helpful, and the company was a good place to start for any physical work in the future.

Solid company, smart people, long-term employees - maybe a bit oldschool

I've been with NM for over three years, and it's a pretty good company compared to others I've been at (big companies). It's not a huge corporation with lots of CYA politics and fiefdoms - but it's also not some scrappy small company struggling to make payroll every month. The company got bought out last year, and honestly there hasn't been much changes, no one got fired, and seems like there's even more work than before! Most everyone sticks to a standard work schedule - managers and some others do stay past 5PM regularly. There are some roles which obviously really structured, and others which are way more flexible. Sometimes overtime is needed but the work is steady - my boss has always been pretty flexible when I need time off to take care of my family. Most of the managers have been with the company for a long time. They know the processes and systems inside and out, and know what they are doing. They are approachable, but can also be strict at times with following process. They have always been open to my suggestions, but they have better experience than me, so I trust their decision if they don't want to adopt my idea. I'd say the company is well run. A bunch of supervisors or managers all started at or near the bottom, which I respect a lot, but they are here for so many years - like soooo many... maybe 10+ years minimum (I dunno) - I hope one day I can get promoted too. Culturally, its definitely not young and hip, but it's definitely not old school stuffy corporate either. Like any company with multi-generation, really. Work space is mostly standard cubicle -

Pros

Nice people, steady company, BBQs, not small but not huge

Cons

Not a super sexy industry that gets lots of attention (like Shopify)

confide independant work opportunity

• Put together a promotional advertising campaign (scripts, calling list, follow up mails)• Send advertising e-mail using constant contact software.• Inform a variety of clients by phone and thru email of new promotions available.• Create contact list using GED's.• Give up dates on previous calls and sent emails.• Review and respond to call reports on a daily basis.• Classify and archive costumers Information’s.• Follow up on outstanding quotations• Translate text, email, reports in French and English• Maintain various Databases (price list, configuration, parts lists, trade agreements)• Assist in project management and marketing• Assist in the creation and maintenance of various reports

Pros

very social work place

Cons

not a very convenient location

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Northern Micro?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Micro. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement