Northern Micro

Northern Micro Culture reviews

Canada13 reviews

Clear

Productivity and fun

the most user freindly company I worked in with a real family spirit, they provides all the training courses that is needed for the work

Great work environment, friendly employees & awesome benefits!

Northern Micro is a great place to work. You are always greeted with a smile by your co-workers and owner and the environment is fun and relaxed. The benefits package is extensive and management is understanding/flexible.

Pros

Benefits, lots of BBQs/lunches, staff perks/parties, competitive salary, friendly staff.

Cons

Location not super central, cubicles

Solid company, smart people, long-term employees - maybe a bit oldschool

I've been with NM for over three years, and it's a pretty good company compared to others I've been at (big companies). It's not a huge corporation with lots of CYA politics and fiefdoms - but it's also not some scrappy small company struggling to make payroll every month. The company got bought out last year, and honestly there hasn't been much changes, no one got fired, and seems like there's even more work than before! Most everyone sticks to a standard work schedule - managers and some others do stay past 5PM regularly. There are some roles which obviously really structured, and others which are way more flexible. Sometimes overtime is needed but the work is steady - my boss has always been pretty flexible when I need time off to take care of my family. Most of the managers have been with the company for a long time. They know the processes and systems inside and out, and know what they are doing. They are approachable, but can also be strict at times with following process. They have always been open to my suggestions, but they have better experience than me, so I trust their decision if they don't want to adopt my idea. I'd say the company is well run. A bunch of supervisors or managers all started at or near the bottom, which I respect a lot, but they are here for so many years - like soooo many... maybe 10+ years minimum (I dunno) - I hope one day I can get promoted too. Culturally, its definitely not young and hip, but it's definitely not old school stuffy corporate either. Like any company with multi-generation, really. Work space is mostly standard cubicle -

Pros

Nice people, steady company, BBQs, not small but not huge

Cons

Not a super sexy industry that gets lots of attention (like Shopify)

Great Place to work!

This is a great place to work where everyone welcomes you and the stress levels are low which enables staff to enjoy their jobs without being overwhelmed.

High volume of productivity, with many staff appreciation events

- Very high paced work environment - Approachable management - Many events for communicate with staff in various departments, in order to resolve discrepancies. - Over 50 expense reports processing bi-weekly - Not competitive salary.

– 29 January 2019
Thank you for your review of your employment with Northern Micro. We are grateful for your positive feedback with regards to our work environment and management.We recognize we have work to do to expedite expense report handling. We are in the process of finding and evaluating vendors with the best solution for our needs.We also recognize the need to improve our compensation to employees, and have increased our medical, dental, vision care, and health care spending account benefits package to be competitive with our industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Micro. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement