Northern Lights College

Northern Lights College Employee Reviews

staff and International Students were friendly and eager to learn Aboriginal culture; there were Aboriginal students from the surrounding Treaty 8 communities who were to be my clients, only 5 students from local communities.
Would be nice if there were more permanent instructing positions. Management cares very much about the students and faculty. Positive work environment.
Manager initially was encouraging to work for however that changed when he came back from holidays. The working conditions rapidly deteriorated and became hostile.
I found it sort of back stabbing, I worked for two weeks one Christmas and spent time in the summer working there as well so when I responded A few times to a call from the college at Christmas time, she claimed to have no idea who would be calling me from that number.
fill the seat...no matter what the cost...for the most part a good experience...producing average ame apprentices....Instructors are considered babysitters...too bad...great people to work with though.
I found this to be an interesting experience and it gave me the opportunity to work in post-secondary education. I enjoyed working with the people I worked with at the campus, but don't think I fit into the image of a typical college instructor. The position I was working in was a temporary contract position and I was not able to find another permanent position with the college after my contract was completed.
I had a great experience working at my practicum at Northern Lights College. I learned how to work with office equipment and I learned how to run a computer program such as word, desktop publisher, and I learned how to run the photocopier and scanned documents.
northern lights college is a great place to learn, the staff are the most kind and polite people you will meet in dawson, the instructors are some of the best in northern BC and if you wana learn, GET IN DER
Pros
its dope
Cons
Enjoyed the team atmosphere and positive work environment. Great place to work and great people to work with. Management was very knowledgeable and easy to work with.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Northern Lights College?
Information regarding availability of courses offered is not up to date. Staff are helpful. Library is sparse for resources. Hours are not user friendly - as they close the site at 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. Information and updates are not shared with the community. Being a multi-site educational institution - the four campuses are not in reliable communication.
Pros
Comfortable environment
Cons
Low salary
Like any other job this one is sesonal. this mean my busy time is summer time...... and the winter could be or not depend of how much snow we get. Co-worker are Ok.... we are only three. My day go so fast.
Pros
because is busy my working time fly
Cons
we need to work around the students to fix or repair something.
The staff at the Fort Nelson location is extremely easy to work with. Being part of the volunteer Student Council is a great way to add fun to your college life.
working at NLC was very rewarding. they gave me the opportunity to discover who I was. from student services, to financial aid to catering their dinners and being chair of their social club. had amazing co-workers and management.
Pros
the students
Cons
no cons in my mind
Having a safe place for the student to call home. Make supper for them and make sure there is food in the house for them to take for lunch to school.
It is a really very good to work at the college residence. There is not much work up there. I required to move in new comers at the residence and also to check out them when their contract gets done.
I was a temporary worker. I loved teaching and interacting with the students. Courses were scheduled but only went ahead if there were enough students. This made it difficult to schedule other activities.
Pros
students and keeping up to date with technology and software
Cons
unpredictable schedule
Learned to be paitent.Typical day long hours.Managment was ok.
Pros
co-workers were not bad.
Cons
night shift