Northern Lights College

Northern Lights College Employee Reviews

Great employment opportunity in a union environment

Worked there for two years and was pleased with the role. My position was full time all year so stable. Staff were great to work with and all were supportive. Sr. Management changed while I was there but did not have any major changes during my term.I enjoyed my time there but left for an advancement opportunity in the private sector.

Pros

Cafeteria and some opportunities to utilize the various facilities such as automotive bays

Cons

Stable employment but some positions are seasonal.

I love working for such an inclusive Organization

I am very happy to work at my current job. They have been such an understanding and supportive team since day one.I am an immigrant and as part of more than one minority group I am always looking to work in a positive, respectful and inclusive environment.

Pros

Excellent team work

Cons

Just 2 co workers

Rewarding experience

Would be nice if there were more permanent instructing positions. Management cares very much about the students and faculty. Positive work environment.

Nothing stood out

Manager initially was encouraging to work for however that changed when he came back from holidays. The working conditions rapidly deteriorated and became hostile.

People and International students were friendly and happy. lacks Aboriginal studnets from local communties

staff and International Students were friendly and eager to learn Aboriginal culture; there were Aboriginal students from the surrounding Treaty 8 communities who were to be my clients, only 5 students from local communities.

Women were 2faced

I found it sort of back stabbing, I worked for two weeks one Christmas and spent time in the summer working there as well so when I responded A few times to a call from the college at Christmas time, she claimed to have no idea who would be calling me from that number.

puppy mill

fill the seat...no matter what the cost...for the most part a good experience...producing average ame apprentices....Instructors are considered babysitters...too bad...great people to work with though.

Interesting work experience & great colleagues!

I found this to be an interesting experience and it gave me the opportunity to work in post-secondary education. I enjoyed working with the people I worked with at the campus, but don't think I fit into the image of a typical college instructor. The position I was working in was a temporary contract position and I was not able to find another permanent position with the college after my contract was completed.

it gave me experience in a office enviroment

I had a great experience working at my practicum at Northern Lights College. I learned how to work with office equipment and I learned how to run a computer program such as word, desktop publisher, and I learned how to run the photocopier and scanned documents.

best place to go to school !

northern lights college is a great place to learn, the staff are the most kind and polite people you will meet in dawson, the instructors are some of the best in northern BC and if you wana learn, GET IN DER

Pros

its dope

Environment

Enjoyed the team atmosphere and positive work environment. Great place to work and great people to work with. Management was very knowledgeable and easy to work with.

Very casual place to work

Information regarding availability of courses offered is not up to date. Staff are helpful. Library is sparse for resources. Hours are not user friendly - as they close the site at 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. Information and updates are not shared with the community. Being a multi-site educational institution - the four campuses are not in reliable communication.

Pros

Comfortable environment

Cons

Low salary

Fun and busy place to work

Like any other job this one is sesonal. this mean my busy time is summer time...... and the winter could be or not depend of how much snow we get. Co-worker are Ok.... we are only three. My day go so fast.

Pros

because is busy my working time fly

Cons

we need to work around the students to fix or repair something.

Excellent opportunity for volunteer work

The staff at the Fort Nelson location is extremely easy to work with. Being part of the volunteer Student Council is a great way to add fun to your college life.

loved the job

working at NLC was very rewarding. they gave me the opportunity to discover who I was. from student services, to financial aid to catering their dinners and being chair of their social club. had amazing co-workers and management.

Pros

the students

Cons

no cons in my mind

Homeshare for exchange students

Having a safe place for the student to call home. Make supper for them and make sure there is food in the house for them to take for lunch to school.

overall good and simple work

It is a really very good to work at the college residence. There is not much work up there. I required to move in new comers at the residence and also to check out them when their contract gets done.

I loved the student interaction and the teaching.

I was a temporary worker. I loved teaching and interacting with the students. Courses were scheduled but only went ahead if there were enough students. This made it difficult to schedule other activities.

Pros

students and keeping up to date with technology and software

Cons

unpredictable schedule

Fun place to work

Learned to be paitent.Typical day long hours.Managment was ok.

Pros

co-workers were not bad.

Cons

night shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Lights College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement