Northern Health

Northern Health Pay & benefits reviews

I enjoy working for Northern Health but the pay is not enough to live on unless you have the opportunity to work overtime. I have to work another part time job to make ends meet.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
No overtime
there is no lean or peak season like other jobs you need to be laid off because of weather conditions. Normal pace as we work in the health authority serving the north. Fringe benefits for the employee and family. Working environment is great, you are treated like family and gain friends and good work experience.
There are too many mangers in one area and none in anther. Not enough focus on patient care. Management isn't accountable to staff and just turns a bling eye.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
No extra benefits, no team atmosphere
Great place to work, great people all around between public health and primary care. Parking is not the greatest and can be a challenge. Cost of living in PG is affordable.
It can be very fast paced working on the hospital schedule. Management is pretty tolerable. The co-workers are amazing (there is always 1-2 bad seeds wherever you work). The pay isn't terrible but of course more is always better. All in all I would recommend working for Northern Health.
It was good work experience for working long hours and having a steady work flow. It was a good place to work with good management and with organization.
Pros
Benefits for full time positions, and work experience.
Cons
Limited Management at the time.
I am happy with my employment with Northern Health. As a social worker within the hospital, you are never without a new circumstance to learn and help with. the role is very fast paced and you have the ability to interact with numerous health care professionals. from doctors to nurses to OT to PT to other social workers. The list goes on. I have made many good friends from this job. It really is like a family. Some of the cons include random drama that can sneak into certain floors or departments, some more than others. Sometimes you come up against some doctors that believe they are the end all, be all. if you stick up for yourself and your patients, you will succeed. This job needs someone who is more assertive in their abilities.
Pros
pay, benefits, friendships, tims downstairs, always busy
Cons
parking, long hours on your feet, never any down-time
I worked as a social worker and clinician for approx. 5 years. many jobs to choose from, all with comparable pay and benefits. If you get bored, you can always get into a new department to keep your self fresh and not get burned out. To much restructuring means that you can be BUMPED and displaced sometimes, which is a HUGE downfall to the organization.
Pros
regular hours
Cons
have to pay for parking
Work is a little boring People are nice resident are Friendly and likable Great benefits management team is considerate knows staff well. help full and caring.
Pros
pension
Cons
long time to get a postion
Management was very disorganized. high salary, tons of available hours of work. friendly co workers. respected by management. poor communication from management to employees though.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Northern Health?
Enjoyed it while I was there. It wasn't a glamorous job but the management was good and it was steady work. Too repetitive for me.
My experience thus far with Northern Health has been a good one. The staff is very friendly and there is plenty of opportunity to advance.