Northern Health Region

Canada4 reviews
Featured review
Northern Health Region selected this as a representative review
Great employer in Northern Manitoba
Great place to work in Northern Manitoba. Very much enjoyed my time there. Excellent co-workers. Management was reasonable. Would recommend for anyone looking to gain experience.
Management needs to be more involved.
Respectful workplace policy is disregarded completely by employees. People have groups they form and include/exclude certain workers. Wouldn’t recommend working at NRHA.
Pros
Lots of overtime shifts available
Cons
Short staffed regularly
Silent place. Good for a family that requires no disturbance from the world. Not a right place for bachelors
The place is silent and okay to work. Management is quite helpful. But it doesn`t help with stress overload. Disadvantages are not limited to Stress, heavy workload, high responsibility, and very less pay.
Repetative and lots of Travel
My position was regional, so it required that I travel to other communities to facilitate courses, and stay over night for several days a month. If I was facilitating a course in my home town, I would go in early, and prepare for the class, set up tables, power points, equipment, etc.. If I was facilitating in another community that required travel, I would either travel very early in the morning, in order to be at that community early enough to set up, etc., or I would travel the night before. During my position here, Management was switching roles, but both managers had a lot to offer me in terms of guidance and experience. My position was a solo job, so I did not have co-workers, however when I was booking rooms and equipment in facilities, I did encounter many friendly staff. The hardest part of the job was the constant travel. I was on the road 15 days out of the month, which grew tiresome. The most enjoyable part of the job was the facilitating... I loved it.
Pros
meeting new people, free lunches during courses
Cons
travel, hotel stays
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Health Region. Our community is ready to answer.
2.3