Northern Health Authority

Clear
3.6Pay & benefits

goodmanagementgreatjobworkplacehouremployee

union work

union work. people there might not work as fast as you like, but the medical benefits is really really good. pay doesn't go up unless you change positions. newbie and people with experience got paid the same.

It has been a rewarding career

I have enjoyed my employment with NHA . Easy to work with people a very team approach to help new hires . I have learned lots in the 30 years I have been there . We had a very busy OBS dept for years and that was a learning curve which I enjoyed very much . There is always other areas to work in if you would like a change . Everyone is so supportive .

Pros

Supportive management

Cons

Salary

Insights into Northern Health Authority

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

great place to work

team work, great leadership, mentoring. continuing education to keep skills current. great balance of work and home life, approachable supervisors.benefits packages are great.

Pros

flexible work hours

excellent place to work

very good culture and leadership development opportunities. People genuinely care for others and the work that they do is meaningful, as people are part of the community that they live and work in.

Pros

salary is good, some free lunches during meetings

Difficult to advance career.

I have found it difficult to advance a career, even after significant educational opportunities completed. It seems upper management has a pre conceived plan as to whom they want where... and if you are not part of the plan, or they are not aware of you - you have little to no chance of advancement.

Pros

good benefits.

Cons

poor advancement opportunities from within organization.

Great place to work if you can get on full time.

Excellent workplace but I was unable to get on as a full time regular employee and could not rely on Casual hours to pay the bills. Good structure and management was very fair and helpful

Great long term employer

Great work/life balance for an individual. Fort St John has a booming economy in comparison to other regions and the struggle with Northern Health is the lack of comparable wages to the surrounding industry.

benefits

Cons

low pay for industry

great experience

I have been trained in various area within the department, learning how to run various machines. work different hours with different shifts, accommodating to a student or only wanting part time. Good benefits for full time employees as well as a pension. Union facility

Productive place to work

there are so many great places you can venture through here if you ever decide to change career choices. They off great up to date education courses and classes on the constant changing areas.

Pros

good benifits and salary

Cons

some days not enough hours of work

A very productive enviroment

I enjoyed my career with Northern Health. Working along side nursing staff was a wonderful experience. The freedom given to work in a variety of areas broadened my spectrum of learning.

Pros

excellent benefits and great management

Cons

I wish it would have had a daycare available when my son was young

Good place to work and gain skills

As a long time employee of Northern Health Authority, I found that it was a great place to learn the necessary skills for the requirements of the job. Scheduling and Management needs to work together and find better more efficient ways to organize and schedule the employees this would save time and costs for the company.

Pros

long term employment/decent pay

Cons

too many changes in managment, schedules unorganized, lack of communication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement