Northern Health Authority

Northern Health Authority Employee Reviews

Canada38 reviews

Typical Government Organization

As expected of a government organization, it can be slow sometimes. You can see people just cruising and folks that are just past their prime and should not be leading anymore.

Productive and fun workplace

Best place to work. A lot of chances for promotion. Work flexibility and promotes equal chance to all communities. Employer values their employees……….

Insights into Northern Health Authority

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Very fast paced. Usually worked short staffed. Loved working with the elderly. Worked with some staff that where there only for the pay cheque. The ones that lover their job went above and beyond their duties. The hardest part of the job was the work load. Did not like working nights-not enough staff.

Pros

lots of work available

Cons

heavy work load

Run as fast as you can

Not the best place to work. I did a 10years, yes I say that like you're in jail..... cuz you ARE. Bullies galore including mangers...... just run... speaking as a care aid point of view.

Pros

Great residents, some good workers

Cons

Mangers bully, some co worker bully..... favoritism is huge part of working for NH

It has been a rewarding career

I have enjoyed my employment with NHA . Easy to work with people a very team approach to help new hires . I have learned lots in the 30 years I have been there . We had a very busy OBS dept for years and that was a learning curve which I enjoyed very much . There is always other areas to work in if you would like a change . Everyone is so supportive .

Pros

Supportive management

Cons

Salary

union work

union work. people there might not work as fast as you like, but the medical benefits is really really good. pay doesn't go up unless you change positions. newbie and people with experience got paid the same.

unlicensed management and sexually harassed

never again management are unlicensed and lack morals and integrity. physical harassment goes unchecked it wont let me type the three letter word corruption and theft of resources is rampant cover ups for staff who are under criminal investigation are common RUN!

Very good

Learnt alot but the training was minimal learn as you go some employees were so willing to teach some weren't very aplicable but loved my job excellent experience

Typical health care provider

Staffing issues same as everywhere proactive in supporting new and junior staff Lots of opportunities for new staff to move up Once in management it can get a bit slower to have opportunities to move

This job can be rewarding and pays quite well but can be stressful at times.

I have enjoyed working with mental health and addictions clients but the field is constantly changing with more psychosocial rehabilitative practices being put in. This has been both a good and bad thing as some earlier practices were put in place for reasons and many things have been changed back when we found the new practices were not working out. There have been many challenges along the way. I work in a 24 hour facility and it seems to be often understaffed so if someone calls in sick it is not unusual to work a 16 hour shift which can get quite tiring. I would prefer not to work such long hours. I feel I have learned a lot from the job but might like to try some thing in a different location.

care aide

I was responisble for getting my pts up and out of bed and putting them down for sleep, we try to respect the individuals personal preferences when it came to providing care and still keeping the pts independence in order while still providing qulaity daily living care.

nil

Great place to work awesome place to work beautiful place work Nice coworkers Good management Good people Better support Counselling I am grateful that I got job here

Pros

nil

Cons

nil

Poor morale and working cinditions

Poor morale and working conditions. Management disregards employee input and there is very little respect towards employees. Bullying issues are ignored. Heavy workload

Productive and safe workplace

While working for Northern Health I learned so much and was able to build my confidence with the help of members of the management team as well as other co-workers.

Nice Work Place

I enjoyed the company and the job, everyone was very nice and helpful. The managers were always there when you needed and the staff was very friendly and I very much enjoyed this job

Professional and pleasant place to work

Work with residents. Getting them up from bed in the morning. Helping feed breakfast, lunch and dinner if they need assistance. Then in evening put residents to bed after snack time. get everyone comfortable before filing paperwork for end of day and giving report to nurses.

Nice northern community

One hour flight or 9 hours drive to Vancouver. Affordable housing. Ski hills and golf course available in town. Good healthcare services and excellent education.

great place to work

team work, great leadership, mentoring. continuing education to keep skills current. great balance of work and home life, approachable supervisors.benefits packages are great.

Pros

flexible work hours

excellent place to work

very good culture and leadership development opportunities. People genuinely care for others and the work that they do is meaningful, as people are part of the community that they live and work in.

Pros

salary is good, some free lunches during meetings

Great Place to work

Great team and open communication between staff and management. Great work hours. Not a lot of options to pick up extra work in the community. Prince George is a great community to work in.

Difficult to advance career.

I have found it difficult to advance a career, even after significant educational opportunities completed. It seems upper management has a pre conceived plan as to whom they want where... and if you are not part of the plan, or they are not aware of you - you have little to no chance of advancement.

Pros

good benefits.

Cons

poor advancement opportunities from within organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement