Northern Gold Foods Ltd

Working at Northern Gold Foods Ltd: 31 Northern Gold Foods Ltd Reviews

Canada31 reviews

companypeopleworkingmanagementjobgreatworktime

Great company to work for!

I enjoy my job at NGF, I am exposed to many areas of the business, there is great progression if you are willing to work hard.We have hundreds of team members that are very happy with their job at NGF, unfortunately the people that are happy do not always write reviews.The Production Operator job is a great opportunity for people who enjoy team work and take satisfaction in producing outstanding products with exceptional quality.Hard work, great attendance and a positive attitude is valued here at NGF.

Fun workplace with lots of opportunities to grow.

It was great working with such a friendly and nice team.This is the great company with lots of opportunities to learn and grow. Workers are supportive and friendly. Company has good culture and treat their employees well. Management team and other staff are very friendly. Comapany helps new employees with training and support they need. Overall very good experience working with Northern Gold foods.

Pros

Great team, positive environment

Insights into Northern Gold Foods Ltd

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

easy job shift work 8 hours or 12 hours.

We make food products and work on a line. The lines are constantly breaking down (like any Plant they all do, if they didnt, we wouldnt have a job, it would be all animated) I love working here. You dont bring the job home. It takes no time to learn. You get great experience to find higher paying jobs.

Pros

Premium for midnights and afternoons, Uniforms(haha), No one cares what u look like, Although line work every day is different

Cons

Some people, think they can boss you around just cause they have been there longer, That part sucks, The rest is great

Excellent company to work

I am very happy to work for Northern Gold. Company has good culture and treat their employees well. Management team and other staff are very friendly. Comapany helps new employees with training and support they need. Pay is very reasonable at or above market rate. Overall very good experience working with Northern Gold.

Pros

Free lunches and treats

Decent Company but low wages

it's a pretty decent company to work at. coworkers are friendly and managers are understanding. but they don't pay you enough. good benefits though. and there is a lot of overtime.

Pros

good working environment

Cons

low wages

Bad place to work

Job training is throw you out there with no training and then they get mad when you don t know what to do. Management of company is bias. If they like you, you get a higher rate of pay. They promise reviews and salary advancement, but it doesn t happen. work place enviroment is toxic.

Cons

Highly stressful

Minimum wage for maximum effort

If you are desperate for a minimum wage job that is physically demanding this is for you. Hot environment made worse by having to wear a mask for covid.

Pros

Free protein bars

Cons

Everything else

Terrible management

This company doesn't care for long time employees. Still waiting for a review after almost 2 years. You feel like you are being babysat all the time. Management doesn't realize that we are the ones that keep the company running.... they don't let you know if you're doing a good job but instead always focusing on the negative. Communication is non existent. This would not be a good experience for someone starting out ( young people)

Great People and Management Team, Growing Company

Food Manufacturing Facility - Cereal Bars. Great group of people, very dedicated. Company continues to grow and good future.Production Operators work in Mixing and Packaging Departments.Mixing follow customer recipes to mix ingredients using various equipment to produce product. Operate high speed packaging equipment to wrap and package off product.- Shifts: 8.5 hour Mon to Fri 3 shift rotation and 12 hour 24/7 Continental shift rotation.- Starting wage $15.25/hour move to $16.25/hour after one month full service.- Shift premium. - Benefits after 6 months. Fast past environment - always something new to learn - working on your feet. Overtime opportunities. Uniforms provided.Main lines are climate controlled. Internal job/growth opportunities.Minimal experience required - training provided. Experience an asset.

Pros

Employee appreciation lunches, raffles/gift cards and company events. Covid-19 Employee appreciation bonuses.

Cons

Physically demanding at times. On your feet.

Friendly and nice environment

I am grateful for the opportunity to work with such a friendly and nice team.This is the great company with lots of opportunities to learn and grow. Workers are supportive, and friendly.

Pros

Great experience

Cons

It is grate place to work with good people. Working with people and management on the floor is very rewarding and a definite perk of the job. Everyone is very helpful and takes pride in doing their best every day. Fast-paced environment, but fun and enjoyable. Good benefits, decent pay. If you are looking for a professional, and pleasant work, then this is the place for you. It is a growing company, with very interesting business and opportunity to learn and progress

Pros

Enjoyable and rewarding

Cons

I’m so grateful to work for a company that shows its appreciation.

Northern Gold Foods, thank you for allowing me the opportunity to expand my skills, learn, get exposure through the job that I love so much.I know the skills I have learned as a result will help my success, and for that I am truly grateful for the opportunity to work with such a great team for the past 2 years.Coworkers are great, supportive, and friendly. I could not have achieved great success without your support and help. Thank you for influencing my life and helping me become a better and more skilled employee. All of this results in a positive work environment. To my boss, thank you for teaching me that every mistake is just a learning experience.Ever since I have been working with Northern Gold Foods, I found myself evolving both with respect to my career as well as a person.Thank you, Northern Gold Foods!

Pros

Free lunches and ice-cream in hot sunny days.

the worst place to work

higher up is all in their heads, talk to employees about their employers. training is terrible. when spenser comes everything has to be in order why isnt it like that every day management make make

Pros

friendly employees

Cons

supervisors talk about everyone to others

Too much pressure put on employees.

They want you to be able to do a "3 people" task by yourself and they expect you to do it well. They do not give salary increases, they just stick close to the minimum wage which is not fair regarding the level of work they make their employees do. Theft is also a big thing that has been happening to this company and the management does not care so you would not feel safe at all.

Fun workplace

The hardest part of the job is i didnt really like the way my manager treated me but i had fun working there because i have friends too and the salary was enough.

Poorly Managed

I don't recommend working here, for the salary is not worth for the work that you do, in my opinion it's garbage and you can find an easier job with a better pay.

Growing Company, Great People, Going in the Right Direction

-Company has already expanded after only being opened a couple years from 2 production lines to 3 lines. -Co-packer producing baked and chewy cereal bars for various customers. -Plant either runs 24/7 continental 12 hour shifts or Mon to Fri 3-8 hour shifts. -Lots of great people. Food events during the year and Christmas party. -Plant is improving and going in the right direction. Few changes have helped. Tough for awhile in the past with higher turn over of people (but happy to see several go that didn't belong) and needing time for newbies to gain experience. -Positions: Production Operators, Quality Tech's, Maintenance Tech's, Forklift drivers, Supervisors and Management. People promoted from within for a few jobs. -Jobs are demanding at times, on your feet, can be physical work. Mixing and Packaging departments. Operators run and clean the equipment. -Wage increases have started to improve from the start of this year, happening faster. Benefits after 6 months, they are average.

Pros

Lots of time off when working Continental shifts

Cons

Working every other wknd on Continentals (but off during the wk)

Great place to work.

I’ve worked at NG for around 2 years and during that time I had a all the support I needed from the management team. It was a great experience. The company built a good team with experienced people.

Pros

Management support and opportunities to grow

Cons

Location (in my case)

Wow

Nothing works in this place. 12 hour shifts and you are down almost every day for hours. They need to clean house starting with management. No communication with employees, have never seen a higher turnover rate anywhere, many people quit during their shift. All the good people are leaving, its like they enjoy failing. Stay away!

Pros

Getting paid for doing nothing

Cons

Everything else

Productive and fun workplace a little bit under pay

Productive and fun workplace, healthy environment, lively and co-workers specially filipino co-workers though there are times undermanned but can adjust/ adopts to any kind of jobs/positions in the working area specially during weekends (24/7 working environment) learned some machine problem trouble shootings company culture is ok but on a little bit of conservative and strict also more work and less pay ( a little higher on a minimum) but at the end of the day exhausted but most of the time happy because of the workplace environment and co workers

Poor management. Even worse wages.

12 hr shifts often get called in on your days off. Extremely high turnover rate of employees due to conditions of work place. Very substandard wages for the work required. Management is bias to certain employees. Management chooses who they like and dislike to suit the needs of their production numbers. Management continuously stress and strain workers daily to reach the bottom line regardless of health and welfare of employees. Consistently working beyond the means and numbers of employees the job requires. Management does not follow HACCP and SOP. Often management works and handles machinery and equipment without washing and sanitizing hands or at the least wearing gloves. Change in management and wages is the only way this company will survive.

Pros

Co workers

Cons

Bad managemnt and substandard wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Gold Foods Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement