Northern Credit Union Employee Reviews

Don’t kid yourself!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Northern Ontario4 November 2018
Senior management is so busy covering their butts that they don’t hesitate to blame subordinates for all of the woes of the organization. Be prepared to find yourself without a job on a moment’s notice because it’s easier for them to make “strategic” changes than it is for them to admit their own inability to manage. The members are no longer the focus of the credit union, and are starting to realize that the “bottom line” is king. The credit union philosophy is a joke here, at least the banks are honest and up front with their purpose. Before accepting any position ask very serious questions about why so many people are no longer with Northern, ask how many that were employed 3 years ago (or longer) are not there and ask what was the main reasons for leaving. Ask if they have recently conducted employee satisfaction surveys and if the results were shared with staff. Remember, they will be asking you many questions to determine your “fit” with senior management - you should ask your own so that you are not disappointed later.
Pros
Take every opportunity to learn as much as you can about credit unions and this financial industry.
Cons
Very poor Senior Management.
Productive and fun place to work, as a team member you are valued
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Deep River, ON12 October 2018
Northern is one if the Great places to work in Canada. Excellent remuneration, vacation time, pension fund even fir part time. Room for advancement, relocation, and promotion.
Pros
Your allowed to be yourself here
Cons
Part time positions to start, but pay is excellent
management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesley, ON11 January 2018
If I could put a negative beside the stars for management and overall rating I would. This local company can not keep a manger nor can they positively direct their staff. I would not recommend someone looking for a healthy work environment to apply here,
Great Managers, Staff and Members
Branch Teller (Former Employee) –  Sudbury ON9 November 2014
Work days typically busy, a lot of routine duties. I've learned a lot about the Credit Union family and community. Worked with some great people- everyone helped each other achieve goals. The hardest part of the jobs was leaving. I will miss the Members most as you really get to know them and their families.
Pros
Learning about the business of banking
Cons
Lack of hours
Sell Sell Sell
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Union, ON7 July 2014
I also enjoyed working for Bell It was a very fast paced environment and fun! I exceeded sales targets regularly and enjoyed having fun with co workers and customer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Northern Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5